Pages: 1 ... 350 351 352 [353] 354 355 356 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1200959 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5280 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 08:29:27 »

I would imagine the club would pay for tests for affected players if needed? Not sure if they could pay over 3 years in instalments though
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5281 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 08:35:35 »

I'd happily pay for tests on return. can't see where to get one other than pretending to have symptoms.

turns out our travel insurance is shit, even if fco change to 'essential only' it won't pay out. not something we foressaw or even checked when booking last year.

I don't even understand why the quarentine is needed   from the canaries at this time
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #5282 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 09:20:54 »

I thought the 14 days quarantine was to do with the length of time it can take for symptoms to develop. Getting a test immediately on return to the UK could show a negative result but a week later you could have developed the symptoms and a test then would be positive.... by which time you could have infected others if you didn't quarantine. I could be wrong about that.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5283 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 09:48:10 »

It's all well and good people wearing face masks in shops, but if you don't wear it properly it affects you and other people. They are designed to cover your face and nose, not just your bottom lip. The amount of people I have seen wearing it like this is scary. At least 1 in 10 people.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5284 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 09:51:56 »

Quote from: Private Fraser
I thought the 14 days quarantine was to do with the length of time it can take for symptoms to develop. Getting a test immediately on return to the UK could show a negative result but a week later you could have developed the symptoms and a test then would be positive.... by which time you could have infected others if you didn't quarantine. I could be wrong about that.

yes you could be right.

I don't know the period after infection that you test positive.

You can be test positive while asymptomatic, and must be tested within 5 days of symptoms.

But you are quite right, it's not clear whether 14 days is a convenient way to cover the symptomless, or whether a test would work but isn't used to save resources.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #5285 on: Sunday, July 26, 2020, 09:55:56 »

It's all well and good people wearing face masks in shops, but if you don't wear it properly it affects you and other people. They are designed to cover your face and nose, not just your bottom lip. The amount of people I have seen wearing it like this is scary. At least 1 in 10 people.

I noticed that yesterday. There are, of course, many people who are exempt and it's sad to see that some have been getting grief on occasions.  However, I also noticed that nursing soft drinks cup whilst strolling around a shopping centre also provides a good reason for not wearing one.

Nothing to see here
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5286 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 14:34:00 »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/twitter-post-that-seems-to-show-doctors-praising-hydroxychloroquine-use-for-coronavirus

We appear to be doomed to live out the actual plot line (just over a longer period of time) of the Contagion film.  Jude Law's character now making an appearance - oddly, Dr Sanjay Gupta appears on the news in that film, a place where he has been busy every day since the real Pandemic actually kicked off.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5287 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 15:33:39 »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/twitter-post-that-seems-to-show-doctors-praising-hydroxychloroquine-use-for-coronavirus

We appear to be doomed to live out the actual plot line (just over a longer period of time) of the Contagion film.  Jude Law's character now making an appearance - oddly, Dr Sanjay Gupta appears on the news in that film, a place where he has been busy every day since the real Pandemic actually kicked off.
For those not familiar with the Trumps' new favourite medical expert, Dr Stella Immanuel has previously claimed that alien DNA is being used in medical treatments, that scientists are creating a vaccine against people being religious and that ovarian cysts are caused by people having sex with demons in their dreams. No wonder they prefer her expertise to Dr Antony Fauci
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5288 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 14:02:10 »

What a surprise  Roll Eyes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-53577222
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #5289 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 14:32:51 »

Based on my experience, any dickheads I’ve seen during the social distancing era have been generally been those of an elder age

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5290 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 14:41:19 »

Based on my experience, any dickheads I’ve seen during the social distancing era have been generally been those of an elder age

The complete opposite from what I've seen. Whilst difficult to totally generalise, I have found that its been the young adults (twenty/thirty somethings) tend to be the ones who have been acting in the 'i'm alright Jack' way.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #5291 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 14:47:03 »

Whilst difficult to totally generalise

Where’s the fun if you can’t generalise?

I’ve suspect that’s what the WHO have done in this instance. Probably just a group of people without a social life themselves so just criticise young people who do have a social life.

That my final generalisation of today!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5292 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 14:55:29 »

Yeah, all right Victor Meldrew. I'm with Abrahammer, the majority of the idiots I've seen, whether consciously selfish or just completely oblivious to/hopeless at the whole concept of social distancing, have been 50+. Most recent example was the moron shouting the odds at the poor sod on Morrison's door about how it was his right not to wear a mask. To which the lad replied with the patience of a saint "It is of course your right, sir, but I'm afraid you can't come in the shop without one". Fair play.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5293 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 15:41:07 »

I think it mostly tells us that isolated incidents don't give us the whole picture and in today's age it seemingly will matter most which one gets the most exposure on social media. It will then influence the mindset of many in this throwaway media era, whether they understand SM properly or not.

We're all intelligent enough to know that you get plenty of non-compliant cunts regardless of age, gender, race, background et al but we will still have some level of bias for our own "category" (ugh). Even if that is for or against.

Any incident that goes viral (quite an irony) will make up the minds for several who possibly want a certain type of outcome to materialise anyway. Is it called confirmation bias led media or something?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5294 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 15:42:07 »

Govt talking about a second wave implies that the first wave has finished when it clearly hasn't. It's better than it was, but it's still very much there, the govt didn't even really try to go for zero or near zero infections as some other countries have done. Which may well be a legitimate strategy, but it does mean we will continue to see resurgence and spikes like those in Leicester and Oldham recently, as a continuation of what we have had since March. It's not a new "wave", it's the same ongoing outbreak.
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 352 [353] 354 355 356 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: