Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188432 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1260 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 11:24:58 »

Nope. They think that it's the schools responsibility. It's not.

The school situation is scary. It's like a school holidays with limited staff in. Although one of our primary schools has 50 kids in.

Mrs B has 30 in, so were orignally holding 2 classes but I guess that may expand with increased social distancing. The current rota has teachers and TAs working 2 days a week
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #1261 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 11:28:14 »

I honestly don't think a lock-down is the way to go. Some people have legitimate reasons to have to be out and about, people just need to be sensible. If that mean, police/army patrols to stop the idiots going to the beach or kids congregating at the park then so be it, but full on lock-down is too excessive.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1262 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 11:30:04 »

I disagree Chubbs. People aren't being sensible. If lockdown occurs, those that need to go out can. They just need to follow process.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1263 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 11:31:32 »

I disagree Chubbs. People aren't being sensible. If lockdown occurs, those that need to go out can. They just need to follow process.
I agree, lockdown is the only way forward in my opinion.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #1264 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 11:31:39 »

What's paranoid today becomes sensible tomorrow.

I have even wondered whether I would be better sleeping in the spare room - on the basis that it would be really unhelpful if my wife and I were both infected at the same time.

Tbf, she would probably approve such a move, coronavirus or not  Smiley
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1265 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 11:34:10 »

What would a lockdown mean though? Keyworkers to still go out I suppose. Allowed out for shopping/essentials?

How would it be policed? Could it be policed?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Barry Scott

« Reply #1266 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 12:09:29 »

My Missus' anxiety over came her nice side quite quickly in the end and she became a massive irritant at work. She started making sure, loudly, that everyone kept their distance and emailed a big boss explaining they have a duty of care to staff and it's unacceptable for them to be putting staff in harms way.

After a few hours someone higher up offered her to go home, afraid that it was because they just wanted her influence out of the way, she refused. Over the course of the next few hours they've sent most the staff home and might well be shutting up shop. About fucking time those idiots saw sense . Yay woman.

Barry, is there a recognised Union at her workplace? even if not a member this should be first port of call. If there isn't a Union then no time like the present to join one and encourage her colleagues to do the same.  

https://www.tuc.org.uk/about-unions/find-union-you

There's not. But I've spoken to ACAS and, as mentioned above, I think they've seen sense. I believe they're just hoping to delay the business going down the pan, because without doubt ISS is going under soon enough imo. (Corona or not.)
Flashheart

« Reply #1267 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 12:25:27 »

One lady on twitter filmed NHS stuff getting grief from other people when they were trying to get their shopping done. Even being prevented from entering the shop. Apparently they were accused of being entitled.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #1268 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 12:29:49 »

One lady on twitter filmed NHS stuff getting grief from other people when they were trying to get their shopping done. Even being prevented from entering the shop. Apparently they were accused of being entitled.

Haha surprises me not and yes they should be entitled at the mo.
On the frontline.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1269 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 12:34:52 »

Time for Boris to "order it" not to "advise it".

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1270 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 12:35:40 »

Crazy,   what is the matter with people ?,   NHS workers deserve priority and respect,  bet a lot of these moaners/stockpilers wouldn't have the bollocks to do the work these heroes do.  They do long shifts,  they need to eat and many cannot get to the shops during 'busy periods'.
We all moan about the NHS at different times,  but fuck, these people deserve medals not the shit they are getting from some selfish knobheads.
Hero's every one in my opinion.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1271 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 12:37:53 »

It's no wonder I have a dislike for people when there are so many knobheads in this country.  Smiley
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1272 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 12:39:57 »

It's no wonder I have a dislike for people when there are so many knobheads in this country.  Smiley
Rather have a good dog, at least they do as they're told.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Flashheart

« Reply #1273 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 12:48:32 »

Time for Boris to "order it" not to "advise it".

Yep.

And have the army support the police if needed.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1274 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 12:50:50 »

The new anthem. Enjoy.  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: