Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188444 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #885 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 11:03:02 »

Well, at least people will have clean bums by the time they eventually catch the virus.

Nope. Still have a shitty arse, just used some toilet paper to smear it around a bit. Fishing.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #886 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 11:14:58 »

Had mine through at the end of Feb.
Much as it pains me to be fair to them I suspect that it's a planned increase that's been in the pipeline for a while.
Maybe they could hold fire for 3 months, particularly as the sports channels are having to delve into the archives at the moment.

Oh, right.  My letter's dated 17 March.  Embarrassed
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #887 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 11:15:26 »

Letter from Sky just landed on the doormat. They're quick to recognize that thousands of people are about to be stuck in their homes for an extended period and so have increased the TV subscriptions from 1 April.

There have been screenshots going around to pubs etc from sky saying that from 14th march they will not be charging them for subscription until regular live sport resumes as their businesses rely on people watching it at their venue. a good gesture
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #888 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 11:20:04 »

Letter from Sky just landed on the doormat. They're quick to recognize that thousands of people are about to be stuck in their homes for an extended period and so have increased the TV subscriptions from 1 April.

Start of the financial year innit, we likewise had letter this morning from BT informing us that stuff going up 1.5% from April 1.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #889 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 11:27:59 »

Nope. Still have a shitty arse, just used some toilet paper to smear it around a bit. Fishing.

I guess that the surplus bog rolls could be thrown around by a joyful public in the mass street jamboree when the nation is declared as virus free (...one day).

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!

Ignore
« Reply #890 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 11:53:42 »

If anyone needs some basic shopping items the co-op at witchelstowe has cold meats, tinned goods,milk,cheese, veg, (a little bread left)etc. No eggs, soap,bog roll though. If you're a panic buyer I hope you don't see this 🖕
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 11:58:22 »

We are not islands, isolated from each other. We are all connected and how we behave affects everyone. If we make sensible choices and act like we are all responsible for each other we can limit the impact of this thing. If we act like selfish wankers, we're all going to be going to a lot of funerals, explaining to grieving families how it's all overhyped, it's just a bit of flu really and there's no reason to stop behaving like we are the only people who matter.

Agree with PaulD here, one thing I will say on the above - if we do indeed follow the trend in Italy you won't be going to funerals..  They are so overwhelmed with the amount of deaths, bodies are just being cremated and there is a queue of people turning up to pick up the ashes, that is how bad it has got out there.  Almost returning to the days of the black death and bring out your dead just with the added "pick up their ashes in a few days"..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Flashheart

« Reply #892 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 12:05:52 »

... and they're having to decide who gets treatment, and who does not. Some people are literally just being left to die. and Italy has more ICU beds per person than Britain does.

At least Thailand has a lot of affordable private hospitals in addition to the state health system. I'm making sure my insurance covers me, just in case. Better safe than sorry and all that.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #893 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 12:15:09 »

... and they're having to decide who gets treatment, and who does not. Some people are literally just being left to die. and Italy has more ICU beds per person than Britain does.
Double in fact. And their health system generally hasn't been slashed to the bone the way ours has. One of the things that most shocked Italians into realising the scale of the problem a couple of weeks ago was pictures of patients being treated on trolleys in corridors. Thanks to austerity that's been normal here for years. We are probably the least well equipped country in Europe to deal with this in terms of capacity overload.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #894 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 12:19:44 »

It does still shock me that in the UK there is so much a "I'm alright Jack" "fuck the rest of the popluation" attitude from so many people, "if I catch it I won't die", more worried by running out of loo roll and pasta than anything.

Because you are not in the "at risk" category doesn't mean that you won't spread it inadvertently to people that ARE at risk.

I have come to the conclusion, although I kinda knew it before, that people in this country are a bunch of selfish self absorbed cunts.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 12:25:54 »

The hidden impact is the key one, and Paul mentioned it - this will cause deaths for other reasons because the Healthcare systems are not designed to cope with surges.  In the USA, a private system where they don;t have any issues with resources - it can all be overcharged to the customers (patients) - there are some HC providers already running out of supplies.  6 months of surgical masks used in 1 month is the trend in some locations - they've resorted to making their own and sending out DIY instructions to the public to make some for them as well, as the supply chain cannot keep up.  That's a tiny detail, but now imagine how the entire systems, knitted together, can fall apart quickly if you get into a situation like Northern Italy did..
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #896 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 12:37:30 »

A group of us were due to fly to Hamburg tomorrow for a stag weekend. The hotel have given us a full refund, HSV have said they’ll be refunding our match tickets but Easyjet have refused to allow us refunds on the grounds that the government have only advised against travel and haven’t banned it. That despite warnings that if you do travel, you could well end up stuck abroad with no government help to get back. Obviously not going so have rebooked for October at an extra cost of £48. Easyjet seem to be at the front of the queue with the begging bowl at the moment but charity only seems to work one way with them.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #897 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 12:43:41 »

Nearly 18% of positively tested poeple HAD NO SYMPTOMS.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/03/18/what-percentage-have-covid-19-coronavirus-but-do-not-know-it/
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #898 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 13:02:25 »

Football in England cancelled until 'at least' 30th April.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #899 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 13:04:31 »

A group of us were due to fly to Hamburg tomorrow for a stag weekend. The hotel have given us a full refund, HSV have said they’ll be refunding our match tickets but Easyjet have refused to allow us refunds on the grounds that the government have only advised against travel and haven’t banned it. That despite warnings that if you do travel, you could well end up stuck abroad with no government help to get back. Obviously not going so have rebooked for October at an extra cost of £48. Easyjet seem to be at the front of the queue with the begging bowl at the moment but charity only seems to work one way with them.
Same situation with RyanAir and a cancelled kids' football tour to Ireland. Hotel, catering, everything else have all agreed to full refunds. RyanAir are holding out. TBF don't think either are at the front of the queue with the begging bowl - billionaire tax exile Richard Branson sharp-elbowed his way to the front of the queue asking for a multi-billion pound handout for his Virgin Airways over a week ago.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: