Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188358 times)
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #1050 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 20:41:40 »

Just went for a stroll. Observed pubs not rammed but many more than every night this week. Lots of young folk in who are apparently immune or hoping for an early inheritance.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
woolster

« Reply #1051 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 20:42:45 »

My son just got home from work - drove past our local pub and said it was rammed! Really!!!!!!!!
name the pub,, i'm thirsty Pint Pint Cheesy

Ignore
« Reply #1052 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 21:21:00 »

I fucking hate the Tories but fair play for that today. They did the right thing. You can't help everyone but that was impressive. We'll worry about the implications and aftermath later eh! Let's just keep alive for now.

I'm still staggered by people's complete lack of understanding and negligence about this issue though. Pubs are busy tonight and many don't have a grasp of the seriousness of the situation. Moaning pubs are to shut etc. We have many selfish idiots in this country of ours.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1053 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 21:44:16 »

well, they will realise in a few weeks if we follow Italy Sad
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1054 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 22:02:40 »

I fucking hate the Tories but fair play for that today. They did the right thing. You can't help everyone but that was impressive. We'll worry about the implications and aftermath later eh! Let's just keep alive for now.

I'm still staggered by people's complete lack of understanding and negligence about this issue though. Pubs are busy tonight and many don't have a grasp of the seriousness of the situation. Moaning pubs are to shut etc. We have many selfish idiots in this country of ours.

Agree 100%. We must be older and wiser I guess
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1055 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 23:08:35 »

The people panic buying are worse. That has more of an impact. And no i am not trolling.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1056 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 23:40:12 »

Problem now coming with the panic buyers is they will be running low soon and the shelves are still empty. Guess who will be queuing up and causing mayhem when a delivery lorry or two pulls in.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1057 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 23:41:36 »

I'd add we are utterly stripped in the shops where i am. so that may not be the case everywhere.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1058 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 23:49:28 »

Limits seem to be in place now. Hopefully that will help. People are thick and selfish though.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1059 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 03:26:53 »

The people panic buying are worse. That has more of an impact. And no i am not trolling.

I wouldn’t say anyone was trolling, these are unprecedented times.  On this, I agree.  Our WW2 relatives would be ashamed.  There are times in life where telling the govt to duck off is right, which is most of the time, now is not that time.   Ow is the time to listen and act out of an abundance of caution.  Have a pint or seven Sippo
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1060 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 06:24:30 »

Limits seem to be in place now. Hopefully that will help. People are thick and selfish though.

The problem is you can put limits on items but when family members split up in the queue what chance do we have

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1061 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 06:25:03 »

It amuses me that when gammons and pro Brexit types assert that people in this country did great things in the past and will do so again.  What this fails to recognise is that society has changed immeasurably and recent events show that a large section of the population are selfish twats who have no regard for others.  If certain historical events were replayed now with the current population, I am not sure that the results would be the same.

Nothing to see here
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #1062 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 07:21:15 »

Despicable opinion piece from the BBC. The opposite of what’s needed right now. Cites no evidence for his claim we could double ICU beds.

Feels like the influence of Cummings. Testing out public reaction. Sadly some of the greedy and selfish will believe sacrificing our old and vulnerable is a price worth paying to keep their own riches.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51979654

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1063 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 07:58:30 »

Read it and weep. Literally.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-everyone-dies-alone-heartbreak-at-the-italian-hospital-on-the-brink-of-collapse-11961130
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1064 on: Saturday, March 21, 2020, 08:07:01 »

It amuses me that when gammons and pro Brexit types assert that people in this country did great things in the past and will do so again.  What this fails to recognise is that society has changed immeasurably and recent events show that a large section of the population are selfish twats who have no regard for others.  If certain historical events were replayed now with the current population, I am not sure that the results would be the same.

A bit like the young remainers ignoring advice on social gathering?
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: