Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188638 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1170 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 10:33:50 »

Shines a light on what happens when you trust the levers of government to 'wonks & weirdos'.  The great irony here is that, a few months back, pensioners were one of the demographics most likely to be cheering Cummings from the rafters.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #1171 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 10:44:12 »

TBH a lot of people think this still.

As least I’m seeing less comparisons to the flu now, slowly the truth is sinking in

Word is that GSK corporate warrior Vallance is aligned with Cummings.

The marginalised Chris Whitty (CMO) advocated early lockdown measures to contain Ebola in an article only 2 years ago.

The UK with the advantage of data from those areas in the vanguard of the pandemic ignored WHO advice, pursuing its own strategy, based on its own ‘science’. PR is fielded by lackey Hancock & co who continue to lie constantly. “In touch with supermarkets” PPE and ventilator empty promises.

I despair.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1172 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 10:57:17 »

ebola is massively worse than this. not surprised he recommended lockdown
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1173 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 11:26:06 »

Due to attend a funeral this week.
No masses, so it will be a graveside service, immediate family and close friends only.
Weddings can be cancelled but people still have to be laid to rest, for the time being anyway.

Not sure if people who are passing away in care homes are being tested post mortem?
I suspect not, so the numbers of deaths from the virus might be higher than the official figures.
If this gets anywhere near as bad as Italy or now Spain then it will be carnage in care homes.
The workers in that sector have a big responsibility but I don’t think that they are classed as key workers.

Is caring for the elderly an “essential public service”?
Doesn’t look as if Dominic Cummings thinks it is.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #1174 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 11:56:08 »

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3076323/third-coronavirus-cases-may-be-silent-carriers-classified
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1175 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 12:05:00 »

If there’s about 50k cases confirmed in the UK, and boldly assume three times that are infected but haven’t been tested, then 99.8% of the population aren’t infected

The government have pretty much already committed to paying everyone (I know there’s holes in this. Don’t @ me), and bailing out businesses

Supermarkets have said there’s plenty of food to go round

Why don’t they just invoke what they did in China for a month?? £1,000 fines for people outside without valid reason, co-opt resources to increase home deliveries of groceries etc

Surely that will ensure incredibly minimal continual spread of the virus, without increasing government spend beyond what they’ve already committed too?? Then after a month you slowly open up places again (maybe halving max capacity) and strict restrictions on new people into the country (temperature checks and quarantines)

What problems are there with that, other than it being a really shit month

Things get better but they never get good
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1176 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 12:39:02 »

Due to attend a funeral this week.
No masses, so it will be a graveside service, immediate family and close friends only.
Weddings can be cancelled but people still have to be laid to rest, for the time being anyway.

Not sure if people who are passing away in care homes are being tested post mortem?
I suspect not, so the numbers of deaths from the virus might be higher than the official figures.
If this gets anywhere near as bad as Italy or now Spain then it will be carnage in care homes.
The workers in that sector have a big responsibility but I don’t think that they are classed as key workers.

Is caring for the elderly an “essential public service”?
Doesn’t look as if Dominic Cummings thinks it is.

I was due to go to a funeral wednesday but thats been cancelled, well attendance has.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1177 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 13:00:29 »

Why don’t they just invoke what they did in China for a month?? £1,000 fines for people outside without valid reason, co-opt resources to increase home deliveries of groceries etc

Surely that will ensure incredibly minimal continual spread of the virus, without increasing government spend beyond what they’ve already committed too?? Then after a month you slowly open up places again (maybe halving max capacity) and strict restrictions on new people into the country (temperature checks and quarantines)

What problems are there with that, other than it being a really shit month

This 100%,  but there will still be dickheads walking the streets.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Flashheart

« Reply #1178 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 13:11:56 »

I had a look at jobs last night and people in my field don't appear to be expecting a slow down, which is reassuring. I know that could change, but still...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1179 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 13:33:07 »

The island is in lockdown. No reported cases. No incomers allowed.

Give it a week or 2 and open up again for the locals!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1180 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 13:33:20 »

How long does anti bacterial last when your constantly touching things in supermarkets and it's so easy to forget not to scratch an itch newr your eye or face or even blow your nose

Wear gloves
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #1181 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 13:36:28 »

Wear gloves

Surgical type if you can
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1182 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 13:37:20 »

Wear gloves

But still on the gloves!

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1183 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 13:38:54 »

But still on the gloves!
Wash gloves. Or wear disposables if you want to rock some of that "Hey I'm frontline" cool. This isn't hard
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1184 on: Sunday, March 22, 2020, 13:45:50 »

Wash gloves. Or wear disposables if you want to rock some of that "Hey I'm frontline" cool. This isn't hard

You're missing the point if there's particles of microscopic virus on trollies and baskets etc you can still cross contaminate even wearing gloves

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: