Pages: 1 ... 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188333 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3645 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 16:19:41 »

A couple weeks back, a mate asked me to do a mock up of the newly released government slogan. Most will know the background of the words used but they apply so incredibly accurate to the imposters we have in parliament.

Ardiles reminded me Smiley

* GovMockUp6_COI_Myke.png (129.69 KB, 615x619 - viewed 149 times.)

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #3646 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 16:21:35 »

"Inveigle"

I had to google that. I look forward to using it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3647 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 16:46:44 »

"Inveigle"

I had to google that. I look forward to using it.

It is a good 'un, not sure if it's been used/seen on the TEF before. But if you know what show those three terms come from, you'll definitely have seen it before Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #3648 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 17:21:40 »

Grant Shapps was appalling in dealing with the Cummings affair, on the National Briefing this afternoon,  trying to avoid answering, referring repeatedly to the Deputy chief scientific officer, and looking extraordinarily shifty.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3649 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 17:24:02 »

It is a good 'un, not sure if it's been used/seen on the TEF before. But if you know what show those three terms come from, you'll definitely have seen it before Smiley

TEF has been around a longish time and lots of stuff has gone on in the past.... a good thing is it is mostly retrievable.

So inveigle.....   quoting myself from 2006

I lost a bit of respect for Reeeeves, when I saw him in a drinking establishment I frequent, out with Iffy and Woan.   Not because of that, but the rough dog he was trying to inveigle himself upon in a darkened corner.....come on  I know he's no oil painting and from Birkenhead, but even old footballers should have more class and leave the rough stuff to us mere mortals.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3650 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 17:26:00 »

Just one previous recorded use of the word - by Reg 14 years ago.

Alan Reeves SIGNS ....

I lost a bit of respect for Reeeeves, when I saw him in a drinking establishment I frequent, out with Iffy and Woan.   Not because of that, but the rough dog he was trying to inveigle himself upon in a darkened corner.....come on  I know he's no oil painting and from Birkenhead, but even old footballers should have more class and leave the rough stuff to us mere mortals.

Edit: Beaten to it by the man himself!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3651 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 18:50:58 »

See Cummins was spotted numerous times out and about in Durham, flouting the rules

Also see grant shapps has said it’s up to people to decide how they follow the rules, which is a bizzare take

What an absolute incompetent bunch of idiots. How many of the cabinet could you see being competent enough to be a senior manager at your job??

Things get better but they never get good
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #3652 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 18:51:22 »

Mirror have played a blinder here.  Release the first story.  Allow all the Cabinet to come out saying Cummings had done nothing wrong.  And then release the second story.  Bravo.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/dominic-cummings-ignored-coronavirus-lockdown-22075857

Dominic Cummings ignored coronavirus lockdown rules for a second time to visit his parents more than 250 miles away, the Sunday Mirror can reveal.

Boris Johnson’s top aide was spotted with his wife in Houghall Woods near the family’s Durham home two weeks after the first sighting.

Fellow walkers said they were taken aback to see the Prime Minister’s senior official so far from London at the height of the lockdown on April 19

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3653 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 18:57:43 »

Sorry Ardiles.

I've now got this horrible image in my head of Reeeves, slobbering all over this bird, wonder if it was his missus?

I'm minded to think that was the time of protests against the running and ownership of STFC.  Why should it be there was enough fire in the bellies of some fans then, but not now  Hmmm
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3654 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 19:04:31 »

Mirror have played a blinder here.  Release the first story.  Allow all the Cabinet to come out saying Cummings had done nothing wrong.  And then release the second story.  Bravo.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/dominic-cummings-ignored-coronavirus-lockdown-22075857

Dominic Cummings ignored coronavirus lockdown rules for a second time to visit his parents more than 250 miles away, the Sunday Mirror can reveal.

Boris Johnson’s top aide was spotted with his wife in Houghall Woods near the family’s Durham home two weeks after the first sighting.

Fellow walkers said they were taken aback to see the Prime Minister’s senior official so far from London at the height of the lockdown on April 19

And for those who've missed the significance of the second shoe dropping, Gove, Sunak, Suellerman, Hancock and No 10 all today came out to defend Cummings on the grounds that he was just doing what was best to ensure his young son could be looked after (which is bullshit, but it was their line). But April 19th was after Cummings had returned to work having recovered from the virus. So even that excuse doesn't stand. He just doesn't think the rules, or the laws, apply to him. Or any of them. Classic Dom.

Ignore
« Reply #3655 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 19:05:52 »

See Cummins was spotted numerous times out and about in Durham, flouting the rules

Also see grant shapps has said it’s up to people to decide how they follow the rules, which is a bizzare take

What an absolute incompetent bunch of idiots. How many of the cabinet could you see being competent enough to be a senior manager at your job??

The first instance was inexcusable yet Tory sycophants have tried today. They will again with this too  Popcorn
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3656 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 19:17:17 »

cockroaches survive.

it's going to be buried after the initial wave of indignation. disgusting.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3657 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 20:21:21 »

Durham police now coming out to contradict No 10 lie that they didn't speak to Cummings' family by confirming they spoke to his father at his request. Lie upon lie upon lie.
Flashheart

« Reply #3658 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 20:26:16 »

The tories could settle this with an apology. Instead they choose to drag it out.

I'm not suggesting that Cummings did it deliberately as a distraction, but it may be turning out to be convenient that he did.

LOOK --- THERE'S A DEAD FUCKING CAT ON THE TABLE.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #3659 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 20:28:46 »

Durham police now coming out to contradict No 10 lie that they didn't speak to Cummings' family by confirming they spoke to his father at his request. Lie upon lie upon lie.

Do you have a link, Paul?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: