Pages: 1 ... 322 323 324 [325] 326 327 328 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1197146 times)
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #4860 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:07:37 »

People need to start taking some personal responsibility.

It has been made clear what we need to do in terms of social distancing- it is the key workers in Bournemouth i feel sorry for it is they who are likely to be put at risk the most from cleaning up inconsiderate peoples mess.

If there is a spike everyone will blame the government/scientists- it is about time they took some responsibility themselves.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4861 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:14:03 »

Saved more for the muppets that do it. There's plenty of them, unfortunately.
So what you're saying then is that Johnson's "strategy" of "relying on good old fashioned British common sense" is fundamentally flawed? Glad you agree at last
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4862 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:17:17 »

Hmmm. I think the personal acceptability thing is a bit of a red herring. People going to beaches AREA doing what they’re allowed to do

I kind of see it like traffic lights and road markings. We expect government / authorities to put traffic lights in place because we (society) knows we need them

Things get better but they never get good
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4863 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:19:03 »

Also think that the pearl clutching whenever there is a group of more than 6 people is ridiculous, and we need to accept that a) the risk is low currently b) the risk of transmission outside is next to zero at the moment and c) people have been cooped up for 3 months and are going to unwind given the opportunity

Things get better but they never get good
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4864 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:19:48 »

Can't people think for themselves?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4865 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:19:53 »

That's the thing about Common Sense, it's actually quite rare.

Two States have now paused their re-opening - Texas and Arizona, the former being a real surprise given they are run by a couple of people who tied themselves to Trumps tie (it's a very long tie).

The 20m estimate is some analysis of Antibody tests I think.  Even that may be pointless as there seems to be growing evidence that immunity may only be temporary, maybe a year, maybe less.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #4866 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:20:49 »

I don't disagree re personal responsibility, but unfortunately when the governments policy is to rely on "Good Old British Common Sense" this is what is going to happen.  For every sensible person there is gonna be a knob head to whom the rules don't apply.  Looking at the beaches this week I can't think of anywhere I would want to avoid more!

God help us when the pubs re-open.  The tabloids basically encouraged everyone to go and get pissed on the 4th July the day after Boris announced they are to reopen then.  As much as I like a pint or 6 I will be steering well clear of the boozer until I am sure it is safe and sensible to be able to have a pint.  That ain't gonna be 4th July that's for sure.

No one kills a thread like me....
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #4867 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:20:56 »

Hmmm. I think the personal acceptability thing is a bit of a red herring. People going to beaches AREA doing what they’re allowed to do

I kind of see it like traffic lights and road markings. We expect government / authorities to put traffic lights in place because we (society) knows we need them

They are not doing what they are "allowed" to do. If i had travelled to Bournemouth yesterday and it was crowded i would have turned around and gone somewhere else.

People don't seem to be able to use any common sense- totally inconsiderate on the local people/police/key workers who have to manage this and clean up after everyone.

Just when is it acceptable to leave the beaches in the mess they did yesterday/get into brawls (3 stabbed i believe)

If people cannot behave then close the beaches.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4868 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:22:52 »

Also think that the pearl clutching whenever there is a group of more than 6 people is ridiculous, and we need to accept that a) the risk is low currently b) the risk of transmission outside is next to zero at the moment and c) people have been cooped up for 3 months and are going to unwind given the opportunity

I refer you to the South and West of USA for what happens when you open up a little without the virus going away.  I agree on the point that people need clear guidance and rules - in the places I mention, they were told masks are not necessary, that they can now meet in bars and restaurants so long as capacity was down a bit and can meet in larger groups outside again.  Took 4-8 weeks before the scales tipped.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4869 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:24:30 »

People don't seem to be able to use any common sense- totally inconsiderate on the local people/police/key workers who have to manage this and clean up after everyone.
Glad to see you also agree along with 4D that a policy of easing lockdown based on "basic British common sense" is a disastrous error

Just when is it acceptable to leave the beaches in the mess they did yesterday/get into brawls (3 stabbed i believe)

If people cannot behave then close the beaches.
It's almost like the behaviourial scientists who advise the govt were right when they said govt was sending the wrong signals in the rush to end lockdown too early and that this would lead to disaster. Shame the govt chose not to listen
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4870 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:30:16 »

This is further descending into bogrollgate again, social media crammed full of people moaning about it, so who is actually doing it?

The government are stuck between a rock and a hard place, albeit entirely of their own making, by his upbeat announcements earlier this week, briefings to the papers about getting out and getting pissed, cancelling the preseer they have given, deliberately possibly as a good news story detracts from all the shit they are doing, the impression that the worst is over, thus releasing the pressure from a bloody great big pressure cooker of people.

What I don't understand is that before all this, say last summer, the beaches were packed, it was busy up here in the Lakes, yet, people didn't feel the need to leave their shite everywhere after themselves - so what has changed?
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #4871 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:31:50 »

Glad to see you also agree along with 4D that a policy of easing lockdown based on "basic British common sense" is a disastrous error
It's almost like the behaviourial scientists who advise the govt were right when they said govt was sending the wrong signals in the rush to end lockdown too early and that this would lead to disaster. Shame the govt chose not to listen

This is complete and utter bollocks.

Everyone has been perfectly clear the terms of the lockdown easing, and that the virus is very much still out there. The rules on social distancing are clear- just some people are too thick to folow them.

We are moving roughly at the same pace of other countries.

If we do get a second wave it will obviously be the governments fault- its about fucking time that people started to show "common sense" because at the moment inthis country it looks to be in very short supply

No easing goes weithout any risk- just the idiots in this country seem to almost want a second wave.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4872 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:36:26 »

Anway I am getting myself down here come 4th, perhaps they could do the same at the CG.

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/18492988.biggest-beer-garden-barrow-set-launch/
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4873 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:37:50 »

This is complete and utter bollocks.

Everyone has been perfectly clear the terms of the lockdown easing, and that the virus is very much still out there. The rules on social distancing are clear- just some people are too thick to folow them.

We are moving roughly at the same pace of other countries.

If we do get a second wave it will obviously be the governments fault- its about fucking time that people started to show "common sense" because at the moment inthis country it looks to be in very short supply

No easing goes weithout any risk- just the idiots in this country seem to almost want a second wave.

I wouldn't worry, it's just the usual politically motivated suspects saying the same thing for about the millionth time.
Flashheart

« Reply #4874 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:38:06 »

Can't people think for themselves?

Evidently not.
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 324 [325] 326 327 328 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: