Pages: 1 ... 387 388 389 [390] 391 392 393 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188306 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5835 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 16:05:34 »

Daily figure of new confirmed cases has dropped to 4k now, three days of consecutive drops. It’s a bit if a weird one, and probably artificial in nature but three days of consecutively lower figures is a tentatively good sign

Also correlates with ZOE data (which is self-reported) reporting a lower number of new infections today than yesterday, the ons survey on Friday reporting a slowing of the increase two weeks ago and the daily volume of 999/111 covid triage calls also dropping consecutively over the past week. All early stages, and can’t get too carried away, but four different sources using four different approaches to assessing number of infections are all beginning to point towards the number of new infections have stopped increasing.

Got to be cause for a little optimism, at the very least, that things might not get too much worse than they are now (he says, touching all of the wood I can find)

Likely a bit longer - seems to be 4-6 weeks later based on the USA data from over the summer.  It's likely the rate of deaths vs. cases will be much lower this time around as well.  It will likely be hitting healthier populations, plus we are better prepared medication wise.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5836 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 09:02:31 »

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5837 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 09:11:37 »

I saw a stat on the RTE news channel just now (I'm in Ireland at the moment) that 32% of people would not take the Coronavirus vaccine.

I've always been curious as to why people are so against vaccines? (not the band)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #5838 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 09:13:24 »

I've always been curious as to why people are so against vaccines? (not the band)

Because of the many fuckwits who believe it causes autism and what not, and/or it is an elite conspiracy to control the masses.

Stuff like that. Idiocy, basically.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5839 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 09:19:34 »

Because of the many fuckwits who believe it causes autism
One of many great causes we have the Daily Mail to thank for championing. Fucking shitrag.

On a more positive note, the Imperial College study that showed we were entering a rapid uptick in cases, with the R number as high as 1.7, is now showing a steady decline in the rate of infection with the R number at 1.1. Still too high but headed in the right direction.
Flashheart

« Reply #5840 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 09:20:47 »

I can expand on that...

The autism stuff originated from a British Doctor (whose name I forget now).

He was paid by a group of lawyers to find something wrong/dangerous in vaccines. The intention was that they could then sue the big pharma companies for loads of wonga. Anyway, this doctor wrote something or other about it causing vaccines, but it was a load of bollocks and had no supporting evidence. There were other people involved and they have since been open about it being a load of bollocks and distanced themselves from the claims.

Regardless, people still believe the autism stuff, despite the fact that no evidence has ever been presented to support the claim. But apparently, all this is overridden when spending half an hour reading something on the internet by some woman who claims to be a doctor and believes in healing stones and energy lines n shit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5841 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 09:29:39 »

Andrew Wakefield
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5842 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 09:32:28 »

I can expand on that...

The autism stuff originated from a British Doctor (whose name I forget now).

He was paid by a group of lawyers to find something wrong/dangerous in vaccines. The intention was that they could then sue the big pharma companies for loads of wonga. Anyway, this doctor wrote something or other about it causing vaccines, but it was a load of bollocks and had no supporting evidence. There were other people involved and they have since been open about it being a load of bollocks and distanced themselves from the claims.

Regardless, people still believe the autism stuff, despite the fact that no evidence has ever been presented to support the claim. But apparently, all this is overridden when spending half an hour reading something on the internet by some woman who claims to be a doctor and believes in healing stones and energy lines n shit.

Thanks FH. And spread wildly by the Karens on Facebook can't help!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5843 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 09:36:36 »

I saw a stat on the RTE news channel just now (I'm in Ireland at the moment) that 32% of people would not take the Coronavirus vaccine.

To be fair, I dont blame people for being sceptical of a vaccine which, on the face of it is rushed through. Not that I subscribe to that scepticism, but it’s understandable in this instance

Things get better but they never get good
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5844 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 09:37:48 »

Thanks guys, just had a quick look at Mr Wakefield. He certainly has a lot to answer for!!

Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #5845 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 09:41:06 »

If you want to be really depressed, you could follow up with a bit of reading on polio vaccination in Pakistan.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5846 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 09:49:21 »

Thanks FH. And spread wildly by the Karens on Facebook can't help!!
In the case of MMR, it was more the Lyndas, Melanies and Paul Dacres at the Daily Mail than Karens on Facebook

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5847 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 09:56:26 »

Andrew Wakefield

Not sure if they still are, but fairly recently, way after the shit had hit the fan he was dating Elle Macpherson.
Flashheart

« Reply #5848 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 09:56:47 »

These cunts contribute toward people dying. They should be made accountable.

Wankers.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5849 on: Thursday, October 1, 2020, 10:12:19 »

I see Boris dad was caught without wearing a mask in a shop.

Says he was extremely sorry and wasnt aware of the rules

Oh piss off
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 389 [390] 391 392 393 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: