Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188872 times)
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #855 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 06:51:39 »

2. they don't know that the disease is only infectious when showing symptoms.

They've known for weeks and weeks that it can spread before people show symptoms, plus some cases are asymptotic. It's been serious since that point in my opinion, although I never imagined it would be like this. I tried to persuade my mum to stop going out to things and she gave in when the government suggested as such. Too many won't listen and think they know better.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #856 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 06:52:47 »

The Italian army has been called in to the northern city of Bergamo where their crematorium can’t cope with the numbers dying on a daily basis. No funerals, just returned ashes from other cities’ crematoria.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #857 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 08:07:29 »

My wife went to morrisons this morning, just to get our weekly shop. She came back and broke down in tears. There is literally no food on the shelves.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #858 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 08:18:21 »

They've known for weeks and weeks that it can spread before people show symptoms, plus some cases are asymptotic. It's been serious since that point in my opinion, although I never imagined it would be like this.  

That's why they gave up on 'containment' and switched to the 'herd immunity' strategy. Once the 'herd' reacted to the mooted casualty figures, it didn't result in the logical u-turn (aligning with WHO/European/Chinese harder lockdown measures), but a half-baked and unenforced delay and advice strategy. Ongoing.

They've also known for weeks that the NHS is seriously ill-prepared through lack of staff, PPE protection, ventilators and testing.

Incompetence,  or something more sinister, I really can't decide.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #859 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 08:39:46 »

My wife went to morrisons this morning, just to get our weekly shop. She came back and broke down in tears. There is literally no food on the shelves.

You see this post makes me really very angry. We have no kids or pets etc so in this situation we can very easily manage our food intake based on what we already had/have. I get that people are scared and will need more food and supplies as they now have kids at home etc but the level people are taking this to is causing untold misery.

Other people really need to take heed of the advice and stop this nonsense now. Its surely only a matter of time before there are full on fights/deaths even from people fighting over food that would NOT be a problem if people weren't so bloody selfish.

On the news last night they were saying that in Italy, where the situation is way worse, Italians are being very good with their behaviour and not stockpiling etc. I really don't get why we have this issue in the UK?

Is it down to Brexit? Wink (That's a joke before anyone starts)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #860 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 08:40:49 »

The great British public  Roll Eyes

I gave up this morning, only wanted to grab a couple of items from the store near where I work, and the cars were queueing to reach the car park. Bollocks to that. Good time for me to start my diet.  Yes
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 08:44:42 by 4D » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #861 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 08:46:42 »

We stocked up a bit.

I know it's all silly but, considering everybody else is being silly, we're left with little choice.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #862 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 08:52:40 »

There’s no problem with food here at the moment - and, being an island, everything has to be shipped in.

We have had zero cases but now people from Athens who have holiday homes here are moving over. No doubt some will be bringing it with them.

I’ve been baking bread and freezing home made chips, hash browns and roasties
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #863 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 08:54:05 »

I saw a supermarket delivery chap last night with a van full of food working on his own. That will soon change to ensure protection either by having security or a lock down enforced by police/army. Sadly I fear the UK will struggle to respond sensibly in the coming months. On the other hand just  Pint and be merry whilst you can (or bottle).

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #864 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 08:59:29 »

It's not surprising the reaction of a good chunk of society, look at the amount of selfishness on a day to day basis, the roads, cutting in at the bar  Smiley. Whenever there is something like this then the selfish rise to the surface. Remember the fuel crisis when the strikes were on, people were filling jerry cans and loading the boot.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #865 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 09:18:38 »

Is it down to Brexit? Wink (That's a joke before anyone starts)

Although I think we know what a Venn diagram involving stockpilers and hardcore brexiteers would look like
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #866 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 09:29:23 »

I'm loathe to mention the W word but the collective of the nation during those times when almost everyone had to make do with literally nothing was heart warming. There was sharing and caring and whilst there are good people now trying to show kindness and goodness by helping out the elderly and vulnerable etc but this pales into insignificance with the cumblankets fighting to get into Asda at 6am to buy 100 bog rolls and 10 kilos of pasta.

Now you have the child in America attempting to fuel race hate by changing the term of the virus from CoronaVirus or Covid19 to 'The Chinese Virus'. He knows what he is doing, creating a negative connotation of China and its people. Its going to lead to attacks by rednecks on Asian people in America and he doesn't care. What an absolute nasty piece of work.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #867 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 09:35:25 »

I went to Morrison’s in Eldene at 6am this morning, which has more to do with the time I finish work and it’s location than anything else plus I was genuinely curious to see how manic it was.

Busy-ish and the toilet rolls coming off the shelf as soon as they were put on there. I bought some Pringles, a chocolate bar and some Disaronno and coke.

Not sure what everyone is actually expecting and what they think they need countless toilet rolls for?

The worst thing in all this was our son’s dermatology appointment being cancelled. His skin is a serious mess right now. We desperately need this appointment got a cancellation but then they cancelled all of then anyway. I think they turned the place where it would have been into the Coronavirus ward....and....now he has chicken pox just to irritate his skin further
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #868 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 09:38:01 »

I get you won't get everything, but try local shops.

Jesse Smith's butchers in Ciren was fullymeat stocked , the veg shop (memory garden) near there too, the local shop had toilet roll (1x 4 pack per customer), etc, etc,  for example.

it's not ideal I know.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #869 on: Thursday, March 19, 2020, 09:40:29 »

Quote from: Flashheart
We stocked up a bit.

I know it's all silly but, considering everybody else is being silly, we're left with little choice.

that's the problem, and a natural response.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: