Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188336 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1245 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 10:27:39 »

One member of the public has emailed one of our schools telling us that kids are congregating at the skate park. Ok. What is the school supposed to do about that? Yes there is a duty of care, but parents need to be more repsonsible.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Panda Paws

« Reply #1246 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 10:28:48 »

One member of the public has emailed one of our schools telling us that kids are congregating at the skate park. Ok. What is the school supposed to do about that? Yes there is a duty of care, but parents need to be more repsonsible.

Fuck all to do with the school - as if they don't have better things to be doing.

Will be a police matter by the end of the week.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1247 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 10:29:13 »

Perhaps their line of thinking is as the school you have a database of contact details for all the parents and could send out a blanket communication?

Ok, it’s an assumption on my part but fairly logical imo
Flashheart

« Reply #1248 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 10:30:02 »

Does it not seem a bit convenient that after a weekend of huge swathes of people ignoring advice that suddenly young people are now in fact vulnerable, when they weren't before? I believe the nurse on Friday was propaganda and I believe this is too. Propaganda trying to achieve something useful, admittedly.

And before you jump all over me - yes I know it's serious, I'm taking it seriously and I think a lot of people aren't (and they're fucking selfish for behaving this way) but the scaremongering machine seems to be out in full force. Most people who get the virus are absolutely fine.

It's not a new development. Similar stories have been coming out of China and Italy for weeks.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1249 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 10:30:16 »

Although if they are going to ignore all the other advice not sure I communication from a school will get through
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1250 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 10:30:33 »

Nope. They think that it's the schools responsibility. It's not.

The school situation is scary. It's like a school holidays with limited staff in. Although one of our primary schools has 50 kids in.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1251 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 10:54:55 »

Does anyone think we'll go into lockdown?

I have been saying to friends and acquaintances for over a week this was going to happen. So that’s a big yes from me.

Ignore
« Reply #1252 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 11:11:20 »

Tonight has to be the night to lockdown. It's long overdue but all advice as usual is being ignored. The British public are fucking idiot's
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #1253 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 11:14:12 »

Right, this is now completely fucking mental. Off the fucking scale stupid. The people in ISS, who my missus works for, are like the idiots in parks and Snowdon. (She works in a restaurant And is expected to work, in case you don’t read above.)

• Few of the staff are self-isolating - many are dicks who think it’s pointless
  • The bosses (who are self isolating and remote) are giving orders
  • The staff on my missus’s site are expected to cover for staffing shortages at other sites. They get there driven in a small minibus with the driver who’s a manager and thinks Corona Virus is a big joke and hasn’t changed anything in his life
  • Some of them are going to other sites today and “handing out” yes, fucking handing out, free sandwiches - they’ve been told to do this. They’re not dropping them off, but going to their sites specifically to do this face to face
  • On my Missus site, to encourage people to the restaurants, the food is now free. They’ve been told everyone has to hand it out
  • On top of this there are self-serve coffee machines and fridges with food in, more contact points than you can shake a stick at

THIS IS FUCKING INSANE - HOW IS THIS ALLOWED?!

Why should the bosses be deciding to jeopardise her (and the others staff’s) health while they do fuck all? Is there anything she can do about this? It’s literally making her sick with anxiety.

Barry, is there a recognised Union at her workplace? even if not a member this should be first port of call. If there isn't a Union then no time like the present to join one and encourage her colleagues to do the same. 

https://www.tuc.org.uk/about-unions/find-union-you
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1254 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 11:15:00 »

I have been saying the same, it will be lockdown before Friday I am certain of that, and it could be as early as tomorrow, this is escalating so far and as Arriba says, the British public are essentially in the main idiotic morons.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #1255 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 11:15:32 »

If this isn't a wake up call for the pillocks who are just blatantly ignoring govt advice then nothing is going to be.

You're presuming the 'pillocks' keep themselves informed by watching this sort of stuff, but they don't.

Had to back away from a neighbour earlier, he works nights for Royal Mail, who persisted on getting up close and personal to share his wisdom, and ended up in the hedge. He actually looked puzzled when I asked what the hell was he doing.
Flashheart

« Reply #1256 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 11:16:17 »

The supermarkets open an hour early for NHS workers and vulnerable people only.

Do the rest honor that? Do they fuck. It needs to be locked down. Fines and/or prison sentences for people that are our unnecessarily. I'm not sure how you'd stop the mass panic buying though. Clamp down on how much people can buy as well.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #1257 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 11:17:18 »

My partner is 22 weeks pregnant, and work has told her to stay at home for 12 weeks to stay isolated. By my logic, to keep her chances of getting ill at a minimum, I should stay off too, otherwise I risk bringing it into our home and thus defeating the object. Does that make sense, as my employer has no policy or idea on this.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1258 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 11:19:25 »

The supermarkets open an hour early for NHS workers and vulnerable people only.

Do the rest honor that? Do they fuck. It needs to be locked down. Fines and/or prison sentences for people that are our unnecessarily. I'm not sure how you'd stop the mass panic buying though. Clamp down on how much people can buy as well.

Maybe Boris should try reverse logic and tell people to go out and congregate in vast numbers and than panic buying is very much what should be done at this juncture, especially buying as much toilet roll as you can physically fit on your house.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #1259 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 11:22:25 »

My partner is 22 weeks pregnant, and work has told her to stay at home for 12 weeks to stay isolated. By my logic, to keep her chances of getting ill at a minimum, I should stay off too, otherwise I risk bringing it into our home and thus defeating the object. Does that make sense, as my employer has no policy or idea on this.

A real tough one. If you're able to, work from home, and if not, keep clear of each other and keep everything clean. Essential that you follow current guidance whenever you enter your home. Good luck.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: