Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188368 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #960 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 19:35:07 »

It's almost like Johnson is winging it.  Extraordinary stuff.
tbf everyone is to some extent. We've never been here before. But some countries seem to be better prepared than others.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #961 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 19:39:47 »

I’m not a political person, but he is a clown. Shut the schools. Mentions key workers then doesn’t give a list. The schools need to know how many kids will be in for safeguarding, food, staff...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #962 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 19:42:20 »

In fairness, the novel nature of this means that, inevitably, this is all being done 'on the fly'. Everyone wants an answer now to every conceivable issue but I am not sure that this is possible.

I suspect that Corbyn is relieved that he didn't make it to number 10 after all.

Nothing to see here
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #963 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 19:46:02 »

Scumbags

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-51962556

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #964 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 19:50:30 »

In fairness, the novel nature of this means that, inevitably, this is all being done 'on the fly'. Everyone wants an answer now to every conceivable issue but I am not sure that this is possible.

I suspect that Corbyn is relieved that he didn't make it to number 10 after all.
Aren’t we all.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #965 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 19:52:09 »

No it's not. But some level of guidance could have been drawn up. My missus works in the education sector with vulnerable and at risk kids and families. They've spent the day in meetings trying to work out who they allow in and who they don't based on a combination of how much at risk the child is and whether the parents are key workers. They've had no guidance on any of it. Not even a basic list of what constitutes "key workers". You could draw that list up in about 5 minutes. They're just throwing out policy and soundbites on the fly.

I think we all are. Just a shame either alternative was equally fucking useless.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #966 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 20:00:27 »

I’m not a political person, but he is a clown. Shut the schools. Mentions key workers then doesn’t give a list. The schools need to know how many kids will be in for safeguarding, food, staff...

Daughter works in a private school in Newcastle. They were told today the school would be open for key workers kids. Yet no idea who the key workers are so no idea on numbers.
Could be 40 or 200. School only has 400 kids  Eek
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #967 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 20:18:57 »

Watching QT - Matt Hancock looks (and sounds) clueless and out of his depth.  Apparently 10,000 hand sanitizers have been shipped to NHS - no proof of this but that is probably is a lot less than one per GP surgery - great!

Why is the Sec of State for Health a PPE graduate like so many of his peers. I would like to think that a person with some kind of medical background might be better qualified.

Honestly  - zero confidence inspired by him. Watch QT and to quote Barry Davies - "look at his face, just look at his face"

No one kills a thread like me....
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #968 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 20:23:41 »

The head at my wee ones school has been going loco in email updates as they also just want to know what the criteria for kids who can still attend school actually is so they can plan accordingly.

It was oddly heartbreaking seeing the numbers of families drop on a daily basis throughout this weeks school run. The school attendance rate was 66% at my daughters school yesterday and it was definitely quieter today (they started merging classes a couple of days ago).
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #969 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 20:44:59 »

Watching QT - Matt Hancock looks (and sounds) clueless and out of his depth.  Apparently 10,000 hand sanitizers have been shipped to NHS - no proof of this but that is probably is a lot less than one per GP surgery - great!

Why is the Sec of State for Health a PPE graduate like so many of his peers. I would like to think that a person with some kind of medical background might be better qualified.

Honestly  - zero confidence inspired by him. Watch QT and to quote Barry Davies - "look at his face, just look at his face"

He’s just said that zero hours contract workers will all be able to claim SSP but that isn’t true, only those earning at least £118 will qualify.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #970 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 20:52:08 »

Supposed to isolating but did an online shop yet the bulk is out of stock, so had to go.

I’m selfish for thinking about going to a pub garden, yet this bloke is supposed to be self isolating yet still goes out....

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #971 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 20:52:54 »

No it's not. But some level of guidance could have been drawn up. My missus works in the education sector with vulnerable and at risk kids and families. They've spent the day in meetings trying to work out who they allow in and who they don't based on a combination of how much at risk the child is and whether the parents are key workers. They've had no guidance on any of it. Not even a basic list of what constitutes "key workers". You could draw that list up in about 5 minutes. They're just throwing out policy and soundbites on the fly.
I think we all are. Just a shame either alternative was equally fucking useless.

I agree that if you make a positive statement on something (such as keep the offspring of key workers in school) there has to be clarity.

It occurs to me that the govt won't let the economy go completely down the pan. On or around 12 weeks, all restrictions will go out of the window regardless of whether we have 'beaten' this.  Boris can say at that point we tried valiantly to stem the tide but that didn't work, so we'll let it do it's worst rather than let life as we know it go down the shitter.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 20:54:42 by JBZ » Logged

Nothing to see here
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #972 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 20:58:44 »

I’m selfish for thinking about going to a pub garden, yet this bloke is supposed to be self isolating yet still goes out....

I apologise for needing to eat.
Cock
Flashheart

« Reply #973 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 21:02:25 »

Are you on a fucking wind up Sippo?

Be honest, because if you are then it's wearing very thin.

Ignore
« Reply #974 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 21:04:22 »

Pubs still getting customers from what I drove past again tonight (rat trap,crown,new Inn,dockle)
People are incredibly selfish. Pubs are still putting on gigs this weekend in the town too. Giving people a choice doesn't work. We have to have strict rules to beat the his virus. It's literally the difference between life and death for many people.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: