Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rum  (Read 7032 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #15 on: Friday, June 19, 2020, 12:38:00 »

Definitely a grey area if you support BLM..... the history of rum was closely connected to the triangular trade.
Toblerone?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, June 19, 2020, 12:42:00 »

Chubbs will like  Smiley
Yeah, that's fine with me.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, June 19, 2020, 18:15:32 »

Definitely a grey area if you support BLM..... the history of rum was closely connected to the triangular trade.

The Caribbean is doing rather well from it now I think you’ll find. No defending slavery at all but I wonder how long it would have taken the world to discover rum if it hadn’t been for the barrels of molasses fermenting on their way back to the U.K.? Every cloud has a silver lining even though it may be unpalatable. I see the Egyptians are rather worried about the slaves (mainly black Africans) who built the pyramids 🤔
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, June 19, 2020, 18:50:08 »

There is a new ‘fad’ out. Pineapple rum. It is mixed with lemonade. It is superb in the sun. DMF do one, but my favourite is pull the pin. I would also recommend both Salford rums. The white bottle is ceramic and a great bottle to keep.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, June 20, 2020, 01:19:31 »

...but I wonder how long it would have taken the world to discover rum if it hadn’t been for the barrels of molasses fermenting on their way back to the U.K.?

That really is a moot point LL. You're proclaiming that had the "Empire" not brought molasses back to the U.K, then the World would not have discovered the joys of rum for a lot longer. It reads like some propaganda Kitchener would be slathered all over: 'Join the Navy and get d rum now! You'd be murd not to! Britain needs alcoholics!'

I'm pretty sure the Cypriots would have a say in the matter?  Hmmm But for the sake of (as you seem to think it is the only one in existence) Caribbean Rum as I believe that is the "rum" you mean...my Grandfather always told me it originated in Brazil. Well the process of it.

Your statement saying it was discovered, whilst the molasses fermented on their way back to Blighty is complete fantasy. It was being mass produced in the sugar plantations much before any ships took it back. No doubt, if the Brazil theory is accurate it would have been present across much of the Americas already and no doubt a Mediterranean version was already rife across much of Southern Europe.

But don't let that cloud your judgement.

Did you drink it Chubbs?  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, June 20, 2020, 15:53:24 »

Kraken and coke is good
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, June 21, 2020, 10:57:02 »

That really is a moot point LL. You're proclaiming that had the "Empire" not brought molasses back to the U.K, then the World would not have discovered the joys of rum for a lot longer. It reads like some propaganda Kitchener would be slathered all over: 'Join the Navy and get d rum now! You'd be murd not to! Britain needs alcoholics!'

I'm pretty sure the Cypriots would have a say in the matter?  Hmmm But for the sake of (as you seem to think it is the only one in existence) Caribbean Rum as I believe that is the "rum" you mean...my Grandfather always told me it originated in Brazil. Well the process of it.

Your statement saying it was discovered, whilst the molasses fermented on their way back to Blighty is complete fantasy. It was being mass produced in the sugar plantations much before any ships took it back. No doubt, if the Brazil theory is accurate it would have been present across much of the Americas already and no doubt a Mediterranean version was already rife across much of Southern Europe.

But don't let that cloud your judgement.

Did you drink it Chubbs?  Pint
No tried it yet, I'm still working on another bottle at the moment. Don't like having too many open at once as im not a massive drinker these days.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, June 21, 2020, 10:58:01 »

Kraken and coke is good
Cant really go wrong with that. I'm partial to a spiced rum and ginger ale/beer. Not too many as too much ginger gives me afterburn.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, June 21, 2020, 18:21:45 »

Kraken and coke is good

Better with Dr Pepper.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, June 21, 2020, 18:44:01 »

Kraken neat, can't believe you'd want a mixer  No
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 15:32:39 »

Bought the new Brewdog rum yesterday. Tis ok. Got bit of a flowery taste.

Drinkable, but wouldn't buy it again.

Panda Paws

« Reply #26 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 16:14:43 »

Kraken is grim. Don't understand spiced rum at all.

Rum sour has been my drink of choice in lockdown. Polished a bottle of Neptune rum and on a new bottle ban until the cupboard's empty so seen off a Wray & Nephew's too.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: