Pages: 1 ... 497 498 499 [500] 501 502 503 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188248 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #7485 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 12:31:16 »

She's a nasty, selfish piece of work.
Panda Paws

« Reply #7486 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 12:31:59 »

That doesn't make sense.

I don't have to 'hide away' from it. I'm not even in Britain. But I still think it is wrong to open too soon (if it is too soon). And I think that because I really don't think having hospitals near breaking point is a good thing.

Some people 'hiding away' won't change that. People 'hiding away' won't stop cases surging again of the virus is still at large. The general public overall will still be out mingling and many won't have any choice in the matter even if the did want to 'hide away'. This is why lockdowns have to be ordered at ll.

It's fine that we see things differently. I don't understand how we can wait until every single person is comfortable with every single decision and loosening.

All of the releases are dependant on the direction of travel being positive. Every major KPI is coming down. What more can they do, or what should they be waiting for?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7487 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 12:33:00 »

I don't even need to look at that link, that's Julia Brewers-Droop isn't it?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #7488 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 12:34:18 »

Every major KPI is coming down.

And they are coming down because?... 

I know the vaccine is being rolled out, but that's not the only factor.
Flashheart

« Reply #7489 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 12:34:34 »

I don't even need to look at that link, that's Julia Brewers-Droop isn't it?

Indeed it is.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7490 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 12:36:36 »

Indeed it is.

What's she saying now, or just the old anti-lockdown rhetoric?

Ironic that she doesn't like wearing a mask given she has a face like a badly melted wellington boot.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7491 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 12:36:53 »

Mainly based on the fact that the last time the kids went back to school, cases and deaths absolutely sky rocketed. Combine that with a relaxation in the latter stages of March and you've, potentially, got a recipe for disaster. If it follows a similar trend to last time, which it probably will but to a lesser degree thanks to the vaccinations, then can you honestly see the 2nd & 3rd steps being on time? It won't happen, and my fear is that if it does, the consequences will be grave. A two week delay in each step pushes that 21st June back quite a lot.

Struggling a bit with the logic of "two people can meet outdoors if they stay 2m apart" being alongside "putting thirty children from different households in a room with adults who probably haven't been vaccinated yet" I don't understand why suggesting vaccinating school staff over the next 3 weeks seems to lead to so much pearl clutching!

Problem is a hell of a lot agree with her and think that getting through this is a matter of personal opinion and consideration rather than realising that the only way we get through is to work together.  
Panda Paws

« Reply #7492 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 12:37:45 »

Because...

I know the vaccine is being rolled out, but that's not the only factor.

Of course it's primarily because of lockdown. It doesn't mean we shouldn't be thinking about what's next. The vaccines are starting to impact, and their impact will only increase as numbers increase. Every early signal suggests the vaccines are working even more positively than hoped.

What's the alternative, and at what cost? How long do we wait?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7493 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 12:37:54 »

What's she saying now, or just the old anti-lockdown rhetoric?

Ironic that she doesn't like wearing a mask given she has a face like a badly melted wellington boot.

Sian Griffiths, emeritus professor of biology, says the wearing of face masks is likely to still be in place after June 21.

Julia disagrees: "Once you've had the vaccine what the hell has got to do with me to protect your public health wearing a mask?"
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #7494 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 12:39:50 »

Struggling a bit with the logic of "two people can meet outdoors if they stay 2m apart" being alongside "putting thirty children from different households in a room with adults who probably haven't been vaccinated yet" I don't understand why suggesting vaccinating school staff over the next 3 weeks seems to lead to so much pearl clutching!

And this is my main problem with the dates. If they waited an extra month, two months to send the kids back so that the teachers could be vaccinated then I'd think the dates were more realistic and I'd feel a lot more positive about it.

By Christmas, 50% of my fiancées school (staff and pupils) were self isolating. The virus spread in the surrounding areas of the school rapidly as well.
Flashheart

« Reply #7495 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 12:40:47 »

What's the alternative, and at what cost? How long do we wait?

I don't know.

But the facts are quite straightforward. Open up too soon again and a lot (more) people will die unnecessarily. And telling people to 'hide away' is not a solution.
Panda Paws

« Reply #7496 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 12:43:36 »

I don't know.

But the facts are quite straightforward. Open up too soon again and a lot (more) people will die unnecessarily. And telling people to 'hide away' is not a solution.

I accept my comment that people should "hide away" wasn't the smartest. Apologies.

I guess there'll always be people who think it's too soon. There'll always be people who think it's too slow as well. And there'll always be cunts like that troll re masks.

I'm just not sure what more this current plan could have considered - lots of caveats, lots of opportunity to slow down but also lots of cause for optimism and lots of forewarning if things go as currently predicted.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7497 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 12:45:06 »

I don't disagree with him, but herein lies the problem.

Johnson says one thing and then a little over 12 hours later Hancock says something contrary.

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/lockdown-rules-easing-boris-johnson-roadmap-covid-rules-matt-hancock-883946
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7498 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 12:48:12 »

well no, the dates Johnson gave were 'at the earliest'. so naturally it could be slower
Panda Paws

« Reply #7499 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 12:49:28 »

I don't disagree with him, but herein lies the problem.

Johnson says one thing and then a little over 12 hours later Hancock says something contrary.

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/lockdown-rules-easing-boris-johnson-roadmap-covid-rules-matt-hancock-883946

The plan BJ clearly outlined was that it could go slower at any point.

All dates are "no earlier than". It's the media's reporting that's the issue; PUBS OPEN MAY 17TH! No, if things go to plan, pubs will open May 17th at the earliest.
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 499 [500] 501 502 503 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: