Pages: 1 ... 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188243 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5295 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 15:45:58 »

...as a continuation of what we have had since March. It's not a new "wave", it's the same ongoing outbreak.

I still think that (with the more information we now have) this actually started back in early December, and I mean the UK. Possibly longer than that. A lot of people had "worse than normal" supposed flu or winter bugs that they had never experienced before during mid December.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5296 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 15:48:09 »

I still think that (with the more information we now have) this actually started back in early December, and I mean the UK. Possibly longer than that. A lot of people had "worse than normal" supposed flu or winter bugs that they had never experienced before during mid December.
Yes you may well be right. But my point was that if we do experience an uptick in cases in the coming weeks, talk of a "second wave" triggered by infection from Europe is disingenuous. We never fully suppressed the first wave here so it will continue to flare up and die down in localised hotspots.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #5297 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 15:59:51 »

Yes you may well be right. But my point was that if we do experience an uptick in cases in the coming weeks, talk of a "second wave" triggered by infection from Europe is disingenuous. We never fully suppressed the first wave here so it will continue to flare up and die down in localised hotspots.

Fuck you with your "disingenuous" (referring to previous comment of another poster)  Wink

Yes of course, I get your main point though. Except if it did start in early December (here), is that one continuous wave or are we on the second wave already? I think we're on a second wave (after December) that hasn't ceded and as you say, it has never been fully suppressed.

It falls in line with Government still trying to push for a herd immunity style strategy. Only disguised as the biggest, disorganised and ignorant fuck up compared to plenty of other nations. But we aren't allowed to compare...yet.

'Incessant Nonsense'

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5298 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 16:32:49 »

Fuck you with your "disingenuous" (referring to previous comment of another poster)  Wink
Smiley

Yes of course, I get your main point though. Except if it did start in early December (here), is that one continuous wave or are we on the second wave already? I think we're on a second wave (after December) that hasn't ceded and as you say, it has never been fully suppressed.
Oooh, blimey. FWIW, given that if it did start in December, that just continued to grow, it didn't get suppressed so that would still be one continuous wave. This is kind of the point though, talk of waves is a bit of a nonsense, it's just one continuum, but it suits various govts' agendas to be able to claim that they have "defeated" a first wave. It's not a separate series of waves, it's a tsunami of infection and incompetence.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5299 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 17:47:56 »

Tucker is always good for a laugh, but you'd think someone in the scripting team would have checked out the backgrounds of the people in white coats before letting him go off on one:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/big-tech-censors-covid-19-video-tucker-carlson

Yeah, shes into witchcraft because she is African, not at all because she is on video having publicly said that she is a firm believer in the witches impregnating women with demon babies through their dreams.

Oddly, people watch and listen to this guy, so it is no wonder why I'm sat in a State that would be about number 6 in the infection rate if it was a Country right now.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5300 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 18:04:37 »

Quote from: pauld
but it does mean we will continue to see resurgence and spikes like those in Leicester and Oldham recently, .
I don't think there were spikes.

the government haven't put the Isle of White on the 'essential travel only' list, and made people self isolate on their return.

Not that I'm bitter over the Canary Islands or anything.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #5301 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 18:04:55 »

Yeah, shes into witchcraft because she is African, not at all because she is on video having publicly said that she is a firm believer in the witches impregnating women with demon babies through their dreams.

Then again, many millions of people have bought and still do buy the incredible belief of "immaculate conception" or "virgin birth". It's as equally ridiculous (that's for RF) as above. Although one could argue that at least an actual human being (a witch) is impregnating a woman (even if it is supposedly via a dream). I would say the immaculate conception theory is even more ridiculous. Yet still, as stated millions of people believe it happened.

I'm playing Devil's advocate. No not Damien levels but I think on reflection you can see I have a point.

Anyway, it must be true because they saw it on Insta (or something) Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5302 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 18:16:44 »

I'm still not sure how the Bible copes with the fact Joseph must have been proper pissed off, even allowing for the unique nature of events.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #5303 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 18:30:36 »

I'm still not sure how the Bible copes with the fact Joseph must have been proper pissed off, even allowing for the unique nature of events.

Probably just took it all out on the lads down the construction site "Fucking sparkies, fucking brickies, fucking site manger* cunt, fucking lazy plasterer bastards, fuckin stupid cunting plumbers. Us tektons get all the bad luck"

Mind you, according to the bible, he did seem to disappear not long after Jesus "birth" so maybe he had his doubts, questioned Mary about which one of the fellas down the site she'd been nobbing (it turns out, all of them) and then fucked off. Only to see Jesus on Saturdays in an agreement with the CSA, and that he must teach his son carpentry.

'Incessant Nonsense'

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5304 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 18:35:06 »

It does all rather read like a drunken night out ended-up with Mary copping off with one of Joseph's friends and they've gone with the method of over blowing the lie to compensate.  Also, the book tees up the sequel, well, the second sequel, but has taken far too long to bring it to production.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #5305 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 18:43:27 »

It does all rather read like a drunken night out ended-up with Mary copping off with one of Joseph's friends and they've gone with the method of over blowing the lie to compensate. 

In terms of Roman Catholicism, we could never envisage any of this happening and subsequently being covered up/exaggerated by the family, had this all happened in Sligo. Never in 2020 years of human existence. Could we?

'Incessant Nonsense'

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5306 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 19:43:16 »

I don't think there were spikes.

the government haven't put the Isle of White on the 'essential travel only' list, and made people self isolate on their return.

Not that I'm bitter over the Canary Islands or anything.
TBF, given how woefully shit they were about failing to cut down travel from Spain, Italy etc first time round when it was quite clear we should have done, I'm pleasantly surprised that they have taken action this time. Albeit the communication was dreadful, decision seems to have been taken last minute and share the qualms about whether it needs to be quite so coarse-grained,clearly could have been done on regions rather than the whole country. And huge sympathy to those who were reassured by the "Boris has saved summer holidays" headlines and have now lost out on holidays and/or thousands of pounds as a result.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5307 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 19:49:30 »

so what data justifies applying this to the Canary Islands.

I'm not really closing that as a region. it's 1000 miles from spain!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5308 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 20:50:54 »

Maybe because there is a shitload of travel between mainland Spain and the Canaries and the Balearic Islands?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5309 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 20:58:42 »

No I agree, hence my comment about it seems a bit clumsy to be so coarse-grained. But I don't think that alters the principle that it's going to be necessary to introduce these kind of rolling travel restrictions for some time as we see flare-ups in other countries/regions. And accept when they are imposed on us, as well.
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: