Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Forest Green Rovers pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 73276 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #180 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 15:40:38 »

Our poorest 1st half performance for a long time.

Definately not over though but we need to step things up and maybe make a change at HT.

No good performers and a fair few reliable players having really poor games.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 15:41:07 »

Well, that was shit
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 15:41:21 »

They are truly awful, it’s all about us, they aren’t even doing a job on us, as soon as we play any football game we’re straight in on them.

That’s a very one-eyed view of that half.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #183 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 15:41:48 »

Some half time ska

Peter Venkman

« Reply #184 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 15:42:14 »

1) We'v been sloppy at times, but we're still the better team. By some margin.
2) The ref's a cunt
3) The cunt doing the replays is also a cunt.
Absolutely. We need to step up a but 2nd half and we will put 3 past them. I would like some pace down the right, get Isgrove on 2nd half.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 15:43:37 »

That’s a very one-eyed view of that half.
Not really, we’ve basically missed 2 sitters and they’ve had one attack. As soon as we play any football we are right on their back 4, it’s our poor play at the moment that is the reason we are behind.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 15:43:45 »

See, I think you take their goal away and that was better than we have played in a while.  Their goal has changed the context of the game though, and the crowd are allowing that to cloud their view as well.  We should be 3-1 up and the last 10 mins has been all us.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 15:47:07 by RobertT » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #187 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 15:46:32 »

Well Northampton, Grimsby and Scunthorpe we played much better 2nd half against all of them.

The game is very much still there for us to win, we need a bit of a shake up though to make it happen.

FGR have a spoiling game plan and hit us on the break, we just need to get to grips with the passing, as FGR won't keep up this pressing on us that they were first half.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #188 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 15:48:18 »

See, I think you take their goal away and that was better than we have played in a while.  Their goal has changed the context of the game though, and the crowd are allowing that to cloud their view as well.  We should be 3-1 up and the last 10 mins has been all us.
As possession wise I would say yes we have easily been on top, but I think too few of our passes long and short have not found their target. Our finishing too hass been below par, hardly testing the keeper who looks quite poor from what he has shown when under pressure.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 15:49:38 »

Anderson and Yates off - Isgrove and Woolery on. Push DJ up asides Doyle.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 15:50:17 »

They have had one threatening attack and they scored because Caddis backed out of the clearance a little.  Yates should have scored at least one, maybe two with the rebound.  Doyle should have done better and DJ had a couple blocked.  If we create as much in the second half, the law of averages would have us win the game.  If we up our game, even more chance.  They covered a lot of ground in that first 30, it’s already showing with spaces between their midfield and defence when we get through them now.

It’s by no means certain, we could get frustrated, we could kiss more chances, but we have every chance of winning this still.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 15:51:53 by RobertT » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 15:51:15 »

As possession wise I would say yes we have easily been on top, but I think too few of our passes long and short have not found their target. Our finishing too hass been below par, hardly testing the keeper who looks quite poor from what he has shown when under pressure.

Beaten the keeper twice.  Yates cleared off the line and if he puts any height on it he scores.  Anderson back off the bar.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #192 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 15:51:27 »

Anderson and Yates off - Isgrove and Woolery on. Push DJ up asides Doyle.
I think it will be Isgrove OR Woolery, I don't think he will bring both on. Or he will probably try out Muskwe again.

I would like Isgrove on to press the fullback who looks lacking in pace.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #193 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 15:53:08 »

Beaten the keeper twice.  Yates cleared off the line and if he puts any height on it he scores.  Anderson back off the bar.
Exactly, not tested the keeper yet properly. We are a foot either way all of those could have resulted in goals.

mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 15:53:21 »

The problem isn’t anderson it’s DJ. Anderson is playing the floating role, DJ is on the right but keeps drifting in making it far too narrow
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: