Pages: 1 ... 395 396 397 [398] 399 400 401 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188729 times)
Hunk

« Reply #5955 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 18:04:08 »

I do believe he has Covid personally, although I completely understand the arguments from the people that say he hasn't. I just believe that his ego and arrogance (and possibly senility) is at such an unfathomable level that it could lead him to behave as he has done since the diagnosis was made public.

The person you see here does not look a well man. At all
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5956 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 14:19:27 »

The Lincoln Project are pretty quick at getting Ad's out, they really don't like him and as ex-Republicans, they know which buttons to press in the middle ground.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5957 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 14:19:39 »

All pubs and restaurants in Scotland central belt to close until the 25th. Supposed to be going to Edinburgh on the 25th for wife’s birthday, but given it’s likely these rules will be extended (and maybe even enforced here too) by then it’s not looking too likely

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5958 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 18:41:54 »

I do believe he has Covid personally, although I completely understand the arguments from the people that say he hasn't. I just believe that his ego and arrogance (and possibly senility) is at such an unfathomable level that it could lead him to behave as he has done since the diagnosis was made public.

The person you see here does not look a well man. At all

Think you're bang on there. But either way to use this as a way to keep spreading the "Don't worry, it's nothing to worry about" message is beyond irresponsible. Is he trying to double the 200,000 deaths so far by Nov 3rd while he's still got the chance?
Flashheart

« Reply #5959 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 18:50:18 »

I can't remember where it was, but I read an article earlier today...

The medication he was given is used only for serious cases. It surpresses the immune system which slows the inflammation -  easing the symptoms. But that also means it weakens the immune system, potentially making things worse in the long term. Hence why it is only used sparingly.

Also... it wears off. Apparently the patient will feel better, even great, for a while but they could easily get much, much worse again.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5960 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 19:12:13 »

one wonders why he was given experimental drug regeneron in the first place...

wait a minute

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/10/05/investing/trump-regeneron/index.html

-------++-

which reminds me, you are proper fucked in the land of the free without proper healthcare insurance
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5961 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 19:45:17 »

I can't remember where it was, but I read an article earlier today...

The medication he was given is used only for serious cases. It surpresses the immune system which slows the inflammation -  easing the symptoms. But that also means it weakens the immune system, potentially making things worse in the long term. Hence why it is only used sparingly.

Also... it wears off. Apparently the patient will feel better, even great, for a while but they could easily get much, much worse again.
Really don't see how he could get any worse. Ah, you meant medically ....
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5962 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 20:01:46 »

one wonders why he was given experimental drug regeneron in the first place...

wait a minute

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/10/05/investing/trump-regeneron/index.html

-------++-

which reminds me, you are proper fucked in the land of the free without proper healthcare insurance

Even with good coverage it's a minefield.  I don't think someone like me pays much more (my employer funded insurance means my total expenses are probably in line with UK Taxation differences), but it's the stress of not having much of a clue what the bills are going to be.  My daughter went to the ER a couple of years ago after fainting and hitting her head.  Cost $3k to be discharged with some Ibuprofen - every man and their dog sends a bill, including the Doctor who did nothing but sign off on the test results.  She didn't even see that one.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 20:03:22 by RobertT » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5963 on: Thursday, October 8, 2020, 08:12:09 »

Even with good coverage it's a minefield.  I don't think someone like me pays much more (my employer funded insurance means my total expenses are probably in line with UK Taxation differences), but it's the stress of not having much of a clue what the bills are going to be.  My daughter went to the ER a couple of years ago after fainting and hitting her head.  Cost $3k to be discharged with some Ibuprofen - every man and their dog sends a bill, including the Doctor who did nothing but sign off on the test results.  She didn't even see that one.

I recall reading (when all the fuss about the US wanting to get into the NHS was kicking off) that someone had a baby in hospital and within the bill was a $60 charge for the mother being able to hold baby immediately after birth.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5964 on: Thursday, October 8, 2020, 09:15:03 »

France seems to have an excellent health service.

On the move again!
Flashheart

« Reply #5965 on: Thursday, October 8, 2020, 09:34:29 »

I recall reading (when all the fuss about the US wanting to get into the NHS was kicking off) that someone had a baby in hospital and within the bill was a $60 charge for the mother being able to hold baby immediately after birth.

Thousands of dollars for an ambulance - whether you wanted one or not. Even twisting an ankle could turn out to be a cripplinlgly expensive experience for some people if a well-meaning passer by calls an ambulance for you.

There was one woman who was faced with a bill of tens of thousands just after her newborn baby died. As if she wasn't going through a bad enough time already! She had insurance, but the baby died so soon after birth that it was not yet added to her insurance policy*. I expect the woman was a tad busy at the time.

*Something like that, I don't remember the details of the case exactly.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5966 on: Friday, October 9, 2020, 13:29:47 »

Correlation ≠ causation.
Apparently it does in this case: govt now admit 30% of new coronavirus cases are being transmitted in pubs and restaurants. So as I said, nice one Rishi. "Eat Out To Spread the Virus"
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-uk-cases-pubs-restaurants-covid-nadhim-zahawi-b904636.html
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5967 on: Monday, October 12, 2020, 13:17:56 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54499963

Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said experts told Cobra even tier three restrictions would be unlikely to bring the UK's R number - the rate at which an infected person passes on the virus - below 1.

looks like order of the day is slow it down, rather than beat it into submission
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5968 on: Monday, October 12, 2020, 13:45:11 »

As long as we can stay out of lockdown till Wednesday that will do for me.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5969 on: Monday, October 12, 2020, 15:31:00 »

Wetherspoons is going to be exempt from pub closures because they serve "food". And not because their boss, wankpuffin Tim Martin, is a massive Tory donor and Brexiteer. Oh no. Heaven forfend. So it's not safe for me to go and watch Town play outdoors in a highly regulated socially distanced environment but I can cram into a poorly ventilated 'spoons with all the local alcies who have no concept of social anything to watch football on a telly. FFS. Nothing to do with public health, all about who you're mates with.
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 397 [398] 399 400 401 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: