Pages: 1 ... 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188323 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5595 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 14:11:50 »

I will very confidently predict that things will not get anywhere near as bad as they did in March/April, and we won’t need another lockdown to the same extent as we did back then

That’s not to say things won’t get worse from where we are now (they probably will), nor that we won’t see further tightening of rules about what we can/can’t do (which we’ll probably get). But estimates on the true number of daily cases at the end of March were 100,000 - 250,000 a DAY. We’re nowhere near that, and given everything we currently do we won’t get anywhere near that again
I think you're right, I certainly hope so. But we are again facing another steep climb in cases and we shouldn't be if the 6 months hadn't been largely wasted.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5596 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 14:20:37 »

the proper track and trace so it's being released on 24th.

much as scepticism rears it's head, the qr code 'check-in' facility, for use at establishments such as pubs
, looks obvious but useful given the requirement for them to hold our details
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5597 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 13:56:17 »

Rule of 6 came into force today. With a special exemption for hunting and shooting, which is what held up publication of the act until 20 minutes before it came into force last night. One rule for the plebs ....

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5598 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 14:42:34 »

Hunts  Roll Eyes
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5599 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 09:44:56 »

Interesting

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwest/news/2066496-test-hailed-as-game-changer-in-fight-against-covid-19-and-reopening-of-global-economy
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5600 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 09:53:21 »

Sorry, just got to share this a 'friend' (we went to school together 30 years ago and whilst the name rings a bell I have no recollection of her) posted on Facebook....

Can people just stop getting tested?? You do realise you are adding to the problem and taking us into a 2nd phase lockdown? You are giving the government the number of cases and the powers to take us into a winter lockdown? Just stop the testing and this could all disappear a lot sooner... If you are well enough to get yourself to a testing centre then your absolutely fine, stay at home for 2 weeks just to be safe, eat well, take your vitamins and then crack on! You don't need to wear a positive covid test like a badge of honour for absolute no reason do you?? You think spring/summer lockdown was bad? Wait until its dark more than it's light, no garden to enjoy because its cold and rainy, no festivities to look forward to, no Christmas markets or shopping, no taking the kids to see Father Christmas? Plus your standard normal winter illnesses to throw in the mix!! More people will die of suicide than EVER before! Our elderly will die sooner than they should because they will be restricted on the usual things that keep them sane, like community groups? We need social interaction to thrive and stay healthy and I dont need no paid off scientist to do research to tell me that !!! Turn off your TV,  ignore the propaganda, THINK FOR YOURSELVES. End this now !!! Copy and Paste if You Agree !!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5601 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 09:55:34 »

there's more of them than you think
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5602 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 10:04:44 »

there's more of them than you think

The think for yourselves bit is a highlight for me!
Flashheart

« Reply #5603 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 10:08:20 »

The think for yourselves bit is a highlight for me!

Yep, always cracks me up.

As though them reading a blog by Karen on facebook overrides the vast amount of research that has been undertaken and collated by countless independent experts across the globe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5604 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 10:27:49 »

Yep, always cracks me up.

As though them reading a blog by Karen on facebook overrides the vast amount of research that has been undertaken and collated by countless independent experts across the globe.
Excuse me, reading a blog by Karen on Facebook IS research, smarty pants, especially if you throw in a couple of YouTube videos of a nutter shouting into his camera phone as well. Remember everyone's fed up of experts now, Michael Gove said so.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5605 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 10:33:52 »

Yes the '...think for yourselves' followed by 'copy and paste if you agree'  Roll Eyes

The worse thing is, there are occasions when these "pack mentality" (some may call it herd mentality...) types are generally quite reasonable or intelligent too. Yet still slip into these kind of sharing traps.

Still, the Government's main ploy is to keep us divided. Carnage amongst the masses is the only thing keeping them in power because they certainly are not fit to govern us. The longer we unilaterally disagree en masse (via gov led confusion, poor legislation, etc) the longer they retain power.

Some already realise this but the problem is, when the penny does drop for many it will be too late; it probably already is.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5606 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 11:40:59 »

Unsafe for officers to break up? What is the world coming to?
A green light for the selfish twats to do it again.
https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18720610.hundreds-turn-trowbridge-car-meet/#comments-anchor
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5607 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 12:19:05 »

The number two or number three killer of people this year (in many countries) is a hoax still then, one that isn't leaving a trail of people behind with long term complications.  Good to know.

I don;t really use Facebook, those types of posts (on plenty of inane subjects as well) always confuse me, what's the point?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5608 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 12:28:00 »

Oh, and some politician over this side of the pond responded to a question about the number of deaths by stating it was because they were doing more testing................
Flashheart

« Reply #5609 on: Thursday, September 17, 2020, 15:05:00 »

According to Moggy, people should just stop 'carping on' about the lack of test kits and should be thankful to the government instead.
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: