Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188651 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1095 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 12:26:04 »

you got any farm shops near you. just went to one and they had loads of most meaty things. not supermarket cheap though..

no black pudding mind
Yes mate 2, tried them both, all out of everything.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1096 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 12:26:09 »

Despite trying to self isolate due to being on the "at risk" list I had to go out and try to get some shopping and we have just 2 supermarkets one a Tesco and one a Lidl both similar sized.

Neither had any eggs, loo rolls, meat of any kind that is not frozen, even the frozen aisle was near empty. No dog food at all, no bread, no veg, no beers, wine, alcohol of any kind.

Fucking panic buying cunts need their balls ripped off with a rusty nail.

Should we not be questioning why at this stage supermarkets haven’t adjusted their stock ordering to ensure they are getting more than was previously ordered so as to ensure they can stock their shops twice or 3 times a day? Currently it seems the shops are stocked and everything gets bought up in the first few hours meaning people who can’t get to shops first thing are left high and dry?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1097 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 12:26:33 »

Despite trying to self isolate due to being on the "at risk" list I had to go out and try to get some shopping and we have just 2 supermarkets one a Tesco and one a Lidl both similar sized.

Neither had any eggs, loo rolls, meat of any kind that is not frozen, even the frozen aisle was near empty. No dog food at all, no bread, no veg, no beers, wine, alcohol of any kind.

Slightly better than that up here PV, mind you I did go at 8.30 this morning,  shops are probably empty now, alcohol is obviously going to be the next thing we can't get hold of,  feel a bit for you not being able to get dog food,  what the hell are you going to put in your shepherd's pie now ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1098 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 12:27:42 »

We aren't at panic stations just yet but in 2 days time we may be! we have a couple of family members that can help out, will have to drive a bit further for stuff then.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1099 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 12:28:14 »

Should we not be questioning why at this stage supermarkets haven’t adjusted their stock ordering to ensure they are getting more than was previously ordered so as to ensure they can stock their shops twice or 3 times a day? Currently it seems the shops are stocked and everything gets bought up in the first few hours meaning people who can’t get to shops first thing are left high and dry?
Probably because suppliers cannot keep up with demand.  

Peter Venkman

« Reply #1100 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 12:28:32 »

feel a bit for you not being able to get dog food,  what the hell are you going to put in your shepherd's pie now ?.
The dogs at this rate!

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1101 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 12:30:00 »

Now you'll understand my Facebook post (if you have seen it).

Have you tried a local butchers/grocers etc. I hope you're doing alright JJ. You shouldn't have to be going out to get your food.

Let's see if there's a local "Courier Angel" (not a fan of the term tbh) in your area. They've been popping up all over and doing great stuff. There are some people doing good and selfless acts of kindness. They'll be more than happy to get you your list of essentials etc.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1102 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 12:30:06 »

The dogs at this rate!
dog dog dog

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1103 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 12:33:48 »

muscle foods mate. mail order delivered chilled ready to freeze

https://www.musclefood.com/
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #1104 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 12:35:06 »

A friend I was talking to earlier mentioned that some of the stuff stripped from supermarket shelves was ending up on EBay etc. Just had a look and you can buy brand new loo rolls at 75-99p. I suppose when we’re desperate we might consider used ones. Must be all those twats who can’t bulk buy concert tickets now so they’ve moved into groceries.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1105 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 12:36:23 »

Now you'll understand my Facebook post (if you have seen it).

Have you tried a local butchers/grocers etc. I hope you're doing alright JJ. You shouldn't have to be going out to get your food.

Let's see if there's a local "Courier Angel" (not a fan of the term tbh) in your area. They've been popping up all over and doing great stuff. There are some people doing good and selfless acts of kindness. They'll be more than happy to get you your list of essentials etc.
Not starting to worry too much as we have a couple of days food, we can still get a few veggies so not as bad as some I guess, we are practically veggie at the moment anyway but as far as I know there is nothing even remotely like the "courier angel" operating down here, we have a tesco delivery coming Tuesday but half of that is already "out of stock".

I just truly wonder why people start to panic buy anything, there is alwaysenough for everyone at the start, now its created so many problems for suppliers, shops and customers.

Its just fucking frustrating...at the moment....amber warning bulb not quite ready to be changed to red bulb just yet but its days away now.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1106 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 12:41:08 »

Did an order with Parsleybox the other day, seen an ad in a magazine,   got 10 meals and two free 175ml bottles of wine for just 19.99,  meals are not frozen,  they can be stored in a cupboard for up to 6 months, only takes 2 minutes in the microwave but can also be heated in the oven.
Delivery is free and, believe it or not,  delivered next day.   Have only used one meal so far,  have had a lot worse !!, not massive meals but okay for me.Think the offer code was DMW33 or DMW333 if anyone is interested.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1107 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 12:42:29 »

A friend I was talking to earlier mentioned that some of the stuff stripped from supermarket shelves was ending up on EBay etc. Just had a look and you can buy brand new loo rolls at 75-99p. I suppose when we’re desperate we might consider used ones. Must be all those twats who can’t bulk buy concert tickets now so they’ve moved into groceries.
Can supply second hand ones at 50p.

BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #1108 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 12:42:55 »

Been going to local small  breweries to buy beer. Keeping distance and they are super clean. Got loads as their usual custom has dried up. They are desperate for cash. Doesn't help with bog roll but might help keep lubricated.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #1109 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 12:51:37 »

Haven't been shopping since Weds so may be out of date but it wasn't too bad here in Reading, certainly compared to experiences of others. Number of empty or near empty shelves with no toilet rolls/medicine/eggs/flour etc. but still plenty of food if you were happy to adjust your diet to what is available.  Nothing like the "stripped bare" experiences elsewhere.

Think it will take a while before it dies down.  Supermarkets starting to reduce their product range will help.

Got to wonder how much of the hoarded food will never get used.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: