Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188781 times)
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #990 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 08:10:19 »

I went out for a delightful fish supper in The Royal Oak, Old Town, Swindon yesterday evening. Our party consisted of people in their 30s, 50s, 60s & 70s. The venue was busy as were the two pubs afterwards. A band had cancelled but that was the only disappointment. I am going into work as usual at 9am today. I am going away this evening for a weekend break. I know of no-one who is ill due to this outbreak. How are all of you doing in your day to day lives away from trying to be strategists in unprecedented times?

Your best hope is that trolls are immune

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-they-call-it-the-apocalypse-inside-italys-hardest-hit-hospital-11960597
Flashheart

« Reply #991 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 08:16:07 »

Idiots are dangerous. What makes it worse is that they are dangerous to other people.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #992 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 08:24:07 »

I went out for a delightful fish supper in The Royal Oak, Old Town, Swindon yesterday evening. Our party consisted of people in their 30s, 50s, 60s & 70s. The venue was busy as were the two pubs afterwards. A band had cancelled but that was the only disappointment. I am going into work as usual at 9am today. I am going away this evening for a weekend break. I know of no-one who is ill due to this outbreak. How are all of you doing in your day to day lives away from trying to be strategists in unprecedented times?

I have no words to describe the contempt I feel for you, and for anyone else behaving like this.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #993 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 09:07:29 »

Why did you need to eat cock?

Eat
Flashheart

« Reply #994 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 09:09:21 »

Seeing some of the videos of people that have this, I don't wish it on anybody.

If I did have the option of deciding who gets it and who does not, however, those going to the pubs will be among the first on the list.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #995 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 09:14:35 »

TBF to wooly, the advice has changed in the last few days. Last time I looked you were OK to go out to get food and medicine. Now the advice is to get it delivered or dropped off by a friend.

This is half the problem, the advice changes so frequently that what you think you "know" is wrong a few days later.

I have a delivery slot for next week, next one available is mid April  Bad Mood
Which wouldn't be so bad if half the stuff you ordered was actually delivered.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #996 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 09:15:07 »

Declaring an intent to go down the pub would be worth it just for the lecture from PaulD (informative and educational that they are).  Smiley

Tempting as it is to nip down the pub for a swift one. It’s just not worth it.
There will be plenty of opportunity for that once this thing is over.

Splendid isolation does warrant trying to source a delivery of some fine Trappist beer though!

For anyone who is struggling to get hold of some hand sanitiser then TCP diluted should do the job.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #997 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 09:16:14 »

Looks like I am not going to the pub on the weekend now.

Even though my argument still stands. Go in, buy pint, go out sit in the garden. Literally two/three minutes inside.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Flashheart

« Reply #998 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 09:30:26 »

Even though my argument still stands.

No, it does not. It never did, and it never will.

But if you don't get that by now then you're never going to.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #999 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 09:43:11 »

Why don't we all just agree that nobody knows and behave?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1000 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 09:48:52 »

At the end of the day we still have to go to the shops and stand in a queue for ages.
Flashheart

« Reply #1001 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 09:54:52 »

At the end of the day we still have to go to the shops and stand in a queue for ages.

We do, yes. There are some things that we cannot practically avoid.  

However, the way that viruses spread means that limiting (not necessarily completely cancelling) contact with other people can make a significant difference to the overall number of cases at any one time. It is exponential growth, meaning the more cases there are, the sharper the curve becomes. Even just a small decrease in the rate of spread could mean the difference between the health service coping, or being overrun.

Ignore
« Reply #1002 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 09:55:18 »

I have a delivery slot for next week, next one available is mid April  Bad Mood
Which wouldn't be so bad if half the stuff you ordered was actually delivered.

I'm fetching stuff for my vulnerable parents. Fetching and dropping at their door so not putting them at risk. I'm happy to get yours too if you want anything. DM a list and your address and I'll do what I can. Stay home if you can. I have to work so am out there anyway.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 20, 2020, 09:56:57 by Arriba » Logged
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #1003 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 10:00:09 »

I'm fetching stuff for my vulnerable parents. I'm happy to get yours too if you want anything. DM a list and your address and I'll do what I can. Stay home if you can. I have to work so am out there anyway.

Cheers Arriba, appreciate,that really do. Am good for the mo and have a delivery slot for next week so hopefully be fine.
Will bear in mind if need arises tho.
 Clap

Hope you and your parents stay safe
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1004 on: Friday, March 20, 2020, 10:13:38 »

Is this crazy stockpiling just a Brit thing? I’ve just been down the supermarket here, no queues, nobody piling high their trollies, some - mainly old - people with masks.

Shelves stocked as per normal - maybe a little light on meat products. I only needed a bag of coffee beans and ingredients for Mrs Audrey to make a cake (more chance of dying there, I reckon!).

Being a small island with no huge warehouses filled with stock it’d be more understandable if people were going bat-shit crazy here.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: