Pages: 1 ... 403 404 405 [406] 407 408 409 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1206943 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6075 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 11:05:29 »

scaled up your population size , Sweden has 36k deaths. not that much better. true they avoided enforced lockdown, but the population density is far lower.
------
leak enquiry, fuck off. I think Malcolm Tucker explained that one in The Thick of It
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6076 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 11:51:01 »

scaled up your population size , Sweden has 36k deaths. not that much better. true they avoided enforced lockdown, but the population density is far lower.
------
leak enquiry, fuck off. I think Malcolm Tucker explained that one in The Thick of It

Where you getting your data from as I can only see 5938 deaths v 124k cases

So, give no fucks
Panda Paws

« Reply #6077 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 11:53:31 »

Probably pointless comparing countries given there is no consistency in what they're counting.

The idea of another lockdown has absolutely bodied me this morning. Ive never really suffered with any anxiety or anything like that but it scares the shit out of me. I know the impact on my mental health is going to be pretty severe, particularly if gyms close too.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 12:16:30 by Panda Paws » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #6078 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 11:56:11 »

Probably pointless comparing countries given there is no consistency in what they're counting.

The idea is another lockdown has absolutely bodied me this morning. Ive never really suffered with any anxiety or anything like that but it scares the shit out of me. I know the impact on my mental health is going to be pretty severe, particularly if gyms close too.

Bit of a tangent, and not for everyone, I know.  But a pair of running shoes is all you need.  They never stopped outdoor exercise even at the height of the first lockdown.  It works, I promise.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6079 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 11:56:35 »

The idea is another lockdown has absolutely bodied me this morning. Ive never really suffered with any anxiety or anything like that but it scares the shit out of me. I know the impact on my mental health is going to be pretty severe, particularly if gyms close too.

I guess at best it would be allowed out for an hours exercise again

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6080 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 12:08:24 »

Bit of a tangent, and not for everyone, I know.  But a pair of running shoes is all you need.  They never stopped outdoor exercise even at the height of the first lockdown.  It works, I promise.
That’s just not true, the whole gym routine not just running is important to a lot of people’s mental and physical health. This time round it’s going to be far harder to exercise outside as the weather is deteriorating and daylight hours are getting shorter. Closing the gyms would just be another short sighted snap decision.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6081 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 12:08:31 »

Quote from: Jimmy Quinn
------

typo, I meant our population, i.e 60M (v Sweden's 10m)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6082 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 12:11:42 »

completely agree exercise is a massive things in relieving stress and anxiety for many.

if they are shut, it's shit. But you can do cardio stuff outside. I don't buy the weather excuse

my knees are so fucked i can't even do that 😢
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6083 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 12:11:57 »

typo, I meant our population, i.e 60M (v Sweden's 10m)

Got ya! 😁

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6084 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 12:13:17 »

completely agree exercise is a massive things in relieving stress and anxiety for many.

if they are shut, it's shit. But you can do cardio stuff outside. I don't buy the weather excuse

Can you walk if not cycling is excellent and like you I don't care what the weather is like

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6085 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 12:17:47 »

I can’t road run due to my knees and it’s all roads around me so riding a bike especially at night in winter is probably a bigger risk than the virus itself. You are understating the importance of gyms, to a lot of people they are the only way to get proper exercise in.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6086 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 12:18:09 »

I can, just cycling is a time sink.

I am lucky that I have a cross trainer in the garage
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6087 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 12:22:37 »

PM new conference at 4pm
Panda Paws

« Reply #6088 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 12:26:11 »

I walk two hours a day whatever the weather, but I also lift at the gym 5-6 days a week at the moment. Cannot replicate that at home.

My wife and I live a simple life, but we're really tight with her family. I've already said I don't plan on complying and not seeing her parents if they agree. The impact it has on them, our nephew and my dad (who lives on his own) is huge.

We've followed every rule so far but in my opinion another complete lockdown will cause more harm than good. People don't want to kill their family. They don't want to get ill. Let people be responsible for their own actions and risk.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6089 on: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 12:32:40 »

I walk two hours a day whatever the weather, but I also lift at the gym 5-6 days a week at the moment. Cannot replicate that at home.

My wife and I live a simple life, but we're really tight with her family. I've already said I don't plan on complying and not seeing her parents if they agree. The impact it has on them, our nephew and my dad (who lives on his own) is huge.

We've followed every rule so far but in my opinion another complete lockdown will cause more harm than good. People don't want to kill their family. They don't want to get ill. Let people be responsible for their own actions and risk.

Good post. Having another lockdown now is just going to cause panic buying with Xmas on the horizon and maybe unrest on the streets like we've recently seen in Spain

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 405 [406] 407 408 409 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: