Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188318 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 09:28:08 »

* Wheres Wally, The Coronavirus Edition.jpg (273.36 KB, 626x2448 - viewed 257 times.)

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 09:31:46 »

Brilliant. Nicking that. 

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 10:51:43 »

Yup, very good  Smiley
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 11:04:14 »

Don't think you're naive at all. There will always be exceptions, always be some selfish dickheads, but if people are given clear messages and clear leadership, I agree they will in the main try to do the right thing. Sadly we're lacking in both at the moment.

One thing I missed last night but which has become apparent this morning is that this is a massive U-turn by the govt. Following a new modelling study done at Imperial College based on the data from Italy, the scientists are admitting now that the "herd immunity" strategy isn't going to work, at least not in the short term without a vaccine, and that we do need to move (albeit belatedly) to a much more stringent lockdown model.  That is what this is about. And while they have massively fucked up the communication of it, surely there will have to be a financial safety net for pubs and the entertainment industry in what Sunak announces today? Macron has unrolled a e300bn package in France to stave off the effects on the French economy. That gives some idea of how inadequate the £12bn announced last week now looks.

Yes I've been heartened by stories of people setting up neighbourhood groups to look out for each other and arrange shopping etc. for their at risk neighbours.  In Bristol an impromptu voucher scheme has sprung up whereby you buy a voucher from your favourite local restaurant/bar/club/hairdresser which they'll redeem for the equivalent service when it becomes viable to do so.  Not practical for everyone to do of course, and not a universal solution, but gives not just  financial assistance to businesses but reinforces to them that their customers may have disappeared temporarily but they care that they keep going.

As for the govt, yes the budget never envisaged something like this.  Whether it should have done is not as relevant as whether Sunak is going to step up to the mark today. 

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 11:53:47 »

I feel for you Sax. I'm in the early stages of setting up my own creative management company (alongside my photography) and have been on the verge of getting my plan approved by lenders. That's currently in limbo. In the meantime, I had 2 filming shoots, a couple of gigs and a Charity Ball upcoming end of this month/into April. All cancelled of course.

It's not a huge order book granted but I am starting out. All this has fucked my current strategy but lack of clarity from Gov also means I'm left uncertain whether to change my own strategy. A lot of what I do relies on face 2 face networking too. It can work without for some things but I'm not really near that stage yet. Events, shoots, gigs etc need physical presence anyway. Potential art clients can view digital images/galleries of paintings/sculptures etc but they like to see them in the flesh more often than not.

I don't expect any help but for the short term I'm left back at pretty much zero. I think anyone knows starting any business from scratch isn't easy, sustaining it also.

All I can offer is at least when we come through this we will have a chance to rebuild. Creative arts and public will be hungry for entertainment.

At least we're not dead yet.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 19:57:57 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 12:31:02 »

On this basis I am going to crack open the G&T's.

Don't, you'll start a monumental shift of panic buying fucking Andrex to Schweppes  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 12:38:02 »

Euros -> 2021 according to Norwegian FA
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 12:39:58 »

I feel for you Pax. I'm in the early stages of setting up my own creative management company (alongside my photography) and have been on the verge of getting my plan approved by lenders. That's currently in limbo. In the meantime, I had 2 filming shoots, a couple of gigs and a Charity Ball upcoming end of this month/into April. All cancelled of

I don't expect any help but for the short term I'm left back at pretty much zero. I think anyone knows starting any business from scratch isn't easy, sustaining it also.

All I can offer is at least when we come through this we will have a chance to rebuild. Creative arts and public will be hungry for entertainment.

At least we're not dead yet.
Feel for you Bamboo, Good luck mate.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 12:40:11 »

Horse racing stopping until the end of April.
What are us gambling addicts expected to bet on?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 12:41:20 »

date when horse racing will really be on again?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 12:48:59 »

Govt now advising against non-essential foreign travel, warning that there is a risk people may not be able to return to the country if further travel restrictions are imposed (i.e. they are on the table)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 12:53:20 »

Euros off...2021 now.

Havent read back....so apologise if im late.

Clems Army!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 13:00:35 »

Euros off...2021 now.

Havent read back....so apologise if im late.
Just like the Summer Ball.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 13:35:45 »

Govt now advising against non-essential foreign travel, warning that there is a risk people may not be able to return to the country if further travel restrictions are imposed (i.e. they are on the table)

For 30 days.

Our holiday is in 32 days!!

Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 13:43:31 »

Feel for you Bamboo, Good luck mate.

Yup.  Same.  Really shitty timing for you.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: