Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188857 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #900 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 13:05:45 »

Quote from: Flashheart
... and they're having to decide who gets treatment, and who does not. Some people are literally just being left to die. and Italy has more ICU beds per person than Britain does.

I'm reliably informed you don't want to be over 65 in a hotspot
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #901 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 13:08:11 »

Football closedown extended until end of April (at least)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51962751
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #902 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 13:20:04 »

"The Football Association has also agreed that the current season can be "extended indefinitely" beyond the original end date of 1 June."
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #903 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 13:22:45 »

Still don't think it's as simple as that RE: extending indefinitely but, meh, whatever.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #904 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 13:23:02 »

Does that mean our Tuesday night games will be on a Saturday?  Grin
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #905 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 13:30:43 »

Does that mean our Tuesday night games will be on a Saturday?  Grin

I suspect that if/when it happens it will be 3 or 4 weeks of games Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #906 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 14:10:11 »

A group of us were due to fly to Hamburg tomorrow for a stag weekend. The hotel have given us a full refund, HSV have said they’ll be refunding our match tickets but Easyjet have refused to allow us refunds on the grounds that the government have only advised against travel and haven’t banned it. That despite warnings that if you do travel, you could well end up stuck abroad with no government help to get back. Obviously not going so have rebooked for October at an extra cost of £48. Easyjet seem to be at the front of the queue with the begging bowl at the moment but charity only seems to work one way with them.
Ive just been refunded my EasyJet ticket money - Athens-Gatwick and Gatwick-Kefalonia. I left it as late as possible as up until yesterday they were only  offering changing for future flights for free.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #907 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 14:12:41 »

Same situation with RyanAir and a cancelled kids' football tour to Ireland. Hotel, catering, everything else have all agreed to full refunds. RyanAir are holding out. TBF don't think either are at the front of the queue with the begging bowl - billionaire tax exile Richard Branson sharp-elbowed his way to the front of the queue asking for a multi-billion pound handout for his Virgin Airways over a week ago.

In all fairness, my brother had a full refund from Virgin.
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #908 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 14:22:43 »

I confess I have bought in some extra dry food and a few extra bog rolls two weeks ago and stored it all in case of lockdown, which, at the time, I thought would be for maybe two weeks. Things have moved on. I have then shopped as normal, except I grabbed a couple extra beers this week, once work kicked me out. I don't consider this unreasonable as my wife is disabled to the extent that she cannot walk or drive anymore. All happened in quick time so we and young daughter are still coming to terms with it. She can't go to even the local shops, even with the mobility scooter, as the roads are full of nutters and cars are parked all over the paths. If I get sick, and I have a long-term illness that enables a free flu-jab, then they are screwed. I can't be the only one who has had to think like this and therefore, I declare me, very slightly less of a dick than the rest of the relatively healthy scrum shoppers.
Just saw an old boy in a supermarket forlornly walking the empty aisles for food. He had some salt and nothing else. Enough said.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #909 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 14:28:07 »

Just saw an old boy in a supermarket forlornly walking the empty aisles for food. He had some salt and nothing else. Enough said.

That's heartbreaking.  I genuinely fear for older (70+) folk who live on their own when the lockdown period happens.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #910 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 14:29:01 »

In all fairness, my brother had a full refund from Virgin.
Fair do's. That in no way alters the fact that Brason's a cunt though
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #911 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 14:30:57 »

TBF this increase was announced 2 months ago and our price increase letter came 2 weeks ago before this mass isolation started happening.

I just rung up, my discounts ran out and my bill was et to increase by £20.
Rung them, asked and got it for £20 less than what im paying now
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #912 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 14:35:45 »

I confess I have bought in some extra dry food and a few extra bog rolls two weeks ago and stored it all in case of lockdown, which, at the time, I thought would be for maybe two weeks. Things have moved on. I have then shopped as normal, except I grabbed a couple extra beers this week, once work kicked me out. I don't consider this unreasonable as my wife is disabled to the extent that she cannot walk or drive anymore. All happened in quick time so we and young daughter are still coming to terms with it. She can't go to even the local shops, even with the mobility scooter, as the roads are full of nutters and cars are parked all over the paths. If I get sick, and I have a long-term illness that enables a free flu-jab, then they are screwed. I can't be the only one who has had to think like this and therefore, I declare me, very slightly less of a dick than the rest of the relatively healthy scrum shoppers.
Think you're entirely reasonable there. And this and cases like this is why the online judging of people is just as bad as the panic buying. A mate of my missus works as a home help/carer in Wroughton. By the nature of it, her clients are elderly and/or vulnerable so she offered to get some bits in for them. Which led to her being all but hounded out of Tesco in tears by people who assumed they "knew" that she was being selfish, when she was actually trying to help. She's now had to get a uniform made so she can "prove" she is a carer (it doesn't prove anything but seems to work to be able to point to it when the witch-hunt mobs start up).
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #913 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 14:40:31 »

All those people with their 1980's Bidet's are having the last laugh now.

Does anyone know if Reg is alright?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #914 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 14:45:38 »

The Police had to be called to shut down a Church flouting State rules on gatherings greater than 50 people in Louisiana:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus-police-church-defy-state-order

“The virus, we believe, is politically motivated,” Spell told WAFB. “We hold our religious rights dear and we are going to assemble no matter what someone says.”
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: