Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188135 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1035 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 17:03:48 »

80% of wages of furloughed workers being paid up until £2500 per month. That was needed. Backdated to March 1st, initially for three months.

Unlimited funding.
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #1036 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 17:04:50 »

But what about beer gardens?

Smiley

Take your chips and fuck off home.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1037 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 17:07:28 »

80% of wages of furloughed workers being paid up until £2500 per month. That was needed. Backdated to March 1st, initially for three months.

Unlimited funding.
That's good. Anything for the self-employed/zero hours contract workers?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1038 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 17:08:40 »

That's good. Anything for the self-employed/zero hours contract workers?

Talking about it now. Self-employed people can get universal credit? That doesn't sound spectacular.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1039 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 17:24:33 »

It's a totally facile thing, but it annoys the hell out of me that as someone who has spent quite so much time in broadcasting, Johnson continues to whack the lectern next to his microphone.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1040 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 17:31:33 »

I looked at the UC calculator last night.  It tells me I get nothing.  I presume its because I have a wife with a job and may have about £1k in the fucking bank in savings.

If this changes it and I get £92 a week, thats fucking pathetic.  They haven't thought about the self employed or those on zero hours at all.

We're an afterthought as usual.

Never knowingly overstated.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1041 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 18:02:21 »

Sax. As i'm aware (my Mum worked for DWP), the savings threshold is much higher than £1k. I'm sure it's around £15/16k.

Better news, they're lifting the cap on income. From Monday there will be no minimum income floor so you should be able to get it. It won't be lots granted.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1042 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 18:24:24 »

Thanks.  I'll try again Monday.  I don't know why when I tried the UC calculator the other night it said I would get nothing.  My general impression is not positive at the moment and it seems the entire industry seems pretty pissed off.  I really don't know what to do beyond the next 2 months.

I cant dwell on it or Ill go mad.

bathford

Ignore
« Reply #1043 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 18:36:47 »

Not sure if its been posted on here, but Swindon sees its first death from Coronavirus.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18322461.coronavirus-first-swindon-death-confirmed/

Same here in Bath at The RUH.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1044 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 18:50:37 »

Not sure if its been posted on here, but Swindon sees its first death from Coronavirus.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18322461.coronavirus-first-swindon-death-confirmed/

There's 14 confirmed cases in swindon. So the adver is way behind.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1045 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 19:39:44 »

Thanks.  I'll try again Monday.  I don't know why when I tried the UC calculator the other night it said I would get nothing.  My general impression is not positive at the moment and it seems the entire industry seems pretty pissed off.  I really don't know what to do beyond the next 2 months.

I cant dwell on it or Ill go mad.

It's likely the site might not have been updated. It might not yet, since there will be an all hands on deck approach. Maybe a separate website will or is being set up to deal and process these influx of new claims? I'm sure when I checked a while back the "UC" pages were all in Beta with a proviso to inform of any problems! So maybe they are putting another site in place. I don't know but it would seem sensible and logical to do so.

Please don't go mad. Being in a similar industry, albeit a different angle and not as established as yourself, I still understand and it will be difficult. My only saving grace is I hadn't made any financial commitments that would leave me exposed. I "think" I'm just about covered for a while but likely only until end of June.

Weetabix and Pitta breads for tea! Yay. Keep it real and certainly talk/vent id you need to.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #1046 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 20:25:33 »

My son just got home from work - drove past our local pub and said it was rammed! Really!!!!!!!!

No one kills a thread like me....
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1047 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 20:28:15 »

Here's the thing.  HMRC know how much I earn.  They have 15 years of my accounts at their fingertips.  Why not look at that and say, right you can get a grant up to 80pc of that like the employees?  Rather than temping me with a potential of £90 odd quid a week?  That would prove to me that they are taking the entirety of the workforce seriously.  Put caveats into it, if you don't return to your work you have to pay it back.  That makes sense to me.  I don't really believe they take self employed seriously and this is not helping.

Anyway, Im not going to go mad.  It's been an odd week.  I worked Monday.  Since then Ive been at home, kids have been home since Wednesday.  It just all feels very unreal at the moment.  We'll just have to see what happens.

As it stands Ive got some understanding clients who are paying some fees - 1 all fees for March and April and 1 all fees for March - and some invoices to come in.  I should be ok until June.  An no one knows what the situation will be by that point.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1048 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 20:29:39 »

The rate for self employed is the same as SSP so will be £94.25 a week.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #1049 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 20:37:35 »

And yet some people are still talking about scaremongering and over-reaction  Suicide

* C0EE4C87-C5EE-4383-A8B5-81D0B15D89AF.jpeg (29.17 KB, 444x960 - viewed 194 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: