Pages: 1 ... 465 466 467 [468] 469 470 471 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188808 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7005 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 16:17:09 »

I'd imagine they throw everything onto the table. most of which will be dismissed .

the cynic in me says they are leaking the contents of said table to try and scare the public into doing what they should be doing
Yup. Which in and of itself isn't a bad idea. But without a properly functioning Track and Trace system and proper support (both financial and practical) for people who need to self-isolate, they can scaremonger, blame and threaten all they like but it's going to keep getting worse.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7006 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 16:20:02 »

Well there you go, Supermarket sticks head above parapet....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55618408

The only way that can truly work is if the exempt are given a "pass" or "card" that they can show physically or digitally, that allows them in sans mask. Otherwise, just allowing someone to claim 'oh I'm medically exempt' won't work.

Most of us like to think everyone will use integrity and courtesy towards others but we know that unfortunately, others will attempt to bend or even break any rules without a concern for others.

FWIW though, I do think in the main, people do wear masks in shops and have largely adhered to it. There are always some but I also can't speak nationally - only on what I have seen with my own eyes (not ears this time).

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'

Ignore
« Reply #7007 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 16:30:12 »

Liking Morrisons stance. Should come from government though. Those I've not seen wearing them have tended to be couples with kids in tow. Wayne and Waynetta slob types. Should be no exceptions in any shop/enclosed area I would say. If you can't breathe with a mask on then it's probably not advisable to be out is it? Considering how the virus attacks the lungs.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7008 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 16:31:10 »

Compulsory hand sanitising should be happening too.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7009 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 16:34:12 »

Lidl won’t  let my 3 year old grandson in without a mask.

Everyone has to wear one outside - wherever you are or going.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7010 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 16:34:49 »

Liking Morrisons stance. Should come from government though.
TBF the government have made it law that you must wear a facemask in shops unless medically exempt so it has come from govt. Where they could play a role is perhaps in asking/requiring shops to enforce the law
Panda Paws

« Reply #7011 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 16:40:09 »

TBF the government have made it law that you must wear a facemask in shops unless medically exempt so it has come from govt. Where they could play a role is perhaps in asking/requiring shops to enforce the law

Not sure shops should be asked to enforce. What does that mean at a human level for staff? If they want it policed, get the police to do it or pay private security firms.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7012 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 16:50:42 »

Not sure shops should be asked to enforce. What does that mean at a human level for staff? If they want it policed, get the police to do it or pay private security firms.

Would you expect a member of staff to refuse you entry if you rocked up balls a dangling freely as you'd decided to leave your pants and trousers at home?
Panda Paws

« Reply #7013 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 16:56:29 »

Would you expect a member of staff to refuse you entry if you rocked up balls a dangling freely as you'd decided to leave your pants and trousers at home?

Not sure that's comparable. Fair to says those who think they shouldn't wear a mask are probably likely to be less than compliant when Doris the checkout girl asks, and often not too polite with it.

In lockdown 1 my local waitrose outsourced to a private security Co. It worked well.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7014 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 20:58:34 »

I'm filling out the form to volunteer for St. John's Ambulance with the vaccine rollout (just stewarding and making coffee and the like, not actually wielding needles). I get the need to background check people and check commitment, but there's an actual full application form including a CV, three professional references and a personal statement. I've literally got paid jobs on the back of less than this. That can't possibly make sense in a national emergency where they need support urgently, can it?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7015 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 21:02:14 »

I would imagine it's just a "standard" recruitment form. If unsure give them a call and see if there are any bits you can just mark as n/a.

If it were myself, personally I would just input what I feel is most relevant and not worry too much. If there is anything they absolutely need, they'll let you know for sure.

More importantly, good on you mate. Honourable  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7016 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 22:24:28 »

Not sure that's comparable. Fair to says those who think they shouldn't wear a mask are probably likely to be less than compliant when Doris the checkout girl asks, and often not too polite with it.

In lockdown 1 my local waitrose outsourced to a private security Co. It worked well.
No-one said anything about asking "Doris the checkout girl" to enforce it. All the supermakets have security staff, stick them on the door instead of the regular staff as they do now. Which is precisely what Morrisons and Sainsburys have said they will be doing. Really don't see the problem here.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7017 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 10:11:38 »

Is this really going to help.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-55625276
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7018 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 10:14:03 »

Is this really going to help.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-55625276
No, it's utterly stupid "journalism"
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #7019 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 10:19:42 »

I don't really get the medically exempt thing. Surely if you absolutely cannot wear a mask then the last thing you should be doing is going to a shop full of people?
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 467 [468] 469 470 471 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: