Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188816 times)
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #1080 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 10:46:24 »

Well said. Stop being a cunt should be the national communication campaign. It could be reused for many times over once this is sorted.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1081 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 10:49:48 »

Well said. Stop being a cunt should be the national communication campaign. It could be reused for many times over once this is sorted.
It could be the new "Keep Calm and Carry on". Like the idea of National Trust gift shops selling "Stop Being a Cunt" tea towels
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1082 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 10:50:56 »

Wasn't equating it, but it's on the same spectrum. Needlessly offensive, driven on anger, prejudice (as in pre-judging that you know what that person will be like based on your own assumptions), looking to lump a whole load of people in the same bucket so they can be dismissed/ignored/written off. It's use says more about the user than the target. You can be better than that.

I am sorry to say that I don't think that you have saved yourself there. You were equating the two terms and that's rather sad.

Nothing to see here
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1083 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 10:53:10 »

I am sorry to say that I don't think that you have saved yourself there. You were equating the two terms and that's rather sad.
Well I certainly didn't intend to. As I say I recognise the historical weight of the former term, which clearly brings a far greater weight with it. That doesn't make your use of a needlessly offensive term driven by anger any better. Let's agree to disagree eh?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1084 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 10:53:30 »

For anybody of the mindset that they will be OK, listen to this. According to this doctor, there could be only 1 ventilator to every 8 people that needs one in 2-3 weeks time in the UK. Young people are going to die as well. Young people ARE dying in Italy because they can't treat them. That could be you.

And if you're the kind of smart-arsed cunt that thinks it's clever and brave to say "If I die, I die" -  it might not be you. It might be a friend or a family member that YOU infected because you went out for a fucking pint. Was it fucking worth it? I have a family with 2 kids. I will be jolly well pissed off if I end up dead, leaving my family to fend for themselves because some selfish cretin chose to be irresponsible. 

Stop being selfish.

Stop being ignorant.

Stop being a cunt. (And I don't care if you are offended. People are LITERALLY dying because of idiots)

It is real. It is not something that might happen. It IS happening now and it will get worse, much worse.

Wake - the - fuck - up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0877mb2
Just quoting this because it's a very very good post and it got buried at the bottom of a page, don't want people to miss it in the middle of pointless reductive "gammon" arguments
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1085 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 10:53:50 »

This is all going the same way as the political thread I fear.

Few people have been absent from the forum recently, Reg and Legends Lounge the main ones. Hope everyone is ok despite the spats on here.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1086 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 11:00:38 »

Here's the thing.  HMRC know how much I earn.  They have 15 years of my accounts at their fingertips.  Why not look at that and say, right you can get a grant up to 80pc of that like the employees?  Rather than temping me with a potential of £90 odd quid a week?

Anyway, Im not going to go mad.  It's been an odd week.  I worked Monday.  Since then Ive been at home, kids have been home since Wednesday.  It just all feels very unreal at the moment.  We'll just have to see what happens.

May or may not help but if you do go down the UC/SSP route then you can get a the total amount advanced I believe. Again the amounts are not huge but it may help a tight patch.

Also not sure if you qualify but I found this and may be of interest to you. I think you might qualify tbh Sax. Worth a look

https://grants-search.turn2us.org.uk/grant/elizabeth-finn-fund-12777?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #1087 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 11:05:51 »

Here's the thing.  HMRC know how much I earn.  They have 15 years of my accounts at their fingertips.  Why not look at that and say, right you can get a grant up to 80pc of that like the employees?  Rather than temping me with a potential of £90 odd quid a week?  That would prove to me that they are taking the entirety of the workforce seriously.  Put caveats into it, if you don't return to your work you have to pay it back.  That makes sense to me.  I don't really believe they take self employed seriously and this is not helping.

Anyway, Im not going to go mad.  It's been an odd week.  I worked Monday.  Since then Ive been at home, kids have been home since Wednesday.  It just all feels very unreal at the moment.  We'll just have to see what happens.

As it stands Ive got some understanding clients who are paying some fees - 1 all fees for March and April and 1 all fees for March - and some invoices to come in.  I should be ok until June.  An no one knows what the situation will be by that point.

I've seen posts on Facebook that supermarkets are looking for staff.

I know it's probably far from ideal, but if there's bills to be paid...
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1088 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 11:37:16 »

Well I certainly didn't intend to. As I say I recognise the historical weight of the former term, which clearly brings a far greater weight with it. That doesn't make your use of a needlessly offensive term driven by anger any better. Let's agree to disagree eh?

No problem. I am not going to try change deep seated attitudes around race and related terminology.

Nothing to see here
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1089 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 11:57:26 »

Just been out to try and get basics, must admit although many shelves are empty I was able to get bread, milk, fruit and vegetables as well as a fresh chicken and a pack of chops, although in both cases these were almost the last ones on the shelves,  A few day's ago I would have had no chance !!.   Have the panic buyers finally filled all of their cupboards ?,  hope this is the start of a little bit of sanity.  

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1090 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 12:11:00 »

Just been out to try and get basics, must admit although many shelves are empty I was able to get bread, milk, fruit and vegetables as well as a fresh chicken and a pack of chops, although in both cases these were almost the last ones on the shelves,  A few day's ago I would have had no chance !!.   Have the panic buyers finally filled all of their cupboards ?,  hope this is the start of a little bit of sanity. 

Same. We popped out to get onions and eggs, tried 3 supermarkets and a corner shop. Onions were literally the only vegetable left in any of the 3 shops and couldn’t get eggs at all!

Hoping this nonsense might get back to some normality over the next few days.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #1091 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 12:14:03 »

Surely the panic buyers must be stocked up before too long?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1092 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 12:17:13 »

Surely the panic buyers must be stocked up before too long?
Must be like an episode of 'Hoarders' in some people's homes !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1093 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 12:20:32 »

Same. We popped out to get onions and eggs, tried 3 supermarkets and a corner shop. Onions were literally the only vegetable left in any of the 3 shops and couldn’t get eggs at all!

Hoping this nonsense might get back to some normality over the next few days.
Despite trying to self isolate due to being on the "at risk" list I had to go out and try to get some shopping and we have just 2 supermarkets one a Tesco and one a Lidl both similar sized.

Neither had any eggs, loo rolls, meat of any kind that is not frozen, even the frozen aisle was near empty. No dog food at all, no bread, no veg, no beers, wine, alcohol of any kind.

Fucking panic buying cunts need their balls ripped off with a rusty nail.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1094 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 12:23:22 »

you got any farm shops near you. just went to one and they had loads of most meaty things. not supermarket cheap though..

no black pudding mind
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: