Pages: 1 ... 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188469 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5580 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 10:23:48 »

Quote from: Bob's Orange
They have now made it mandatory to wear masks in Turkey in all outside spaces. Fuck going to the beach and having to wear a mask! It is hot enough just in the street as it is!

Bournemouth is available Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5581 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 10:24:33 »

It’ll be too cold by the time I’m back in England!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #5582 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 10:27:20 »

..... even the govt have admitted that the technology they're relying on doesn't exist yet.....

Takes I back to the days of yore; the fabled Backstop avoiding 'technology' solution from the ERG. Which also doesn't exist yet.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5583 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 10:30:14 »

Quote from: Bob's Orange
It’ll be too cold by the time I’m back in England!!

there's no pleasing some people!
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #5584 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 10:39:34 »

Corrupt as fuck this lot.  And yet the majority of my home town will say, oh old Boris he's a laugh isnt he.  Lets trust him with the stewardship of the country, what could go wrong.

It is this that I just don't get.  Lie after lie, u-turn after u-turn, unfulfilled promise after unfulfilled promise, and still folks support this Govt.  Oven-ready deals (where is that?), a world-beating app (errrrr) and now a Moonshot Testing programme to look forward to.  Does he have a list of superlatives for bollocks that will never be delivered?

Awaiting "yeah but, what would Labour/any one else have done better?"

No one kills a thread like me....
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5585 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 10:44:52 »

It is this that I just don't get.  Lie after lie, u-turn after u-turn, unfulfilled promise after unfulfilled promise, and still folks support this Govt.  Oven-ready deals (where is that?), a world-beating app (errrrr) and now a Moonshot Testing programme to look forward to.  Does he have a list of superlatives for bollocks that will never be delivered?

Awaiting "yeah but, what would Labour/any one else have done better?"

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/search-on-to-find-someone-who-believes-in-this-moonshot-cockrot-20200910200282
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #5586 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 10:57:34 »

£100bn; I'd love to know how that was calculated. Hopefully it was not calculated by the people who were responsible for counting the deaths, items of PPE & suchlike - or Diane Abbott

I come from a land down-under
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5587 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 11:23:12 »

£100bn; I'd love to know how that was calculated. Hopefully it was not calculated by the people who were responsible for counting the deaths, items of PPE & suchlike - or Diane Abbott
It's the amount Cummings reckons he can steal without anyone batting an eyelid
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #5588 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 11:37:52 »

Or something they can try and fob us off with as the reason why public debt will continue to exceed GDP

I come from a land down-under
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5589 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 09:49:05 »

SAGE warned the govt that the MoonSpaff project could create so many false positives, it could result in 28 million people self-isolating

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/09/10/moonshot-testing-plan-could-send-28-million-needless-self-isolation/
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5590 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 13:34:00 »

R number back above 1 (1-1.2 according to govt, could be as high as 1.7 according to Imperial College) and cases doubling every 7-8 days. We're back where we were in March. And we still don't have an effective Test Trace and Isolate system. Shit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5591 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 13:41:34 »

R was worse in march.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-52473523

the question is whether deaths now follow or whether the young fend it off and mostly not pass it to the vulnerable
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5592 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 14:02:09 »

R was worse in march.
Sorry I wasn't clear, what I meant was that we're back at the lower end of a steeply climbing slope, rather than that the R rate was identical. There are also several other factors that mean we're much better prepared than we were in March, but a resurgence was always coming and the failure to use the time to adequately prepare a functioning TTI system is criminal.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5593 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 14:06:35 »

R was worse in march.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-52473523

the question is whether deaths now follow or whether the young fend it off and mostly not pass it to the vulnerable

Yes but if need be you can always get the train to Diss is under an hour and half Smiley

Essentially, the Gov have got the "herd immunity" policy they wanted initially by essentially  making the masses feel like that is the way we should've gone. Creating isolated (ironically) social stigma via blurring every fucking line available, in terms of guidance/rules/laws. So you get the public blaming each other instead of pointing the real problem at Government. Fear, uncertainty and doubt. The main principles that will always keep a regime in power.

Their main goal is dividing society rather than governing society because they are absolute piss poor at that. Division keeps them loosely relevant and it keeps the people in the boxes they've made for them; along with the aforementioned F,U & D. Any government likes to keep us categorised of course, but at least let us feel like we aren't part of your game.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5594 on: Friday, September 11, 2020, 14:08:46 »

I will very confidently predict that things will not get anywhere near as bad as they did in March/April, and we won’t need another lockdown to the same extent as we did back then

That’s not to say things won’t get worse from where we are now (they probably will), nor that we won’t see further tightening of rules about what we can/can’t do (which we’ll probably get). But estimates on the true number of daily cases at the end of March were 100,000 - 250,000 a DAY. We’re nowhere near that, and given everything we currently do we won’t get anywhere near that again

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: