Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188347 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1395 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 11:24:10 »

Im trying not to get involved with pointless shouting about the rights and wrongs of all this.  My opinion has been expressed.  But just one other point.  There's 20k less coppers.  A load less healthcare staff.  Austerity planned for us getting by when times were ok.  Now we're in a crisis and it's going the deaths that austerity contributes to are going to be a lot more obvious.

Never knowingly overstated.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1396 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 11:43:21 »

I can't see how that's contraversial Sax
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1397 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 11:54:23 »

Perhaps some of the blame should be focused on the idiots casually carrying on and ignoring this situation. There's a lot of fuckwits about.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #1398 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 11:54:48 »

I don't think the government have used strong enough rhetoric. I am not hugely political and would feel this way if Blue, Red, Yellow, Green etc were in charge using the words that I've listened to in recent weeks.

I've adhered to the advice but the tone and wording has seemed, to me, quite wishy-washy at times with 'try and avoid' instead of 'DO NOT DO THIS'. The general public need this sort of stuff hammered home otherwise they're off to Snowdonia, their second homes in Cornwall or the Isle of Wight or on the nearest beach.

Ultimately, the saddest thing is that this situation should be uniting the nation but, as always, about point scoring and us vs. them.

Stay safe and don't be a dick.

Great post.  
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #1399 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 12:16:40 »

Perhaps some of the blame should be focused on the idiots casually carrying on and ignoring this situation. There's a lot of fuckwits about.

Given Corona beer is less than half price right now because it’s the only brand people aren’t buying, I think that’s proven!

Some people believe that a Government’s job is to protect people from their own damaging behaviour. Others don’t agree with this to the same degree. Others actively criticise any intervention as “Nanny State”.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #1400 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 12:20:15 »

Right, this is now completely fucking mental. Off the fucking scale stupid. The people in ISS, who my missus works for, are like the idiots in parks and Snowdon. (She works in a restaurant And is expected to work, in case you don’t read above.)

• Few of the staff are self-isolating - many are dicks who think it’s pointless
  • The bosses (who are self isolating and remote) are giving orders
  • The staff on my missus’s site are expected to cover for staffing shortages at other sites. They get there driven in a small minibus with the driver who’s a manager and thinks Corona Virus is a big joke and hasn’t changed anything in his life
  • Some of them are going to other sites today and “handing out” yes, fucking handing out, free sandwiches - they’ve been told to do this. They’re not dropping them off, but going to their sites specifically to do this face to face
  • On my Missus site, to encourage people to the restaurants, the food is now free. They’ve been told everyone has to hand it out
  • On top of this there are self-serve coffee machines and fridges with food in, more contact points than you can shake a stick at

THIS IS FUCKING INSANE - HOW IS THIS ALLOWED?!

Why should the bosses be deciding to jeopardise her (and the others staff’s) health while they do fuck all? Is there anything she can do about this? It’s literally making her sick with anxiety.

According to the Regulations, staff canteens (except for hospitals, care homes or schools), should have been shut from Saturday as per pubs etc.

Those managers keeping it open and instructing your wife to work committed a criminal offence.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #1401 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 12:21:56 »

See schedule Part 1
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/327/made
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #1402 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 12:39:57 »

Speaking with some people at work yesterday and a couple of them think this is all for nothing, there's no real risk so they're carrying on as normal outside of work. You've either got to be stupid or wilfully ignorant to not see what's coming...

We finally got offered gloves and masks at work last night as well, there's some hand gel that's appeared in the mail centre as well.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1403 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 12:41:39 »

fucking hell
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #1404 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 12:46:26 »

Fucking hell indeed.

Spain  and Italy over 100,000 cases and 10,000 dead
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1405 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 12:48:33 »

Fucking hell indeed.

Spain  and Italy over 100,000 cases and 10,000 dead

And that's with social distancing and lockdown Sad
Flashheart

« Reply #1406 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 12:51:35 »

Idiots are dangerous.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1407 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 12:58:09 »

What it needs is some sense of it being close to home, and how ridiculous the speed of infection is vs. those other viruses people are comparing it to, like flu.

"Bodies of Covid-19 victims are now being delivered to an ice rink that is being used as a temporary morgue in Madrid."

Stuff like that would probably ram it home a little.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1408 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 13:00:23 »

Also, Itallian officials believe there are probably 10 times the number of infected people than they have officially recorded - the impact of reaching breaking point and only focusing on the ill.  That would mean they estimate over 600k infected.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1409 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 13:06:35 »

This is what we're up against.

https://twitter.com/Lilliemaenot/status/1242410885236260864?s=08
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: