Pages: 1 ... 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188663 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3570 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 13:23:44 »

Yes he is. The longer it goes on, the more out of his depth he is. What that said to me is we'll have posted something, that may or may not work, and most certainly will be hacked within a week.

From Private Eye this week the Test and Trace Programme which leads the app is chaired by Baroness Harding (a Tory peer and wife of Tory MP John Penrose), previously she was Chief Exec of Talk Talk when the were hacked out of 4m customer log ins and bank details in 2015, so ideally suited to the job.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3571 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 13:33:30 »

if you can't do both, one has to be priority.

More evidence of Hancocks protective ring...

Transcript from BBC Radio 4, ‘File on 4’ programme

« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 13:35:33 by horlock07 » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3572 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 13:43:07 »

Nearly got chucked out of PMQ's he's losing it...

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1263065571240927232?s=20

Perhaps he needs to mind his tone?

I dont think I've disliked a politician as much since Blair, and that's hard to achieve.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3573 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 14:01:18 »

if you can't do both, one has to be priority.

Aren't the majority of care homes privately owned and owners make an absolute fortune from them?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3574 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 14:30:55 »

Aren't the majority of care homes privately owned and owners make an absolute fortune from them?
a) as a direct result of govt policy in running down the state social care sector
b) the residents are still entitled to be protected from a global pandemic
c) are you suggesting that private care home owners should have developed their own Covid19 tests and established their own testing regime to do so?
d) It was govt policy to push patients back into care homes without telling care homes that they had tested +ve or without testing them at all so that they could claim they'd protected the NHS. Which is the root cause of much of the deaths

I'm not necessarily a big fan of the private care home sector but the massive wave of deaths in that sector is a direct result of govt's failure to prepare and then trying to sweep the problem under the care home carpet.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #3575 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 16:07:07 »

I am trying to watch the daily briefing and stay calm. 

Big question came into my mind is "where the fuck are they getting these fuckwits from to stand there and read this shit"? Who the fuck is Oliver Dowden?  My lad suggested that they are getting out of work actors in, bunging them a script and saying "you're on!" - I think he might be onto something

No one kills a thread like me....
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3576 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 16:19:54 »

I am trying to watch the daily briefing and stay calm. 

Big question came into my mind is "where the fuck are they getting these fuckwits from to stand there and read this shit"? Who the fuck is Oliver Dowden?  My lad suggested that they are getting out of work actors in, bunging them a script and saying "you're on!" - I think he might be onto something

He is the man that the people of Hertsmere have voted as their MP since 2015.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Dowden
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #3577 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 16:23:21 »

Thank you.  Note to self - avoid Hertsmere at all costs.

No one kills a thread like me....
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #3578 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 16:59:34 »

My view is that the Government (and its supporters) is taking the "care home fatcats" should have been able to obtain their own PPE to deflect it from the criticism it is facing with regard to the lack of protevction afforded to care homes.

A bit rich from the private sector-loving party.

Governments of both hues have failed to address adult social care because they see it as too difficult and not a one term issue.

The system is essentially a hybrid of private care and means-tested care via the State.

Although the fees seem high, care home operators are rightly subject to very high standards.  Some care homes that manage to attract 90-100% of privately paying patients are actually both profitable and efficient.  Nothing wrong with that but a sort of U.S. private model.

Others, who have a mix of residents, privately funded and local authority funded struggle to maintain the high standards (not usually through lack of dedication) because the local authority pays the care home so little.  There have been insolvencies and there will likely be more (especially where there have been deaths as people are understandably reluctant to take up beds in care homes just now).  

Here in Surrey, local authorities might pay about £35,000 p.a. ++ against a private rate of £65,000 p.a. ++ or more. Privately funded residents are effectively subsidising means-tested residents.

The local authorities rely on Council Tax and or Govt grants to fund care but the local authorities get the rap for raising Council Tax.  Or the Care Homes get it when their systems falter because of their depleted income.

With a growing elderly demographic, Governments just keep kicking this can down the road because no one, not the residents (or their children sometimes in line to inherit) and not taxpayers in general really want to pay for the care.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 17:11:07 by RedRag » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3579 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 07:36:12 »

With a growing elderly demographic, Governments just keep kicking this can down the road because no one, not the residents (or their children sometimes in line to inherit) and not taxpayers in general really want to pay for the care.
Indeed, although there are suggestions this morning that the govt intends to take steps to tackle the issue finally. Although remember Cameron's coalition govt actually had legislation passed but bottled out enacting it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52748652

And of course while this might provide the long-needed reforms, it will do nothing to tackle the immediate wave of death in care homes
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3580 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 08:24:16 »

Thank you.  Note to self - avoid Hertsmere at all costs.

Someone else quite likes him...

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3581 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 08:25:26 »

Indeed, although there are suggestions this morning that the govt intends to take steps to tackle the issue finally. Although remember Cameron's coalition govt actually had legislation passed but bottled out enacting it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52748652

And of course while this might provide the long-needed reforms, it will do nothing to tackle the immediate wave of death in care homes

Wasn't May looking at something, what was branded the Dementia Tax??

This is horrendous https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1263219921124720640?s=20
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3582 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 10:03:02 »

Sippo, you should have a look at this, does a very good job of explaining in human terms the systemic failures in the care home system. And the report he did for Newsnight:

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3583 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 10:07:51 »

Having seen who has been drafted in as second in command to help put in the test and trace capability I’ve got zero faith that it will ever work effectively

https://www.ft.com/content/829deed8-82d0-4a94-8522-fb7b7883f772

Things get better but they never get good
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3584 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 12:02:24 »

Of course it won't. B&B. Bodgers and bluffers all of them.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: