Pages: 1 ... 513 514 515 [516] 517 518 519 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188266 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7725 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2021, 13:27:13 »

We need more people like this fella  Smiley

Hunk

« Reply #7726 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2021, 15:46:32 »

We need more people like this fella  Smiley

I’m sure all of us litter at times. But I don’t understand how you can be so brazen about it with a queue of traffic behind you. Strange mindset
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #7727 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2021, 18:41:02 »

I’m sure all of us litter at times. But I don’t understand how you can be so brazen about it with a queue of traffic behind you. Strange mindset
Indeed. Totally disgraceful. I like the way the passenger strolls out into the road with his phone, even though there is a lorry coming the other way!
Panda Paws

« Reply #7728 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 08:50:28 »

The litter is a disgrace, but nothing new.

Other than that, we've locked up our young people for the majority of the last year with a completely unknown impact on them as a generation. It's no surprise they're grasping every given opportunity to reconnect with people.

We've had next to zero civil unrest caused by the lockdown, unlike many of our neighbours. Litter aside, I'm really not sure these kids are doing that much wrong at all, realistically.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7729 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 09:20:19 »

The litter is a disgrace, but nothing new.

Other than that, we\'ve locked up our young people for the majority of the last year with a completely unknown impact on them as a generation. It\'s no surprise they\'re grasping every given opportunity to reconnect with people.

We\'ve had next to zero civil unrest caused by the lockdown, unlike many of our neighbours. Litter aside, I\'m really not sure these kids are doing that much wrong at all, realistically.

It bloody is round here/in the lakes. Littering and fly tipping has gone through the roof since lock downs started last year, god only knows why but there has been a noticeable upturn.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7730 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 09:27:05 »

It bloody is round here/in the lakes. Littering and fly tipping has gone through the roof since lock downs started last year, god only knows why but there has been a noticeable upturn.
Same down here in deepest Somerset/Devon, fly tipping as gone mental in a lot of rural areas, often just dumped in the middle of roads with no care to anyone else at all, not even on the side of the roads.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #7731 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 09:36:49 »

Same down here in deepest Somerset/Devon, fly tipping as gone mental in a lot of rural areas, often just dumped in the middle of roads with no care to anyone else at all, not even on the side of the roads.

List a place anywhere in the countryside and fly tipping has gone up massively.

Really? Never before. That comes across as you have littered but never when there is a chance of being caught. Just can't understand the concept of dropping something on the floor instead of finding or waiting for a bin. Winds me up no end and every time the verges get cut back you can see the amount of rubbish is disgusting.
i blame townies.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7732 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 11:16:28 »

I went up into the Malvern Hills yesterday for and it was very busy but in the surrounding areas like Gloucester, the Cotswolds and Tewkesbury cases are right down into the low teens per 100,000 and hospitals are pretty much absent of Covid cases now so people should be out enjoying the sunshine as it will do wonders for mental health.

Despite trying to keep fit during the lockdown walking up the hills made me realise how much my general fitness has dropped off and I would imagine it will be even worse for a lot of people. Thankfully back to playing football next week so that should help!
Hunk

« Reply #7733 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 11:23:54 »

Really? Never before. That comes across as you have littered but never when there is a chance of being caught. Just can't understand the concept of dropping something on the floor instead of finding or waiting for a bin. Winds me up no end and every time the verges get cut back you can see the amount of rubbish is disgusting.
i blame townies.

I've never littered as an adult, and not for fear of getting caught but because, like you, I think its disgusting. Was less conscientious as a kid, however, and I'm sure I must have done it then.
Hunk

« Reply #7734 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 11:26:12 »

i blame townies.

Having looked again, my first post should have said 'I'm sure we HAVE all littered at times'. Didn't mean to imply I still do
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #7735 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 11:26:57 »

I went up into the Malvern Hills yesterday for and it was very busy but in the surrounding areas like Gloucester, the Cotswolds and Tewkesbury cases are right down into the low teens per 100,000 and hospitals are pretty much absent of Covid cases now so people should be out enjoying the sunshine as it will do wonders for mental health.

Despite trying to keep fit during the lockdown walking up the hills made me realise how much my general fitness has dropped off and I would imagine it will be even worse for a lot of people. Thankfully back to playing football next week so that should help!

Time for people to look forward now and start living life again rather than just existing

I had an afternoon round of golf yesterday followed by 5-a-side last night.  I can’t move today but Christ it was worth it, now just over 2 weeks until proper pints can be sunk again
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #7736 on: Thursday, April 1, 2021, 21:41:13 »

Having looked again, my first post should have said 'I'm sure we HAVE all littered at times'. Didn't mean to imply I still do

All kids littered in the 70s and 80s as I recall it. These things are generational I think. I try and remember what an absolute little cunt I was when I get wound up by the thoughtlessness of teenagers now. And most of the ones I know deep down a re good kids, they have it much tougher than I did. Cut them some slack and get some furloughed
workers out with the bin bags I say.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7737 on: Thursday, April 1, 2021, 22:30:16 »

All kids littered in the 70s and 80s as I recall it. These things are generational I think. I try and remember what an absolute little cunt I was when I get wound up by the thoughtlessness of teenagers now. And most of the ones I know deep down a re good kids, they have it much tougher than I did. Cut them some slack and get some furloughed
workers out with the bin bags I say.

Did they?! I think this generalisation of an attitude to such a topic is quite inaccurate. I'm pretty certain some didn't litter and not intentionally. There is a difference. If you're having a picnic or eating sweets on a park bench and your wrapper blows away, it's not intentional. If you chuck it on the ground like an ignorant little cunt then of course it is.

I'm with SingingIffy in that I have never knowingly littered intentionally - always looked for a bin and if not it stayed in my pocket or bag. It's probably more linked to people that are considered "townies" and don't give a fuck, so the attitude is probably generational in that sense but then the term "townie" didn't really exist then. Bokker and scrubber did - which if you littered back then (and I'm thinking of people mostly my Aunts  and Uncles age) you'd get called one of them - or a tramp. Something derogatory anyway.

BO touched on a good point about bottle returns though and although I'm only a tad younger than he, we still had the odd bottle return but also had "Al-Can" which you could take to the supermarket and get paid back for all the aluminium pop cans. Also still had milk collected/delivered in bottles too. These things tended to die out in the late 90s almost full term.

Maybe the bottle return/al can etc should literally return or at least be more prominent to kids etc. If they knew they could get a bit of money maybe that would reduce the littering?

Then again, when you can sell a bit of weed and get a fiver out of it, why the fuck would these kids want to go round collecting 100+ bottles for about £2.65? It's sad, in some way because the concept is great. Mind you, there shouldn't be an incentive for not littering.

Those chewing gum "signposts" that you see in some places are quite good mind.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7738 on: Thursday, April 1, 2021, 22:50:31 »

I grew up in the 70s and 80s, I didn't litter. Perhaps a little respect for the World should be on the curriculum.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7739 on: Thursday, April 1, 2021, 23:27:52 »

Same here although the only litter I remember seeing in the late 70's was bog rolls being chucked on the pitch from the Town end!

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 515 [516] 517 518 519 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: