Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188311 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #1530 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 10:52:31 »

What type of workers are they delivering food to Barry?
Is your wife still having to work?

Call centre staff and other people within Barclays. Don't know what the rest do I'm afraid.

She is still working, but she spends most of her time (at the moment) in the office as there's now no restaurant for her to manage. She's also outright told managers above her she won't be leaving her site to do any of this pointless shit they've found for the minimum wage staff.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1531 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 11:05:21 »

Need to say something positive as I've only been doom and gloom lately.
 Been down to liden shops to return train tickets at the post office. Very strict there with people only allowed in when told to enter. Sanitizer and gloves available too. Staff very conscientious and giving clear instructions. Stay back etc.

I did first proper food shop for a week or so this morning.

Totally different experience from a week ago. Tesco only letting certain amount in the store at once, queuing outside at 2 metre intervals. All very civil, nobody moaning, I sensed a certain degree of community spirit.

There does seem to be a tendency to focus on stories relating to the actions of a minority of dickheads who think they are above the rules. Shit loads of good examples of the community spirit in action going on at the moment.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1532 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 11:05:33 »

There's talk of a load of staff being sent to Liverpool now. Again all going there and back in a fucking minibus. The bosses are cunts.
Fucking imbeciles.

I know he's a cunt, but Piers Morgan has a bee in his bonnet on this kind of pointless work. May be worth twittering him...

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1242439584425947136?s=19
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1533 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 11:10:59 »

Fucking imbeciles.

I know he's a cunt, but Piers Morgan has a bee in his bonnet on this kind of pointless work. May be worth twittering him...

Annoyingly Piers Morgan has been saying some very sensible stuff on Twitter and actually using his platform positively for once. *he says through gritted teeth*

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1534 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 11:12:24 »

I don’t think it’s dawned on a lot of people just what the long term will be. I’m sure a lot think it’s just like staying indoors whilst a terrible storm is passing outside - when it’s gone it’ll be safe to go outside again.

This lockdown doesn’t stop people getting the virus - it just stops them getting it now.

They reckon, eventually, 80% of the population will contract the virus at some time as restrictions are lifted.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #1535 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 11:26:23 »

Call centre staff and other people within Barclays. Don't know what the rest do I'm afraid.

She is still working, but she spends most of her time (at the moment) in the office as there's now no restaurant for her to manage. She's also outright told managers above her she won't be leaving her site to do any of this pointless shit they've found for the minimum wage staff.

The Government has now published supplementary guidance which waters down the strict prohibition in the actual Regulations. It says:

Cafés and canteens at hospitals, police and fire service places of work, care homes or schools; prison and military canteens; services providing food or drink to the homeless.  (Can remain open)

Where there are no practical alternatives, other workplace canteens can remain open to provide food for their staff and/or provide a space for breaks. However, where possible, staff should be encouraged to bring their own food, and distributors should move to takeaway. Measures should be taken to minimise the number of people in the canteen / break space at any one given time, for example by using a rota.

There’s now enough grey area for some employers to exploit should they choose to. As you said the other day, surely bank staff can bring their own pack lunch.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #1536 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 11:28:07 »

I don’t think it’s dawned on a lot of people just what the long term will be. I’m sure a lot think it’s just like staying indoors whilst a terrible storm is passing outside - when it’s gone it’ll be safe to go outside again.

This lockdown doesn’t stop people getting the virus - it just stops them getting it now.

They reckon, eventually, 80% of the population will contract the virus at some time as restrictions are lifted.

I had the same thought. Until a vaccine is developed, how are older people and those with health risks going to be able to leave the house with any confidence.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1537 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 11:32:06 »

And who is going to get any vaccine first. The old? The already ill?

The cost of the lockdown will be mitigated by letting the old and ill take their chances. Less pensions, less social care, less strain on the NHS.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1538 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 11:40:26 »

The cost of the lockdown will be mitigated by letting the old and ill take their chances. Less pensions, less social care, less strain on the NHS.
I am guessing that if there is a vaccine then the health care workers and those deemed in the highest risk from the disease will be first, followed by the other emegency services then the old and everyone else followed on afterwards.

Just my probably ill educated guess.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1539 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 11:42:04 »

Just plain evil.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-52048308

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #1540 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 12:17:18 »

Vacines don't work if you already have it?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1541 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 12:21:55 »

Vacines don't work if you already have it?
Indeed, its a vaccine not a remedy, prevention rather than cure.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #1542 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 12:55:50 »

Interesting.

https://news.sky.com/story/royal-navy-shadows-russian-warships-after-high-levels-of-activity-in-channel-and-north-sea-11963865

mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #1543 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 13:02:20 »

What that doesn’t say Is thats what happened 7 days ago!
Flashheart

« Reply #1544 on: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 13:08:42 »

There might be higher levels of activity than usual, according to the article, but other than that this happens all the time. It has done for years.

The press also likes to get in a tizz from time to time when our jets have to intercept Russian bombers. Again, it happens all the time. They even wave to each other.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: