Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1195313 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1230 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 08:59:24 »

Quote from: 4D
Does anyone think we'll go into lockdown?

yes. people can't do as they're asked
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1231 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 09:04:24 »

Yep, by tomorrow at the latest I think.

Boris basically gave a last warning yesterday, behave or you will be punished
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1232 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 09:14:50 »

There was a report on the local news this morning saying that some ambulances in Kent had been vandalised (we're getting joint London and South East News at the moment) overnight.

You can always rely on the people of this country to raise the absolute fucking stupidity stakes.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #1233 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 09:16:52 »

There was a report on the local news this morning saying that some ambulances in Kent had been vandalised (we're getting joint London and South East News at the moment) overnight.

You can always rely on the people of this country to raise the absolute fucking stupidity stakes.

6 ambulances apparently.
In a separate incident Kent police had a car damaged too.

Wonder what goes on in some peoples heads.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1234 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 09:19:50 »

6 ambulances apparently.
In a separate incident Kent police had a car damaged too.

Wonder what goes on in some peoples heads.

Unfortunately nothing Wooly sadly. I just don't get it at all. Sad

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
woolster

« Reply #1235 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 09:26:27 »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1241876775896076298
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1236 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 09:33:52 »

36 year old nurse with no underlying health issues in intensive care on ventilator in Walsall.
This could potentially wipe many of us out.
Dr Rosena Allin-Khan, MP and A&E Doctor was on radio this morning saying they're seeing increasing amounts of previously healthy 30 and 40 year olds seriously ill in intensive care with COVID-19. There's no "safe groups" for this thing
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1237 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 09:39:20 »

Dr Rosena Allin-Khan, MP and A&E Doctor was on radio this morning saying they're seeing increasing amounts of previously healthy 30 and 40 year olds seriously ill in intensive care with COVID-19. There's no "safe groups" for this thing

If this isn't a wake up call for the pillocks who are just blatantly ignoring govt advice then nothing is going to be.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1238 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 09:42:48 »

If this isn't a wake up call for the pillocks who are just blatantly ignoring govt advice then nothing is going to be.
For some it won't be a wake up call until its far far too late I am afraid to say, so many people, especially the younger previously less at risk group, with a blasé attitude to it all.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1239 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 09:45:08 »

For some it won't be a wake up call until its far far too late I am afraid to say, so many people, especially the younger previously less at risk group, with a blasé attitude to it all.

Absolutely. You can imagine if they are told that they are responsible for the deaths of XX people that they would just shrug their shoulders.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1240 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 09:47:48 »

Absolutely. You can imagine if they are told that they are responsible for the deaths of XX people that they would just shrug their shoulders.
So so sad and yes very true.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1241 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 10:17:51 »

I was following a white van this morning, some clever dick had wiped into the rear door "No toilet rolls are left in this van overnight"
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1242 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 10:19:12 »

Does it not seem a bit convenient that after a weekend of huge swathes of people ignoring advice that suddenly young people are now in fact vulnerable, when they weren't before? I believe the nurse on Friday was propaganda and I believe this is too. Propaganda trying to achieve something useful, admittedly.

And before you jump all over me - yes I know it's serious, I'm taking it seriously and I think a lot of people aren't (and they're fucking selfish for behaving this way) but the scaremongering machine seems to be out in full force. Most people who get the virus are absolutely fine.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1243 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 10:25:52 »

Does it not seem a bit convenient that after a weekend of huge swathes of people ignoring advice that suddenly young people are now in fact vulnerable, when they weren't before? I believe the nurse on Friday was propaganda and I believe this is too. Propaganda trying to achieve something useful, admittedly.

And before you jump all over me - yes I know it's serious, I'm taking it seriously and I think a lot of people aren't (and they're fucking selfish for behaving this way) but the scaremongering machine seems to be out in full force. Most people who get the virus are absolutely fine.

You may well be right. But maybe some people need scaring into doing the right thing. Appealing to their common sense, intelligence and sense of public good doesn't seem to be working for some people. Presumably because they lack all 3.
Panda Paws

« Reply #1244 on: Monday, March 23, 2020, 10:26:56 »

I'm aware of two cases - a friend's brother and a friend's niece - where completely healthy young people are in a serious condition in hospital with this, one critical

It can kill anyone. It's less likely, but it can.

Me and wife are both WFH, showing no symptoms and we're isolating until we start coming down the other side.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: