Pages: 1 ... 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188520 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6090 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 12:32:57 »

I walk two hours a day whatever the weather, but I also lift at the gym 5-6 days a week at the moment. Cannot replicate that at home.

My wife and I live a simple life, but we're really tight with her family. I've already said I don't plan on complying and not seeing her parents if they agree. The impact it has on them, our nephew and my dad (who lives on his own) is huge.

We've followed every rule so far but in my opinion another complete lockdown will cause more harm than good. People don't want to kill their family. They don't want to get ill. Let people be responsible for their own actions and risk.
You won’t be alone, there will be significantly less compliance and more dissent this time round. You just need to see the protests around the rest of Europe to see what’s coming. I won’t openly flout the rules but within reason I’ll still do what’s right for me, if this drags into Christmas I will be going to my parents on Christmas Day whatever the rules say and many will do the same I’m sure.
Panda Paws

« Reply #6091 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 13:15:50 »

Yes, I do wonder if we'll see civil unrest on the back of today's announcements, particularly among the yoof. Plenty of it in Europe and the US.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #6092 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 13:17:29 »

Sorry guys - But this is the problem that we face. Happy for rules to be followed by others but they don't apply to me!

My parents are in their 80s - Absolutely no way am I going to visit them having mixed with all an sundry as a key worker and having 1 student in the house (with a GF at uni), a second student currently locked down in Wales and a 3rd adult in the house who travels to 2 different cities when he has to!

Telephones, laptops, ipads providing regular contact with my parents is how we'll spend Christmas.

But thanks to those who are above following the rules, I guess I'd better plan the same for next Christmas too!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6093 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 13:23:31 »

Don’t think we’ve got any cases on the island at the moment, but masks will be compulsory everywhere from Tuesday and a curfew from midnight to 5am.
Panda Paws

« Reply #6094 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 13:27:13 »

Sorry guys - But this is the problem that we face. Happy for rules to be followed by others but they don't apply to me!

My parents are in their 80s - Absolutely no way am I going to visit them having mixed with all an sundry as a key worker and having 1 student in the house (with a GF at uni), a second student currently locked down in Wales and a 3rd adult in the house who travels to 2 different cities when he has to!

Telephones, laptops, ipads providing regular contact with my parents is how we'll spend Christmas.

But thanks to those who are above following the rules, I guess I'd better plan the same for next Christmas too!

I've in no way said the rules don't apply to me. If I choose to not comply, I do so knowing the percieved risk. Same as speeding.

As mentioned, I've followed everything thus far but now think that the damage outweighs the benefit. My wife and I have no kids. We work from home. We don't see friends. Same goes for her parents. So, in my eyes there is next to zero risk in us going round for a cup of tea once a week.

All power to you for looking at your circumstances and choosing your course of action. I'd do the same if my circumstances were similar but they're not.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 13:31:30 by Panda Paws » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6095 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 13:30:23 »

I've in no way said the rules don't apply to me. If I choose to not comply, I do so knowing the percieved risk. Same as speeding. Add mentioned, I've followed everything thus far but now think that the damage outweighs the benefit.

All power to you for looking at your circumstances and choosing your course of action. I'd do the same if my circumstances were similar but they're not.

I was in Asda this morning and was surprised how many of their staff weren't wearing face mask

So, give no fucks
adje

Ignore
« Reply #6096 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 14:13:47 »

Not true.  A large majority of 'the people' have done everything asked of them.

I've seen lots of this circulating in recent weeks.  'Lockdown #2 is the people's fault' etc.  You might as well add 'Signed D Cummings' at the bottom.  It's disingenuous blame shifting from a government that had the best part of half a year to get a properly functioning track & trace system ready in time for autumn/winter.  They failed.  And now it's our fault.  Shower of bastards, the lot of them.
Absofuckinglutely.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #6097 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 14:44:31 »

The policitians have been insinuating for a long time in interviews that their frameworks and guidelines will completely solve the problem of it spreading and that if it does continue to spread, then the public are entirely to blame.
That the guidelines are utterly confusing (as well as contradictory) and - to be quite frank - with things like Cummings & Johnsons' fathers escapades, it is almost like they want to anger people into going against the guidelines and go about their daily life (i.e spending money) and when things go wrong they can always fall back on the old adage of "but we put robust guidelines in place" and blame the public.

Whilst you can blame the public to a certain extent, the lion share of the issues have been caused by governmental incompetence

I come from a land down-under
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #6098 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 15:28:57 »

The policitians have been insinuating for a long time in interviews that their frameworks and guidelines will completely solve the problem of it spreading and that if it does continue to spread, then the public are entirely to blame.
That the guidelines are utterly confusing (as well as contradictory) and - to be quite frank - with things like Cummings & Johnsons' fathers escapades, it is almost like they want to anger people into going against the guidelines and go about their daily life (i.e spending money) and when things go wrong they can always fall back on the old adage of "but we put robust guidelines in place" and blame the public.

Whilst you can blame the public to a certain extent, the lion share of the issues have been caused by governmental incompetence

a massive extent. people are fucking idiots. and whilst we always say its the minority that are ruining it that is enough to leave the cases where they are again.

ANYTHING the government say there will be people abusing loopholes, ignoring distancing and mask wearing and practically carrying on life as normal.

there is no win in this situation, lock down and economy and lives distroyed, stay open NHS can't cope and high deaths.
the regional route was the best route but its too late now, you have people crossing counties just for a pint and a bet.

most of the cases up north came as a direct response from universities, they should 100% have not returned.

i went to town this afternoon to do some banking. the world is normal with a mask, feral people not giving a fuck. poundland looks like hell on earth
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6099 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 16:42:16 »

there is no win in this situation, lock down and economy and lives distroyed, stay open NHS can't cope and high deaths.
This is the complete misunderstanding the govt seem to be making repeatedly: it's not a choice between the two, they go hand in hand. The economy won't start to recover until you get on top of the health situation, and as has been demonstrated both in March and now, delaying action serves only to increase the severity of the action required and hence the hit on the economy. The two go hand in hand. And they don't seem to be learning from their mistakes, just making the same fuck ups over and over again
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #6100 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 16:52:46 »

This is the complete misunderstanding the govt seem to be making repeatedly: it's not a choice between the two, they go hand in hand. The economy won't start to recover until you get on top of the health situation, and as has been demonstrated both in March and now, delaying action serves only to increase the severity of the action required and hence the hit on the economy. The two go hand in hand. And they don't seem to be learning from their mistakes, just making the same fuck ups over and over again

the regional lockdowns were meant to be the balance between the two. we did get on top of the health situation but then it had to be opened up again. i feel sorry for the vast majority of businesses that have invested so much time and effort to making their own workplace safe.

you have said delaying action which suggests you were wanting a national lockdown a few weeks ago? an assumption so apologies if wrong. if so its massively unfair on the areas unaffected and again which was why the regional was the correct route. but almost impossible to enforce to the tier 4/5 levels needed.

no enforcement or track or trace will make everyone behave like they need to.  we need to keep having this lockdowns every 3/4 months to make the NHS cope and delay until the vaccine can come through. its not what i want there is no wrong solution and for every argument this a counter argument with other downfalls
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6101 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 16:54:03 »

Presser put back till 1830 apparently

He’s watching the fucking rugby isnt he
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6102 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 17:29:54 »

Presser put back till 1830 apparently

He’s watching the fucking rugby isnt he

Sensible man. Another 90 minutes isn’t going to make much difference. 😁
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6103 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 17:49:49 »

Here's a question. Had we locked down with Wales, would it have been a 2 weeker instead of a fucking month.

I don't know.

Then again, no guarantee a month will be enough either. gulp.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6104 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 17:51:52 »

Here's a question. Had we locked down with Wales, would it have been a 2 weeker instead of a fucking month.

I don't know.

Then again, no guarantee a month will be enough either. gulp.

You wait there will be photos of panic buying at supermarkets tomorrow

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: