Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Forest Green Rovers pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 72712 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, March 6, 2020, 10:40:16 »

Hard fought 2-0 with cooper starting his holibobs sooner that he might have wanted.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, March 6, 2020, 10:40:59 »

I will leave that one down to you then.

Nice one.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #62 on: Friday, March 6, 2020, 10:50:32 »

Very nice to see a couple of very old mates of mine on BBC breakfast local news this morning about their 30 years of continuous following of every Swindon game. Derek Elston and Rob Hartley. Both well known to many TEF'ers. Derek based in Northampton and Rob who often does commentaries on BBC Swindon for away games.

I understand the feature is to be broadcast later on BBC Points West too.

They are both closely followed by Jason Haines who I think is on 992 consecutive Town matches, although he is not on the BBC feature he is often on Channels 5's documentary series "Paddington Station 24/7" in which he is one of the head controllers at the Swindon signalling centre.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, March 6, 2020, 10:59:05 »

FGR are clearly in a bad run, which in recent years would have worried me as awe have been the unwitting catalyst for the end of a few winless runs in that time. However, as we’ve seen already, this Swindon side has generally been more effective in winning even when we haven’t played at our best.
FGR don’t score many (apart from in the odd game) which also brings cause for some optimism, as we Create chances and have goalscorers in our team. A reasonable weather outlook too, so hopefully no wind tunnel issues.
Should be a Swindon win, 2-0 again.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, March 6, 2020, 11:10:57 »

A reasonable weather outlook too, so hopefully no wind tunnel issues.

30 mph gusts by ko time and through the game.... so not exactly still.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, March 6, 2020, 11:20:54 »

Very nice to see a couple of very old mates of mine on BBC breakfast local news this morning about their 30 years of continuous following of every Swindon game. Derek Elston and Rob Hartley. Both well known to many TEF'ers. Derek based in Northampton and Rob who often does commentaries on BBC Swindon for away games.

They are both closely followed by Jason Haines who I think is on 992 consecutive Town matches, although he is not on the BBC feature he is often on Channels 5's documentary series "Paddington Station 24/7" in which he is one of the head controllers at the Swindon signalling centre.

They didn't interview Football Phil then?  Cheesy

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Peter Venkman

« Reply #66 on: Friday, March 6, 2020, 11:25:38 »

They didn't interview Football Phil then?  Cheesy
I don't think Phootball Phil has managed 1 season of actually going to every game let alone 30 season!

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, March 6, 2020, 11:29:18 »

I don't think Phootball Phil has managed 1 season of actually going to every game let alone 30 season!

He seemed to be a every away game in the 90's but not so many now fortunately.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Flashheart

« Reply #68 on: Friday, March 6, 2020, 11:30:17 »

Isn't he banned?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #69 on: Friday, March 6, 2020, 11:31:22 »

Isn't he banned?
I understand that he is for abusing a disabled supporter.

Which is a bit like Stevie Wonder calling Ray Charles a blind bastard.

JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #70 on: Friday, March 6, 2020, 11:31:33 »

Hi All
Just wanted to make you all aware that there is something special occurring at the game tomorrow against FGR. Have a look at the TrustSTFC website (link below), for details, but we have Tifo's, flags in the DRS and Town end, and asking all Arkells stand fans to bring their scarves and all this will occur when the players come out, should be amazing and really help cheer on the team to a win :-)
https://truststfc.tv/colour-the-cg-red-and-white-for-the-fgr-game/
thanks.
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, March 6, 2020, 11:33:14 »

An interview with Football Phil could easily turn into a mini-series. Bit repetitive but compulsive viewing nevertheless
Peter Venkman

« Reply #72 on: Friday, March 6, 2020, 11:36:52 »

An interview with Football Phil could easily turn into a mini-series. Bit repetitive but compulsive difficult viewing nevertheless
Corrected.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, March 6, 2020, 12:21:37 »

An interview with Football Phil could easily turn into a mini-series. Bit repetitive but compulsive viewing nevertheless
You mean a bit like 'This Country' ?? !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, March 6, 2020, 21:16:33 »

Not much chance of showing on Points brizzle as they would rather show a re run of the glory days.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: