Pages: 1 ... 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188190 times)
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #3615 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 08:31:33 »

Yet another distraction.

New confirmed infections over 3,000 yesterday, around 6 times more than Italy.

Red, white and blue virus. Rule Britannia.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #3616 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 08:34:18 »

Cummings caught breaking lock-down rules.

Kuenssberg is on twitter defending him. Your licence fee pays her salary.

Also watch for the narative shift to blaming NHS staff for offing the oldies onto care homes.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3617 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 08:35:46 »

I have pitch forks and flaming torches for you all to hire. Witches ducking stool Temporarily out of stock, held up at the docks. Ran out after a run of sales relating to all Nigel Farages and Boris Johnson’s ‘crimes’. No charges and wrongful prosecutions resulted which is just as well as we cannot bring back To life a dead body. I’m not a fan of Cummings, which may surprise some of you but I’d say wait for due process before screaming like a premenstrual female.
Flashheart

« Reply #3618 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 08:41:53 »

I have pitch forks and flaming torches for you all to hire. Witches ducking stool Temporarily out of stock, held up at the docks. Ran out after a run of sales relating to all Nigel Farages and Boris Johnson’s ‘crimes’. No charges and wrongful prosecutions resulted which is just as well as we cannot bring back To life a dead body. I’m not a fan of Cummings, which may surprise some of you but I’d say wait for due process before screaming like a premenstrual female.

My problem isn't necessarilly with Cummings. He's just another of the many bellends who appears to think the rules don't apply to him.

My problem is with Kuenssberg or, more to the point, another example of clear bias from a publicly funded national broadcaster. I don't care which side of the fence you are on, it is something that should concern everybody. Next time it might be your team that's on the receiving end.  
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3619 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 08:49:46 »

It seems that the rules have changed regarding lockdown and some people seem to think coronavirus has gone away. Loads of people out and about now, and social distancing forgotten by quite a few.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #3620 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 08:59:51 »

It seems that the rules have changed regarding lockdown and some people seem to think coronavirus has gone away. Loads of people out and about now

That’s probably because the rules did change. The government allows everyone to go outside for unlimited exercise and outdoor recreation with members of your household or one other person. You can also travel to do so without any restriction on distance (in England).

It’s the government that have allowed this.

As for people ignoring social distancing; Yep - lots of cretins. Just look at the VE Day street parties and congas for starters.  The fact that the media celebrated this idiocy might well cause the hard-of-thinking to conclude the virus has gone away

Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #3621 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 09:02:33 »

My problem is with Kuenssberg or, more to the point, another example of clear bias from a publicly funded national broadcaster.

BBC News in general, and Kuenssberg in particular, have been contravening the BBC charter regards impartiality for quite some time now. Meanwhile, the DG, an Oxbridge PPE type, turns a blind eye.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #3622 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 09:02:46 »

Would love to hear your hot take if the Daily Mail had caught Corbyn breaching lockdown. And if it had been Diane Abbott I think you could have quite possibly jizzed in your own face as you scrambled for the keyboard
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #3623 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 09:03:02 »

My problem isn't necessarilly with Cummings. He's just another of the many bellends who appears to think the rules don't apply to him.

My problem is with Kuenssberg or, more to the point, another example of clear bias from a publicly funded national broadcaster. I don't care which side of the fence you are on, it is something that should concern everybody. Next time it might be your team that's on the receiving end.  

I think she might just be a truly awful journalist. She reports verbatim what no.10 have told her, then says someone else is calling for accountability and she thinks that's balance.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3624 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 09:13:55 »

Would love to hear your hot take if the Daily Mail had caught Corbyn breaching lockdown. And if it had been Diane Abbott I think you could have quite possibly jizzed in your own face as you scrambled for the keyboard

Likely moans "Ohh Cummings" when spaffing over said keyboard. Childish, I know but then the whole 'I heart Farage' rhetoric does wear thin.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3625 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 10:27:23 »

Cummings won't resign voluntarily. And Johnson won't fire him willingly. Three things you need to remember about Johnson: he's enormously lazy, he's a massive coward and he's incredibly arrogant. He can't be arsed to do the actual hard work of running the country, that's Cummings' job, he had to be forced to even do some basic prep for PMQs after two weeks of floundering. He just wants to float about and pop up occasionally when there's some good news to announce so he can boost his popularity, he has no idea how to deal with actual difficulties. Much like Trump, he's a vanity PM. So he's terrified of the prospect of losing Cummings, because he's his shield. And he doesn't think the rules apply to him or to Cummings or Gove or anyone in power, the rules are just for the little people. TBF he has ample evidence to back that up throughout his own career of sailing through all those "red lines" that would have led to immediate career end for any politician in the past. So if Cummings is forced out, it's a sign that Johnson is extremely weak and probably one more fuck-up away from Gove's next power grab. My money would be on Cummings staying because the people in power have realised now they don't even need to pretend to abide by the rules. Johnson being elected showed them that.
Valid Pint

« Reply #3626 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 10:29:32 »

Lefties in shoot at Tory tall poppy shocker.

Move on
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3627 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 10:45:11 »

No 10 now actively lying in saying that Cummings acted in line with guidelines. As a reminder these are the guidelines for what you must do if you have symptoms of Covid19

"Can I leave my home if I'm self-isolating?

If you or someone you live with has symptoms of coronavirus:

do not leave your home for any reason – if you need food or medicine, order it online or by phone, or ask someone to deliver it to your home
    do not have visitors in your home – including friends and family
    do any exercise at home – you can use your garden, if you have one"

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/what-to-do-if-you-or-someone-you-live-with-has-coronavirus-symptoms/staying-at-home-if-you-or-someone-you-live-with-has-coronavirus-symptoms/
Valid Pint

« Reply #3628 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 10:52:11 »

Is it because his advice has effectively stamped on the red threat?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3629 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 11:04:41 »

Worrying implications.  In the space of a few weeks, govt advice has gone from 'Stay at Home' to 'Stay Alert' to 'Do what the fuck you like'.

I accept that there has to be proportionality/common sense applied.  And I'm happy to admit that when our family walks have taken us past my parents' house - about a mile from ours - I've called them 5 mins before we got there to have a pavement-to-porch chat from a distance of 4 metres or so.  And I'm sure some might even disagree with even that.  But what Cummings has done is simply not within what any reasonable person would consider to be acceptable or within the rules.  Neil Ferguson went.  Catherine Calderwood went.  And Cummings must go now as well.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: