Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188209 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1320 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 18:07:01 »

So, how does this thing end? How do things get back to normal? Countries will all get back in control at different times. Surely there won’t just come a day when governments don’t just say ‘OK, get back to normal’

I think I mentioned in a previous post how we don;t seem to have people planning for that situation yet, which makes it so obvious that we didn't really have effective Pandemic plans in place - because we were constantly reacting rather than pointing to the next action in the plan.  That's not a criticism - every country is doing the same.

We have enough cautionary tales around us though, and now we have a few places showing what happens when you do try to get back to normal:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/asia/hong-kong-coronavirus-quarantine-intl-hnk/index.html

The three major pandemics in the 20th Century all had at least two distinct waves of infection and deaths.

On the positive side, we did return to normal after all three, eventually.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1321 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 18:28:10 »

Yes that was my experience.  Better than at the weekend.  Clearly not being repeated everywhere however.

You're Reading as well right?

Actually think it's been sensible here, compating to what seems to be national levels.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1322 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 18:31:38 »

Quote from: Arriba
I've just driven through Wednesbury. Kids out playing, families out together. You'd think it was just a day off school for them. Roads busy too. We desperately need a lockdown today.

families living in same house going out was as per given advice, with precautions.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #1323 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 18:36:22 »

You're Reading as well right?

Actually think it's been sensible here, compating to what seems to be national levels.

Yes I am.  I was walking through Christchurch Meadows, between Caversham Bridge & Reading bridge.

There clearly are some appalling examples everywhere but I'm hoping that it's better than it seems on the basis that people tend to report the bad incidents because they're more newsworthy.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1324 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 18:36:37 »

I don’t know what it is - no, that’s not true, I know exactly what it is - but this whole crisis has rapidly got me down.

Sure, we’re pretty safe here in Kefalonia, but I watch the news and see people lying on the floor of a Madrid hospital coughing their guts up and even being, historically, a cynical old cunt, I find myself fighting back the tears.

I’m going to find this a personal struggle.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #1325 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 18:45:37 »

I don’t know what it is - no, that’s not true, I know exactly what it is - but this whole crisis has rapidly got me down.

Sure, we’re pretty safe here in Kefalonia, but I watch the news and see people lying on the floor of a Madrid hospital coughing their guts up and even being, historically, a cynical old cunt, I find myself fighting back the tears.

I’m going to find this a personal struggle.

You’re just being human. I’ve felt anxious and panicked. I’ve joined in with frivolous jokes and wisecracks. And I’ve also shed a few tears.

The best advice I’ve had so far is to tell yourself “I don’t know” every time your brain tries to ask you a question about what’s going to happen. Because you don’t know. No one knows.
But right now, in this actual present moment, you are safe. Keep on mitigating the risks and staying in the present moment.

I know it’s all easier said than done. But it has helped me. And I hope it helps others.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1326 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 19:02:20 »

It's amazing how quickly you miss your boring, humdrum, stressful everyday life. I want it back - we all do🙁
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1327 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 19:12:55 »

Makes you wonder if they are actually still working to the "herd immunity" strategy:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-govt-hasnt-run-ads-on-pandemic-from-official-social-media-accounts-11962386

Let's face it, the messaging so far hasn't worked so why not use the offer of free ads on Facebook etc to get the message across? The govt know it works, it's what won them the referendum campaign and won Johnson the election. They know it's highly effective. So why not use it now?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1328 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 20:05:05 »

Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #1329 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 20:17:03 »

families living in same house going out was as per given advice, with precautions.

It was families with other families by the looks of it. Groups. All close together.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1330 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 20:19:10 »

Quote from: Arriba
It was families with other families by the looks of it. Groups. All close together.
ah. quite different
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1331 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 20:19:34 »

Boris time
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1332 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 20:20:57 »

lockdown confirmed.

only allowed out for
 shopping.. essentials
 1 form of exercise a day
 medical need.
 traveling two and from work if absolutely       necessary

fines can be dished out.
all shops shut except food.
no weddings, religious gathering.
no gatherings of more than 2 people, other than people from same household

Ignore
« Reply #1333 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 20:27:58 »

Need clear definition of what is necessary work.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1334 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 20:33:15 »

Need clear definition of what is necessary work.

This
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: