Pages: 1 ... 329 330 331 [332] 333 334 335 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188185 times)
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #4965 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 14:13:42 »

Wow. That had completely passed me by. How can they not publish at least % of test positive?

Wonder if its also to do with speed of reporting making a lag that would not reflect the true state.   Then again, why lock down Leicester if Pillar 2 isn't 'current'.

I share your cynacism.

Fucking shambles.

They do publish the totals for the UK (here - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public) and they have now (apparently) given access to all LA's etc to the combined details.

The total % of pillar 2 for the uk is aroung a 1/3 of total positive cases. 

STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #4966 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 14:19:33 »

The problem is what figures are actually being used as there seem to be two sources (Pillar 1 and Pillar 2) and as the government are not being entirely transparent its all a bloody mess, for a change.

See Leicester, the spike is mainly Pillar 2 which the government doesn't make public (a decision make at Ministerial level according to PHE) and they didn't tell the local bodies about until very recently.

You can see the higher numbers as a good thing (to stop the virus), more pillar 2 testing has been carried out with mobile centres being sent to the area and people are getting tests before going to hosipital and hopefully islolating sooner.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #4967 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 14:38:45 »

Since they have stopped having the daily news briefing, I was looking for the information that they provided in it.

This can be found here https://coronavirus-staging.data.gov.uk/healthcare, one of the bits of information is that as of just 65 people in the south west are in hospital, which is about 25% of the next lowest NHS region (235 south east).
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 14:42:23 by STFC_Manc » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4968 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 15:00:24 »

So the companies who are doing the testing (or at least Deloitte) are not required to report positive coronavirus tests to the LA or PHE, not altogether sure what the point of the process really is?

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4969 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 16:05:21 »

So the companies who are doing the testing (or at least Deloitte) are not required to report positive coronavirus tests to the LA or PHE, not altogether sure what the point of the process really is?
So they could claim to hit artifcial targets. The whole approach all the way through has been about managing blame, not managing the disease
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #4970 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 16:06:43 »

I found this an interesting read on the current malaise in British politics:

https://unherd.com/2020/07/is-tony-blair-to-blame-for-our-tribal-politicians/
I like Unherd. Although many of its contributors are centre or centre-right, it often looks at issues from an unexpected, unorthodox angle.
This is one of the most interesting articles I've read on Covid - a mathematical modeller who reckons the figures suggest there is a pre-existing immunity in the majority of the population, who will never catch coronavirus. It explains the differences in infection rates between different  areas and countries.

The interview is long  but really worth watching. https://unherd.com/2020/06/karl-friston-up-to-80-not-even-susceptible-to-covid-19/
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4971 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 16:11:59 »

I like Unherd. Although many of its contributors are centre or centre-right, it often looks at issues from an unexpected, unorthodox angle.
This is one of the most interesting articles I've read on Covid - a mathematical modeller who reckons the figures suggest there is a pre-existing immunity in the majority of the population, who will never catch coronavirus. It explains the differences in infection rates between different  areas and countries.

The interview is long  but really worth watching. https://unherd.com/2020/06/karl-friston-up-to-80-not-even-susceptible-to-covid-19/

BBC reporting similar https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53248660
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4972 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 16:25:22 »

It's an interesting theory, and would partially make a lot of sense - people don;t get colds when exposed.  My concern would be the amount of examples where high transmission rates have occurred, which wouldn't be statistically possible if this theory hung true.  There is a portion within that theory that does talk about high exposure overcoming the resistance, so it may be that it holds true for certain settings, but not all.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4973 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 17:53:25 »

Had some lovely Aussie guy on tweety bird tell me he thinks Covid-19 is a ploy to control us all and bring about a quote, UN One World Government, unquote. His main reasoning behind "Covid Falsehood" was due to no one he knows has had it and none of those people know anyone that has had it. Fucking NIMBY of the year!

I'll hazard a guess he doesn't believe (or want to believe) that 17 million people in the Yemen are at risk of starvation, via a famine generated by conflict supported by US led air and drone strikes (which subsequently, have purposefully targeted water and food supply infrastructure),  supported by $110bn in arms approved by the Orange one; as well as the UK Gov persistent effort to sell £5bn plus in arms to Saudi Arabia since 2016. The Orange one loves tweeting the word 'complicit' and it's quite clear to see why.

A stark reminder as we close in on 90 years after Holodomor, that this species of ours seems to take comfort and destructively so, in repeating history. But hey if none of your friends are dying from starvation then it must be made up, Shirley?  

Crash

Edit: It's a shit mock up of the SNL mock up but it's all that excuse is worthy of.

* IMG_20200701_190424.png (766.28 KB, 1200x675 - viewed 178 times.)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 17:56:18 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4974 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 17:59:17 »

sounds like my cousin's husband who I just ended a conversation with using the picture of a guy in a tinfoil hat.
Flashheart

« Reply #4975 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 18:11:51 »

Going off on a slight tangent - Danny Rose was retweeting 9/11 conspiracy theories recently.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4976 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 18:55:16 »

Going off on a slight tangent - Danny Rose was retweeting 9/11 conspiracy theories recently.

Which Danny Rose?  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #4977 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 09:17:02 »

I see the Prime Minister's dad has popped over to Greece, against government advice, to have his eyesight tested.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4978 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 09:21:15 »

Annoying twat that bloke is
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #4979 on: Thursday, July 2, 2020, 09:27:43 »

I see the Prime Minister's dad has popped over to Greece, against government advice, to have his eyesight tested.

Couldn’t he follow Dominic Cummings advice and go for a 60 mile drive?
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 331 [332] 333 334 335 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: