Pages: 1 ... 467 468 469 [470] 471 472 473 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188763 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7035 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 13:19:25 »

Out of interest, do all countries record covid related deaths the same as the UK?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7036 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 13:26:27 »

Out of interest, do all countries record covid related deaths the same as the UK?

No - subtle variations do exist.  It's why Excess Deaths is the go to number when analysing the impact.  That's no different to Flu each year - it's tough to actually record the virus as the cause of death because it tends to cause something else that actually kills you, but is is most likely Covid triggered the immune response which aggravated or caused something else - example, lots of people actually die of Pneumonia contracted directly because they got Covid/Flu.
Flashheart

« Reply #7037 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 13:31:49 »

lots of people actually die of Pneumonia contracted directly because they got Covid/Flu.

Which a lot of the conspiracy theorists use as *proof* that it's 'all a load of bollocks'.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #7038 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 17:47:03 »

Home Secretary, Priti Patel explaining that the stay at home rules are very clear. Apparently you can leave home for recreation, I know she meant exercise but she’s just said recreation at the daily briefing and there’s going to be plenty of idiots trotting that out as an excuse for flouting the rules
normy

Ignore
« Reply #7039 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 09:54:50 »

My missus works with this consultant in GWH.

Swindon Borough Council is sharing a COVID-19 Update.
YestisgtsdeSrdspihoaiohyns aauot flr8:eo2Sc2u sAseMd  ·
"I'm aware that some people have suggested that hospitals are not that busy and that COVID-19 is not such a bad illness. I'm here to tell you that this is not true.
"We are rapidly getting busier and that is because we are seeing lots of patients with severe COVID-19, some of whom will sadly die from this condition."
Coronavirus is spreading fast in Swindon and staff like Mark Juniper, Respiratory Consultant at the Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust are treating more patients than at any point in the pandemic. Now more than ever, they need our support to stop the spread of the virus in Swindon and help reduce the pressure on our hospital.
It's up to all of us to stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives.
Let's do it for our GWH 💙

ust be the oldest
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7040 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 10:17:08 »

In the early 20th Century Spanish Flu infected 500m people worldwide with 50m deaths. Obviously the world population was much lower then. No vaccinations available so everybody took their chance. Spanish Flu, unchecked, took 2 years to disappear.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7041 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 10:44:31 »

Old man had his first (pfizer) jab this morning, next one scheduled for around about 12th April. That's a relief, just need his other half to be done, but as she is under 80 she will have to wait a while.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #7042 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 10:47:59 »

My missus works with this consultant in GWH.

Swindon Borough Council is sharing a COVID-19 Update.
YestisgtsdeSrdspihoaiohyns aauot flr8:eo2Sc2u sAseMd  ·
"I'm aware that some people have suggested that hospitals are not that busy and that COVID-19 is not such a bad illness. I'm here to tell you that this is not true.
"We are rapidly getting busier and that is because we are seeing lots of patients with severe COVID-19, some of whom will sadly die from this condition."
Coronavirus is spreading fast in Swindon and staff like Mark Juniper, Respiratory Consultant at the Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust are treating more patients than at any point in the pandemic. Now more than ever, they need our support to stop the spread of the virus in Swindon and help reduce the pressure on our hospital.
It's up to all of us to stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives.
Let's do it for our GWH 💙

The whole 4th floor is full of Covid patients. The childrens ward is full of covid infected Children. An 8 year old, with no underlying health conditions, passed away last week. So sad.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #7043 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 13:09:00 »

GWH has declared a major incident now. Hospital is too busy, can't get patients in to A&E fast enough.

Stay safe everyone.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7044 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 13:29:21 »

Quote from: jayohaitchenn
GWH has declared a major incident now. Hospital is too busy, can't get patients in to A&E fast enough.

Stay safe everyone.

jeez
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7045 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 13:40:26 »

In the early 20th Century Spanish Flu infected 500m people worldwide with 50m deaths. Obviously the world population was much lower then. No vaccinations available so everybody took their chance. Spanish Flu, unchecked, took 2 years to disappear.

Pretty sure it never left us, just became less lethal and endemic as it was allowed to move throughout the world relatively unchecked.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #7046 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 13:49:20 »

The country is fucked. Pure and simple.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7047 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 13:55:35 »

the Spanish flu, unchecked, was much less transmissable than covid19, unchecked, let alone the new variant. not sure if that makes i covid slower or quicker to get rid of naturally, thank bugger for the vaccine (crossed fingers)

mortality rate was higher with Spanish flu though. You'd hope 100 years of medical advancement would have the effect of being to help more these days
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7048 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 14:12:41 »

the Spanish flu, unchecked, was much less transmissable than covid19, unchecked, let alone the new variant. not sure if that makes i covid slower or quicker to get rid of naturally, thank bugger for the vaccine (crossed fingers)

mortality rate was higher with Spanish flu though. You'd hope 100 years of medical advancement would have the effect of being to help more these days

There was also the Hong Kong Flu outbreak in 1968-70 which apparently killed 80,000 in the UK, I must confess I had never heard of that until it came up in relation to something else the other week. I assume some on here remember it as they lived through it?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7049 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 14:30:37 »

I'd never heard of it either

seems it was far more deadly for the u65 than covid is too
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 469 [470] 471 472 473 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: