Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Forest Green Rovers pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 73313 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #90 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 10:56:19 »

Grant would be a massive loss if hes not fit, he did hobble off on Tuesday with his shinpads off, fingers crossed though as he will be desperate to play.

FGR in the away game had no boss in midfield and him and Doughty played well there, as they always do, the only player to save FGR that day was Mills, who appears to be out injured.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #91 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 11:01:53 »

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/news/18287914.efl-take-action-coronavirus-outbreak-stopping-pre-match-player-handshakes/

No pre match handshakes! seriously? WTF.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #92 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 11:06:05 »

Mark Cooper not ingratiating himself with the FGR fans still.

Cooper's statements are the linguistic equivalent of a "professional" foul, though at least that sometimes has the virtue of "taking one for the team" rather than only about oneself. Otherwise known as, "I'm on to a good thing here,a five year contract and a Board who are not football people. The suckers who bought season tickets can watch my terrified kids. Tenth or nineteenth, who cares ? Gimme the money, honey.
Get behind Swindon ! I would much rather lose five nil if it got rid of him than putter along with a few goalless draws and waterlogged pitches saving his neck.
Anybody remember the spirit of Revie's Leeds in the seventies ? Revie eventually dumped them for Saudi Arabian money. Perhaps Mark imbibed that spirit like maternal milk ! Can't Mark get a nice international coaching offer, perhaps from Iran or South Korea ? Or how about North Korea ? Tthey'd love his verbal manner, treatment of his players and management style there !

Sadly, unless he goes, I will be among those multitudes not renewing season tickets. I'd rarher watch Brimscombe. Not, of course, that I am of any importance: I am just one of the hapless pay-in-advance crowd. I'll still attend because the poor, desperate kids deserve our sympathy. They seem to have been signed or naughty-stepped randomly and en masse, knowing that they are dependent for their future on the whims of a man whose first act this season was to put his son at the top of the retained players list. Without becoming unduly political, Cooper is a phenomenon of the dictatorial fashion of the times which have produced Trump, Erdowan, Bolsanaro and worse. He will never walk. That takes honour rather than cupidity.
A one-trick coach whose tactics function, albeit rather tediously, as long as the opposition never score, he will eventually leave FGR without a backward glance. Not fit to lace his father's boots, but maybe that's his underlying psychological problem. He has kept himself in power by creating temporary alliances with those whom Lenin called "useful idiots" (no offence to Matt Mills intended). Reading the Journal piece with Chris Stokes this week, it reminds us that talking loyal rubbish to the press comes with the territory of being selected.
The beautiful game struggles on. All over the world, it has been harnessed and exploited by and for the few, not the many. Cooper is one of the flies noshing the sick body. Time for Blake, writer of the club anthem "Jerusalem" !

Echoes thoughts of so many. The normal local footie fan who just turns up at 3 to watch a match are no longer either wanted or cared for it seems. I知 just attending various different Stroud league matches and seem to be enjoying that more than attending TNL. Very sad to say.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #93 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 11:16:01 »

Todays League 2 fixtures of the top 9 sides, TBH I don't see too many slip ups on paper, but football is not played on paper as they say.

Swindon (WDWWW) home to 11th place FGR (DLLDL)
Crewe (WLWDD) home to bottom club Stevenage (LLLLL)
Plymouth (WDDLW) home to 2nd bottom Macclesfield (LLDLL)
Exeter (WWLDD) away at 15th place Walsall (LWDWD)
Cheltenham (WWWWW) home to 7th place Port Vale (WWWDD)
Northampton (LLWLW) home to 21st place Mansfield (DDLWL)
Colchester (WWLWL) away at 20th place Carlisle (DLDDW)
Bradford (DWLLW) away at 10th place Salford (DLWLW)

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 11:53:25 »

Mark Cooper not ingratiating himself with the FGR fans still.

Pretty much the polar opposite to us.

Imagine having a club managed by Cooper, owned by Vince and sole purpose for existing now is to be the marketing department of the owners company....
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 12:15:36 »

Todays League 2 fixtures of the top 9 sides, TBH I don't see too many slip ups on paper, but football is not played on paper as they say.

Swindon (WDWWW) home to 11th place FGR (DLLDL)
Crewe (WLWDD) home to bottom club Stevenage (LLLLL)
Plymouth (WDDLW) home to 2nd bottom Macclesfield (LLDLL)
Exeter (WWLDD) away at 15th place Walsall (LWDWD)
Cheltenham (WWWWW) home to 7th place Port Vale (WWWDD)
Northampton (LLWLW) home to 21st place Mansfield (DDLWL)
Colchester (WWLWL) away at 20th place Carlisle (DLDDW)
Bradford (DWLLW) away at 10th place Salford (DLWLW)

I see the form book working except for Exeter (D), Nam (D) & Bradford (D)
Peter Venkman

« Reply #96 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 12:20:55 »

Pretty much the polar opposite to us.

Imagine having a club managed by Cooper, owned by Vince and sole purpose for existing now is to be the marketing department of the owners company....
Absofuckinglutely this.

I see the form book working except for Exeter (D), Nam (D) & Bradford (D)
I Think every team in the top 8 will win other than Port Vale who I think will lose at 'Numb.

river monster

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 12:43:31 »

Mansfield are a funny one, although league position suggests not, it wouldn't be unthinkable for them to snatch something at cobblers..
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 12:50:31 »

For all his faults, Cooper did send out a side that liked to play it on the ground.  At times, the football was attractive too.

Looked shockingly downbeat and low on confidence in the video interview earlier.  Cooper's days are surely numbered.  A  big home win today might be being cruel to be kind but he has a long contract and it is surely for the best for both club and manager that they both "move on".

Would love a big win today.  With no Lyden and possibly no Grant, our resources on defensive midfielder options are becoming rather thin.  Not that Danny Rose is too shabby.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 12:53:17 »

Anyone else noticed the wind has suddenly got up! Well it is Saturday and football at the county ground wouldn't be the same without it!

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 13:11:27 »

In a beer garden in town, not windy here
Peter Venkman

« Reply #101 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 13:15:00 »

Anyone else noticed the wind has suddenly got up! Well it is Saturday and football at the county ground wouldn't be the same without it!
Curry for tea? Cheesy

I was thinking there could be a start today for Palmer in place of Grant if hes not fit, after the way Wellens was "bigging him up" yesterday in the Adver.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 13:17:34 »

I had meatballs and 6x last night. Going toe to toe with flash.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #103 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 13:20:57 »

I think today will be -

Benda
Caddis    REG    Broadbent    Fryers
           Rose/Grant/Palmer
      Doughty            DJ
Isgrove        Doyle        Yates

As it seems Grant may be out and its still too early for Hunt and Baudry today.

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 13:24:23 »

I think today will be -

Benda
Caddis    REG    Broadbent    Fryers
           Rose/Grant/Palmer
      Doughty            DJ
Isgrove        Doyle        Yates

As it seems Grant may be out and its still too early for Hunt and Baudry today.

Yes, got a feeling it'll be Rose if Grant isn't fit.

The wind's picking up but it's nothing like recent Saturdays. Would be nice to see 9000 there today.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: