Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Forest Green Rovers pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 73290 times)
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 18:59:09 »

Same ref as Northampton home game.

Useless cunt.

Aaaaand there we go. Fucking choke artist cunt deserves to be hung. Zero control over that game.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 18:59:34 »

We were shit today but on another day those fucking woodwork efforts go in and we're all talking about a wonder strike from Yates.

One thing to consider, we have been playing in only 1st/2nd gear for several weeks now but still managing to get results.

Today it didn't click and with that, it gave FVR an opportunity (or two) to unpick us. I still stand by that had one of those chances gone in, FVR would've wobbled/changed their strategy and we would've gone on to win. That's why I said it at HT but today there wasn't even luck on our side.

Who the fuck switched off the wind tunnel? I blame "Beardy Blue Vest" in the Town End!

On we go. At least we kind of afforded ourselves a loss and that may have made us a little complacenct. This loss may well turn out to be a "good" thing. To refocus on the task and we still have a G-i-H.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 18:59:45 »

Not a great result but hardly the end of the world. Plenty of knobs in the TE offering dubious tactical advice.

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 19:01:49 »

Aaaaand there we go. Fucking choke artist cunt deserves to be hung. Zero control over that game.

That's a little fucking extreme. Put the beer down and control yourself.

'Incessant Nonsense'

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 19:20:10 »

The ref was dogshit but that's the worst I've seen us play this season. Let's kick on.
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 19:20:44 »

Awful ref. Lost my rag with him. FGR kept to the plan and we didn't move the ball quickly enough. We will be Championship in four years (please) and they will be a something just off the M5. Enjoy your evening.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 19:33:39 »

We were pretty crap today. But it's the first home game we've lost since September. We've won 4 and drawn 1 of the last 6, so 13 pts out of a possible 18, slightly better than 2pts per game. Promotion form. Said before and I'll say it again, all the top 5 sides will drop points between now and the end of the season. Today was our turn. And Exeter's. Again. I'd rather have our form than theirs over the last 6 games. We have more than enough about us to secure promotion.

So while it's always annoying to drop points against FGR, we will be back in League One next season while they have another season of flattering to deceive in this shit league with an early hint at play-offs/promotion before they bottle it back down to midtable again. Enjoy.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 19:36:15 »

Why don't we seem to have the balls for derbies or cup games? Don't want to be a doom merchant but a shit run now would be catastrophic

10 games to go.... it now starts to get difficult,as you can't just conjure up wins on a whim. 4 home 6 away.  Of the 4 home games.... Numb we know about, Crawley are hard to beat get a lot of draws and Salford are like FGR better on the road than at home. Orient probably presents a good opportunity. We'll need to cash in on the 4 away at the sides with dodgy home records..... Oldham who are up next aren't the worst at home, and probably still have a terrible pitch.

Still in the mix but a very long way from a done deal.... prepare to fret.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 19:53:28 »

10 games to go.... it now starts to get difficult,as you can't just conjure up wins on a whim. 4 home 6 away.  Of the 4 home games.... Numb we know about, Crawley are hard to beat get a lot of draws and Salford are like FGR better on the road than at home. Orient probably presents a good opportunity. We'll need to cash in on the 4 away at the sides with dodgy home records..... Oldham who are up next aren't the worst at home, and probably still have a terrible pitch.

Still in the mix but a very long way from a done deal.... prepare to fret.
Or maybe, just maybe, we had a bit of an off day today. You know, like all teams do. We're still in best form of the top four. 4 points clear of 4th, with a game in hand and despite your panting predictions of doom, we actually have the easiest run-in of all the top 5 (not easy, but easier than the others). So maybe some small glimmers of hope among the despair.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 20:06:37 »

Not worried in the slightest.

Nothing to see here
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 20:07:37 »

The irritating thing is we still seem to be in the mix rather than edging away. I hope we don't fuck this up.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 20:33:37 »

Or maybe, just maybe, we had a bit of an off day today. You know, like all teams do. We're still in best form of the top four. 4 points clear of 4th, with a game in hand and despite your panting predictions of doom, we actually have the easiest run-in of all the top 5 (not easy, but easier than the others). So maybe some small glimmers of hope among the despair.

You do know we can't finish any lower than 20th now. I'm off out to celebrate maintaining our Football League status and very likely to have our highest League Two (Div 4) finishing position since PdC. I'm really surprised Reg isn't out necking rows of Pernod & Black at this incredible double?!  Hmmm

Make mine a double  Pint  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 20:44:42 »

I’m spending too much time on Twitter, read this and was looking for the ‘Like’ button
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 20:44:56 »

Will be interesting to see how Crewe handle the pressure of being top having chased us for a few weeks. Now they are top it's a different pressure and away to Mansfield and Colchester the next two games.

You can get these results at this time of year. 2009/10 Bristol Rovers beat us 4-1 at home all with counter attack goals in the middle of a decent run of form. Last season we won 3-1 at Bury when our season looked dead.

I think FGR had the advantage of not playing for two weeks and us playing Tuesday night. That allowed them to press us all over the pitch and the goals came at the right time to let them drop back late on.

Be interesting with the top 3 having back to back away games Sa. Plymouth have the long trip to Morecambe and then Leyton Orient on the Tuesday.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Saturday, March 7, 2020, 21:26:50 »

A difficult watch today - it felt like “one of those days” at half time - no matter what we did we wouldn’t have scored.
In terms of play, chances etc we could easily have won the game - FGR scored with their first attack, which gave them something to hang on to, and similar in second half.
Yates should have scored before half time, and on another day either of the efforts hitting the woodwork would have gone in. The penalty decision was ridiculous - the ref bottled the big decisions today - the foul on Doyle, and  the assault on Anderson ought to have brought a red. His inability to deal with ridiculous time wasting - allowing players to feign injury to break up play and they sprint on immediately, and the Grant / their No 19 throw in issue were the worst examples. Very poor referee.
Hunt was our best player IMO. Too many of our forward /midfield players were slightly off the pace.
I agree with RW’s post match thoughts - we just need to win the next couple of games.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: