Pages: 1 ... 396 397 398 [399] 400 401 402 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188868 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5970 on: Monday, October 12, 2020, 15:51:15 »

‘4 pints of lager and 4 carvery dinners please barman’
Hunk

« Reply #5971 on: Monday, October 12, 2020, 16:46:28 »

Wetherspoons is going to be exempt from pub closures because they serve "food". And not because their boss, wankpuffin Tim Martin, is a massive Tory donor and Brexiteer. Oh no. Heaven forfend. So it's not safe for me to go and watch Town play outdoors in a highly regulated socially distanced environment but I can cram into a poorly ventilated 'spoons with all the local alcies who have no concept of social anything to watch football on a telly. FFS. Nothing to do with public health, all about who you're mates with.

To be fair there are an awful lot of other pub chains that would be exempt under the 'if you serve lots of food you can stay open' criteria. Greene King, M&B, even Arkell's pubs would on average serve almost as much food as they do beer, I would think. Still don't agree with it, mind you. If pubs really are the reason that rates are going through the roof then close them, how much food is served shouldn't make a blind bit of difference
Valid Pint

« Reply #5972 on: Monday, October 12, 2020, 18:59:58 »

It's best to leave him alone. All those toxic thoughts in his head can't be good for someone.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #5973 on: Monday, October 12, 2020, 22:19:31 »

Wetherspoons is going to be exempt from pub closures because they serve "food". And not because their boss, wankpuffin Tim Martin, is a massive Tory donor and Brexiteer. Oh no. Heaven forfend. So it's not safe for me to go and watch Town play outdoors in a highly regulated socially distanced environment but I can cram into a poorly ventilated 'spoons with all the local alcies who have no concept of social anything to watch football on a telly. FFS. Nothing to do with public health, all about who you're mates with.
The reporting around this is really irresponsible as it's missing out the really significant part that this can apply to all pubs not just Weatherspoons.

You should really include context, context which completely changes the nature of the report from "Tories helping mates".

Wink
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5974 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 02:06:34 »

In the 70s I stayed for some time at Machrihanish on the Mull of Kintyre, and the pubs in Scotland in those days weren’t allowed to open on Sundays - unless they served food.

You were given a bag of crisps with a pickled egg on entry and, hey presto, unlimited drinking!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5975 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 06:04:42 »

The reporting around this is really irresponsible as it's missing out the really significant part that this can apply to all pubs not just Weatherspoons.

You should really include context, context which completely changes the nature of the report from "Tories helping mates".

Wink
Smiley
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #5976 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 06:21:42 »

„Do you all live in the same household?“
- „you have my word“

I come from a land down-under
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5977 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 10:15:48 »

Well that clears it up!

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/robert-jenrick-tries-to-define-substantial-meal-as-latest-measures-face-ridicule/13/10/
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #5978 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 10:35:54 »

Hospitality industry produces 4% GDP - no reason why the sector can't be supported through this -  assuming the intention isn't to keep the virus on the bubble, until the end of the year and beyond. I'm old and too cynical nowadays.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5979 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 11:57:58 »

Money isn't real, there is no reason at all that society can't continue through a Pandemic other than individualism.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5980 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 12:16:24 »

Hospitality industry produces 4% GDP - no reason why the sector can't be supported through this -  assuming the intention isn't to keep the virus on the bubble, until the end of the year and beyond. I'm old and too cynical nowadays.

Considering the government seem intent on wrecking the country for the fishing industry (0.12% of GDP) I wouldn't make any assumptions.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5981 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 20:49:59 »

SAGE report says the failed SERCO Track and Trace system which has cost us £12bn so far is such a crock of shit it is having only a "marginal" effect on fighting COVID, whereas it should be one of our main weapons in defeating it. Next time the Tories are banging on about the efficiencies of the private sector as they try to privatise another huge chunk of the NHS, remember what a fucking dreadful job (and a shit ton of public money) SERCO and Deloitte have made out of failing to fight COVID.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/test-and-trace-having-only-marginal-impact-on-fight-against-covid19-sage-warns-a4569091.html
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #5982 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 20:55:51 »

Jobs for the boys!

Classic Dom.
Flashheart

« Reply #5983 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 12:46:19 »

A once respectable rag.

Name calling and now this. How long before they're lending credence to the Qanon movement?

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5984 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 13:19:20 »

A once respectable rag.

Name calling and now this. How long before they're lending credence to the Qanon movement?

On a similar basis I assume she feels that we should not bother breathing as it just postpones death? I cannot decide whether she will just print whatever she is told to print or whether she is just incredibly thick!

As for the Telegraph it is literally no different to Pravda these days!
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 398 [399] 400 401 402 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: