Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1206220 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1680 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 15:41:04 »

NHS have apparently been in touch with a medical fetish site and had all their supplies of gloves and masks. Would be funny except for how clear it makes it how desperate the situation is for getting even a pretence of protective equipment to frontline NHS staff

https://twitter.com/MedFet_UK/status/1243590308878848002

We had months to prepare for this in January and Feburary. NHS staff are being used as cannon fodder

Blatantly fake.

People don’t realise that the face masks and gloves do not make a difference. The blue masks the general public are using don’t stop you getting the virus. If anything they stop you spreading it.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #1681 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 15:46:25 »

Blatantly fake.

People don’t realise that the face masks and gloves do not make a difference. The blue masks the general public are using don’t stop you getting the virus. If anything they stop you spreading it.

Is The Lancet article fake too?

It's All Good..............
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1682 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 15:49:10 »

Which article is that?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1683 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 15:51:05 »

I heard on a program this week that the countries with the highest death rates from this are the countries with the higher proportion of heavy smokers. China, Italy, Spain, Indonesia, USA, France, Iran etc.

If ever there was a reason to give up......

Even if it is closing the gate after the horse has bolted.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1684 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 18:06:15 »

Can see some correlation there PV but I'm not fully convinced...

Indonesia has about 90 deaths
Turkey 75 deaths
Paraguay 3 deaths
Uruguay 0 deaths c250 cases

I highlight Uruguay because it's internationally recognised as a place where smoking is actively encouraged in the young by Big Tobacco. Bloomberg has been trying to sue them for their "advertising standards" over there - using his own money. He's been trying to do so for at least 10 years as much as I know.

But all of those above have high smoking rates so I guess like anything, it's a usual matter of extracting the data they want to develop on; in order to produce the story/findings they want to lead us to.

In any case - always a good time for anyone to quit.

On Covid-19, I'd say Netherlands must be panicking. They have c9.75k cases with c700 deaths. UK has c17k cases with c1k deaths. Belgium interestingly as their next door neighbours have c7.5k cases with c300 deaths. Netherlands having a population of around 17.5m puts their D per 1m P (Death per 1m pop.) at 40. UKs is 15 (based on 1020d/68m).

Which leads back round to smoking. Of course we know there are a lot of smokers (herbal) in the Netherlands.

I do wonder if social stereotyping has a role to play here too. The Dutch are very "free" open, relaxed and friendly, Italians are very touchy feely etc. The Spanish (esp in the South) are very accepting. Germans tend to know and respect personal space a bit more. I'm not saying everyone from those countries behave that way but if there's a trend, this social one may be a factor?  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1685 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 18:08:42 »

Italy and Spain are Catholic. They have big families that are close to each other .

That's my take with absolutely no research whatsoever to back it up
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1686 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 18:17:27 »

Italy and Spain are Catholic. They have big families that are close to each other .

That's my take with absolutely no research whatsoever to back it up

Hence "social stereotyping" in my post above Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #1687 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 18:50:48 »

Can see some correlation there PV but I'm not fully convinced...

Indonesia has about 90 deaths
Turkey 75 deaths
Paraguay 3 deaths
Uruguay 0 deaths c250 cases

I highlight Uruguay because it's internationally recognised as a place where smoking is actively encouraged in the young by Big Tobacco. Bloomberg has been trying to sue them for their "advertising standards" over there - using his own money. He's been trying to do so for at least 10 years as much as I know.

But all of those above have high smoking rates so I guess like anything, it's a usual matter of extracting the data they want to develop on; in order to produce the story/findings they want to lead us to.

In any case - always a good time for anyone to quit.

On Covid-19, I'd say Netherlands must be panicking. They have c9.75k cases with c700 deaths. UK has c17k cases with c1k deaths. Belgium interestingly as their next door neighbours have c7.5k cases with c300 deaths. Netherlands having a population of around 17.5m puts their D per 1m P (Death per 1m pop.) at 40. UKs is 15 (based on 1020d/68m).

Which leads back round to smoking. Of course we know there are a lot of smokers (herbal) in the Netherlands.

I do wonder if social stereotyping has a role to play here too. The Dutch are very "free" open, relaxed and friendly, Italians are very touchy feely etc. The Spanish (esp in the South) are very accepting. Germans tend to know and respect personal space a bit more. I'm not saying everyone from those countries behave that way but if there's a trend, this social one may be a factor?  Hmmm

The variations in the amount of testing(and in some cases the honesty of the reporting) make comparisons between countries in death rates pretty much pointless.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 19:27:29 by Richie Wellen-Dowd » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1688 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 19:37:21 »

Bamboo in pointless post shocker  Smiley
REDBUCK

« Reply #1689 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 19:48:59 »

The variations in the amount of testing(and in some cases the honesty of the reporting) make comparisons between countries in death rates pretty much pointless.

As has been explained many times by the scientist but it doesn't stop people doing it.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1690 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 19:54:36 »

Bamboo in pointless post shocker  Smiley

Without Ill informed commentary, this forum would cease to exist.

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1691 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 19:57:36 »

I can only use the data that is available i'm afraid.

The point still stands that social stereotypying and behaviours, Nation to Nation could well be ONE factor in spread of cases. I don't know if there is a study in progress but from the outset there is a trend naturally where communities/families tend to spend more time together.

The UK isn't so "close" with one another nationally. In fact this whole self-isolating thing should be a walk in the park for many. In our modern society not many fuckers spend time talking to random people or helping a neighbour. We had started to live a more mundane/isolatory/i'm alright Jack style of life for several years now and something like Brexit (regardless of choice) divided us further.

Our larger Cities will of course see the brunt of cases, especially nodnoL, Brum, Manc & Liv. Unfortunately the more pop per sqm (some 9m in Greater London alone) comes with it more deaths, naturally Sad

Metropolis of the 4 Cities stated above account for c26m people, that's around 40% of the UK population in those areas alone. If there are any trends you want to follow, be thankful if you live in a quieter Town or Village. Would not want to be anywhere near London right now and I think of my friends (and TEFers) who do live there.

'Incessant Nonsense'

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #1692 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 20:02:05 »

The line to notice on those images being released is the bottom one

" of those hospitalised "

Implying only those who die in hospital are officially counted as only hospitalised are tested.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1693 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 20:14:49 »

A fella that, thankfully, recovered from being seriously ill with the virus showed signs when he attended the League Cup Final.

Just shows how easy it has been for this fucking thing to spread exponentially.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #1694 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 20:29:31 »

So that gives us 0.84% (of the tested cases to reported deaths) and if we factor all potential/unreported/unknown UK cases by upto 10x it pushes it to 0.084% (cases to reported deaths).

It's not nice to be number crunching live death data at all but it is important all the same.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: