Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who would want to be a football steward  (Read 4447 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 14:19:16 »

Smiley

Flashheart

« Reply #16 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 14:23:52 »

You'd think they could have turned the sprinklers off for them.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, March 2, 2020, 15:05:48 »

Yeah I did all those games too and never had any problems like you had, I was planted on the front gate of the Town End for all my time pretty much. The only real time we had issues was Millwall in the LC when all the 'Wall stewards came down as "spotters" and located all the trouble makers, but they wouldn't go in and get them out...no "my job aint worth the hassle of that mate" was the reply I got.

And the wall of Lids fans all storming down towards the Town End in the final game of the Prem season, yet they were all really decent and there was no trouble at all.

As Berni says the worst were Scousers and Mancs, more so for the amount of pickpocketing going on. All 4 teams fans as bad as each others.

I used to do the away turnstiles before the game outside the ground and then 10 mins into the game got moved to wherever i was needed, hence my comment about the scousers..  they were all trying to jump turnstiles or go in 2 at a time, got a little spicy when we started pulling them back out until the old bill turned up..

Being a spare steward from 10 mins in meant that I got moved around to some decent standpoints where needed depending on the game, sometimes on the tunnel, sometimes sat in front of the shrivvy road end.  I remember for the Liverpool game on Monday night live Sky (we got spanked 5-0?) i was put into the Shrivvy road end with the fans, so basically paid to stand with my mates Smiley

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: