Pages: 1 ... 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188759 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4875 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:38:42 »

Evidently not.

I don't know why I asked  Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4876 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:43:01 »

I wouldn't worry, it's just the usual politically motivated suspects saying the same thing for about the millionth time.
You and Outletred?
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #4877 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:46:35 »

You and Outletred?

No he is talking about you.

You constantly spout anti government bile on here- let's face it if Boris gave you a million pounds you would still complain.

At a time like this people should show common sense- he is trusting people to do just that but they are not in some cases behaving appropriately.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4878 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:52:16 »

"We're still having these arguments about whether or not we should put these band-aids on the problem, such as masks," Gupta said Thursday. "(They're) effective band-aids, but still band-aids on this problem. And we're still not even sure we want to do that."
"We've got a patient bleeding out in front of us, we know what to do, and we are not doing it. And it's frustrating for sure."

I think people and Governments can both take some blame.

The USA example is giving the UK the same heads-up they got from Italy earlier on.  Can you rely on people to follow common sense - NO!  because it doesn't exist.  It's a made up phrase - nothing is that common that we all do it, and you need the VAST majority to follow it.

The Govt shouldn't need to spell out every rule, but it HAS to.  Even the slightest bit of mixed messaging creates the opportunity for things to unravel.  The quote shows the problem that occurs - even the things that are easy to do become difficult to follow once doubt is sewn.  We can't even get people to take the MMR jabs because they still believe some hoax of a conspiracy theory, despite years of studies disproving it.

The Spanish Flu got us the second time around, because we relaxed.  There are some very specific warnings in that part of history that we'd do well to learn.  San Francisco had widespread cloth mask wearing on the first wave, and avoided most of the pain.  They assumed it must have been that behaviour that protected them, so do it again for the second wave, only they dropped all the other things they did the first time and got badly hit.

Small basic things can help, nothing is rocket science:

The less contact you have with other people - the less likely you transmit or get the virus.  The public has a part to play, the Govt sets the message.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4879 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:54:11 »

No he is talking about you.
No shit, sherlock

At a time like this people should show common sense- he is trusting people to do just that but they are not in some cases behaving appropriately.
And the govt were told that was a likely outcome of easing lockdown too quickly and too early, especially with the way they have conveyed the messages, by their own behavioural scientists  (on the SPI-B committee) and chose to ignore that warning. Which is every bit as irresponsible as the morons on the beaches
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4880 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:54:48 »

"We're still having these arguments about whether or not we should put these band-aids on the problem, such as masks," Gupta said Thursday. "(They're) effective band-aids, but still band-aids on this problem. And we're still not even sure we want to do that."
"We've got a patient bleeding out in front of us, we know what to do, and we are not doing it. And it's frustrating for sure."

The USA example is giving the UK the same heads-up they got from Italy earlier on.  Can you rely on people to follow common sense - NO!  because it doesn't exist.  It's a made up phrase - nothing is that common that we all do it, and you need the VAST majority to follow it.

The Govt shouldn't need to spell out every rule, but it HAS to.  Even the slightest bit of mixed messaging creates the opportunity for things to unravel.  The quote shows the problem that occurs - even the things that are easy to do become difficult to follow once doubt is sewn.  We can't even get people to take the MMR jabs because they still believe some hoax of a conspiracy theory, despite years of studies disproving it.

The Spanish Flu got us the second time around, because we relaxed.  There are some very specific warnings in that part of history that we'd do well to learn.  San Francisco had widespread cloth mask wearing on the first wave, and avoided most of the pain.  They assumed it must have been that behaviour that protected them, so do it again for the second wave, only they dropped all the other things they did the first time and got badly hit.

Small basic things can help, nothing is rocket science:

The less contact you have with other people - the less likely you transmit or get the virus.  The public has a part to play, the Govt sets the message.
Exactly this.
Flashheart

« Reply #4881 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:57:41 »

I don't know why some people seem to have such difficulty grasping this.

1) People are irresponsible cunts.
2) The government could be doing more to control the situation.

If anybody disagress with either of those two statements then they're frankly just not worth the effort as far as I'm concerned.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4882 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:59:04 »

We’re at where Boris wanted us to be in March. Herd immunity here we come.

Mooooooo!
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4883 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 14:02:34 »

Is that a ruminant?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #4884 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 14:03:43 »

It all just seems like too much effort for the government

I come from a land down-under
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4885 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 14:05:55 »

Is that a ruminant?
No. I think it’s true.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4886 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 14:06:11 »

No shit, sherlock
And the govt were told that was a likely outcome of easing lockdown too quickly and too early, especially with the way they have conveyed the messages, by their own behavioural scientists  (on the SPI-B committee) and chose to ignore that warning. Which is every bit as irresponsible as the morons on the beaches

Everyone is to blame Paul  Smiley Merit where it's due though, a lot of people have been good and respected social distancing, likewise the government have done well in respect of furlough payments.
Other than that it's been shocking
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #4887 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 14:06:33 »

No shit, sherlock

They have to try and strike a balance- it is far from easy. However the message really is not difficult to understand.

No evidence whatsoever they have ignored the scientists- they set 5 clear tests for gradual easing of restrictions which have been met.

Let's face it- if they did no easing people would moan, and others moan they are easing too quickly.

Funny that Sturgeon follows our lead within a few days of when we announce changes.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4888 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 14:12:14 »

They have to try and strike a balance- it is far from easy. However the message really is not difficult to understand.

No evidence whatsoever they have ignored the scientists- they set 5 clear tests for gradual easing of restrictions which have been met.
There is the evidence of the behavioural scientists saying they have been ignored. I posted it a few pages back, behavioural scientists saying that this would be the likely outcome of what the govt has done. And hey presto! Wholly predictable, completely avoidable. Govt every bit as irresponsible as the morons on the beach
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4889 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 14:14:03 »

Let's face it- if they did no easing people would moan, and others moan they are easing too quickly.

Funny that Sturgeon follows our lead within a few days of when we announce changes.

The easing of restrictions is not a bad thing - it can be managed.

The issue is relying on Common Sense - it's a fallacy.  People smoke, people get into cars after drinking, people gamble, people use credit cards and so on.  There is no such thing as common sense - it's very nature is stupid, that we somehow can all choose the right path without the need for analysis, data, information, guidance etc.

The Govt can ease the lockdown BUT it has to assume people will do a Bournemouth Beach.  That's it's job - as BO put it I think, to stick some traffic lights up for us, because we'll do daft things.

It needs to ensure the Public Health measures are in place - messaging on what you CAN and MUST do - wear a mask, stay apart, don't meet indoors in large groups etc.  Ensure a robust testing process exists, that contact tracing is prepared for the increase in cases, make sure effective Quarantines are used (like offering Hotels to people who cannot isolate when they test positive) and so on.

The people have to fucking pay attention - and they won't, not everyone, not all the time.  For fucks sake people,don't touch your face - easy that one, well no, it's actually fucking difficult to stop doing.  Your relying on fundamental behaviour changes - we are wired to do the exact opposite.  Yes we call out others when they are acting like shits, but the Govt. can't abdicate it's role in this.
« Last Edit: Friday, June 26, 2020, 14:15:48 by RobertT » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: