Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Forest Green Rovers pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 73294 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #285 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 17:29:23 »

He was still way better than Muskwe. Was unlucky with his chances today. If that one that hit the post had crept in it would have been a brilliant improvised strike.
Oh it would have been a brilliant goal, but, as it stands it wasn't.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 17:31:01 »

I was disappointed that Isgrove was dropped , because he was on form and links up well with Caddis and others. We need at least one penetrative runner with an end product, and DJ is not that, he's too selfish and doesn't release it at the right time. I'm a big fan of Wellens, but on the face of it IMO that's probably the first big mistake he has made in selection.

ust be the oldest
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 17:31:54 »

Well shiiiit.

FGR did a very good job of closing us down and stopping us from playing from the back, credit there. But also while we had a lot of the ball I thought we weren't really that cutting with what we did with it. That said, with a bit of luck on our side we'd have scored 3 or 4.

FGR held shape and looked a bit livelier as we tried to attack.  They scored when they put two very good crosses in (defending could have been better) but did fuck all else to hurt us.

Yates was off the pace today, but quite what Muskwe adds at this stage of his career is a bit of a mystery. Woolery is miles better right now, though I guess he's not being played because he's off. Though Doughty was below his best but still a good bet to unlock things, and that Anderson was probably our best attacking threat.

Massively frustrating and disappointing but its going to happen to us and others too.

The ref was a dick mind, I'm sure that was a penalty and what a difference that goal would have made to a fragile opposition.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 17:32:01 »

No positives from the game today.

They pressed us from the start, got a lucky early goal and we never got going.
We hit the post twice and had a stonewall penalty decision go against us.

That has to be the worst referee we have ever had at the County Ground, what an absolutely useless cunt.

That aside, we deserved nothing from the game today.

Forget it and move on.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 17:38:05 »

That has to be the worst referee we have ever had at the County Ground, what an absolutely useless cunt.

Forget it and move on.
Penalty would have been a red as well wouldn’t it, denying a goal scoring opportunity. How the ref ignored that is beyond belief.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 17:40:07 »

So although Wellens has done much good stuff he still hasn't quite managed sorting the back to back Tuesday/Sat or Sat/ Tuesday home wins.  Last achieved by PdC in August 12.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 17:40:12 »

Highlight of the afternoon was probably the shenanigans in the TE...a fair few made a hasty retreat when they saw the size of the plain clothed meat heads who turned up as reinforcements behind the goal!

It looks as if the club has employed the pick of the local bouncers who are on standby in a nearby location if it ever kicks off...they should probably don a hi vis though Cheesy
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 17:40:56 »

quite what Muskwe adds at this stage of his career is a bit of a mystery. Woolery is miles better right now, though I guess he's not being played because he's off.
You may well be right but, in the name of Allah, line up to actually win the game. Angry
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 17:47:32 »

Forget it and move on.

Better still, learn from it & move on.  Couldn't make it today, but even though luck didn't go our way, sounds like FGR did a job on us today.  (Silver lining: they'll be stuck with Cooper a while longer.)  Challenge for us now is to identify what could have been better today, make the most of it and then make sure this blip doesn't turn in to something more serious.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #294 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 17:49:30 »

Look on the bright side, at least this means Cooper keeps his job for another few weeks Cheesy that will piss off more FGR fans that it will please!

Edit....beaten to it by Ardiles Cheesy

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 17:52:14 »

Quote from: theakston2k
Penalty would have been a red as well wouldn’t it, denying a goal scoring opportunity. How the ref ignored that is beyond belief.

no, the 'double jeopardy' rule would have seen a penalty and ayellow
Peter Venkman

« Reply #296 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 17:53:13 »

Must admit I havent seen the foul again yet but at the time it looked a stonewall pen.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 17:54:51 »

I've just watched it, and it looks to me that the defender has gone through Doyle - who had a tap in
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 17:55:02 »

Highlight of the afternoon was probably the shenanigans in the TE...a fair few made a hasty retreat when they saw the size of the plain clothed meat heads who turned up as reinforcements behind the goal!

It looks as if the club has employed the pick of the local bouncers who are on standby in a nearby location if it ever kicks off...they should probably don a hi vis though Cheesy

Like most of your predictions Chang that's incorrect. It just melted away once the beardy in the blue vest was ushered away.  I expect you got out if the way  Smiley
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 17:57:14 »

Forget it and move on.

What ginge said.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: