Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188536 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #735 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 21:52:42 »

Im still so angry I didnt watch.  I take it there was a massive amount of support for the self employed.

your anger was regarding his wording which would directly effect your insurance, today he clarified this so probably worth you watching!

hopefully means you can claim
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 22:05:34 by singingiiiffy » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 07:27:21 »

Yay! According to deceased psychic Sylvia Brown it’s going to turn out OK. This from her book ‘End of Days’ published in 2008(?).

‘In around 2020 a severe pneumonia-like illness will spread throughout the globe, attacking the lungs and the bronchial tubes and resisting all known treatments. Almost more baffling than the illness itself will be the fact that it will suddenly vanish as quickly as it arrived, attack again ten years later, and then disappear completely.’
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #737 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 08:04:51 »

That's actually from a Dean Koontz book apparently
https://v1019.com/2020/03/10/did-author-dean-koontz-predict-coronavirus-in-80s-suspense-thriller/

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 08:25:34 »

Panic buying going through he roof apparently. Pubs ignoring advice and people not caring. Time to lock us down Boris. Follow Italy, Spain's and France's orders here too.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 08:37:28 »

Panic buying going through he roof apparently. Pubs ignoring advice and people not caring. Time to lock us down Boris. Follow Italy, Spain's and France's orders here too.

Sadly, I suspect he's still trying to prove to himself and to everyone else just how different we are from the rest of Europe.  What works there doesn't work here, because we're British.

Eventually, I'm sure we'll follow the same route, at least for a period.  Johnson is not so much leading, as being led himself by events.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #740 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 08:46:06 »

I drove into a supermarket car park this morning to get some milk for work and drove straight back out. Absolutely rammed. Where do people put it all?
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #741 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 09:11:15 »

Yep, with it possible up to 50,000 around the UK have the disease, the death rate is pretty low.
The NHS have only been testing people in hospitals and not those with mild symptoms, so the death rate will look higher that way.

This is another area where UK is at odds with WHO guidelines.  They are pushing very hard for continued testing.  We stopped the emphasis on testing once we started to move out of the containment phase.

The WHO line is that without testing you lose your understanding of how and where the disease is spreading and, for instance, how much of a problem will remain next winter.  I assume that the UK rationale is that once the outbreak reaches the size where it is pointless to try to trace and isolate the source of each infection then testing for non-serious cases is an inefficient use of resources that should be deployed elsewhere.

This is a huge extrapolation, but in the Ebola outbreak in Africa a few years back it was subsequently discovered that  the Ebola deaths had been reasonably contained but the huge amount of medical resources devoted to it had resulted in many times more avoidable deaths from other causes. It's possible that this is driving the UK govt thinking.  I think  that Chris Whitty was working in Africa at that time.

Probably another case where there is no absolute right or wrong stance.  Pros and cons in every direction.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 09:15:43 »

Yay! According to deceased psychic Sylvia Brown it’s going to turn out OK. This from her book ‘End of Days’ published in 2008(?).

‘In around 2020 a severe pneumonia-like illness will spread throughout the globe, attacking the lungs and the bronchial tubes and resisting all known treatments. Almost more baffling than the illness itself will be the fact that it will suddenly vanish as quickly as it arrived, attack again ten years later, and then disappear completely.’
Bloody scary !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 09:16:59 »

Went for a leg stretch last night near the Woodlands Edge, not full by any means but still quite a few in there ignoring 'government advice'.

Meanwhile over in Spain they're pulling over vehicles with more than one occupant inside, and turfing out the passenger. My elderly mum in lockdown over there was sat talking to a neighbour in the garden mindful of keeping their distance, and the guardia civil officer ordered the friend to go home. They all appreciate that these draconian measures are taken purely for the greater good.

Appears 'squashing the sombrero' is actively going on in Spain, whereas over here our 'leader' merely advises we all do it. Pathetic, and worrying in equal measure.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 09:23:59 »

I drove into a supermarket car park this morning to get some milk for work and drove straight back out. Absolutely rammed. Where do people put it all?
Exactly the same !!,  walked the town yesterday,  not a loaf of bread or a single potato in any of the four supermarkets,  absolutely unbelievable, how much of the fresh food purchased will finish  up in the bin ??,  people need to get a life,   once the panic is over shops will not need to open for a week,  people will be living on their stocks.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 09:28:18 »

Comment on tv last night  by someone in some government office,  'anything less than twenty thousand deaths would be a result'  Fuck me,  do we really understand how serious this is ?.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 09:38:52 »

That was the chief medical advisor

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 10:06:46 »

I went to Tesco's in Liden and got some milk and the last chunk of cheese they had. Items I needed. Apart from that they had very little. No bread, fresh veg/fruit or eggs etc.
I'm not even trying now for at least a week. Oh I got 48 cans of Carling premier from lawns offy yesterday for £10.99 for 24 cans if anyone's interested. Best before date end of the month.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 10:09:24 by Arriba » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #748 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 10:24:36 »

I'll be going to the pub on saturday if I can. Can't be cooped up in the house all day. It's supposed to be nice so I'll sit in the beer garden.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 10:27:42 »

Imagine if this virus had hit the UK September / October when all the colds started. The country would have literally gone into meltdown as everyone fearing the worse

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: