Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188273 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 21:37:40 »

Reading pub/restaurant pages on Facebook saying they will open and ignore the advice. Their followers are all saying fuck Boris etc. Unless there is a lockdown like Spain have and tomorrow France introduce, ordered by our government any advice will be ignored. The good old British spirit is now a selfish I'll do what I like non society.
I don't blame the pubs and restaurants tbh, if the govt want them to close they need to set out an order forcing them to close, then the businesses can claim on their insurance. Without that, if it stays as "advice", they're fucked. A lot of them could go under. I know what you're saying about the individuals though
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 21:40:03 »

Just pinched this from another page, kind of makes sense now.

COVID-19 plan for UK

I’m going to explain Boris’s method for anybody who doesn’t quite get it. I’m not saying if I agree with his plan or not but here goes:-

His plan is to segregate all vulnerable people (older, ill and at risk) let’s call this group A

Anyone looking after the older, ill and at risk can be group B

The general population, generally healthy can be group C

Group C needs to go about it’s business keeping the country moving, kids at school and us at work

Group B looks after group A and avoids contact with C

Group C is allowed to contract the virus and because it’s generally healthy it can cope with it better than group A

Group A and B are almost self isolating without the virus to avoid putting a strain on the NHS and reducing the risk of getting the virus and then needing the NHS

Group C (the generally healthy) go through the cycle of contracting the virus self isolating and being looked after by healthy family members, friends and the local community.

Anyone who has complications gets looked after by the NHS while groups A and B are kept away. The NHS are not strained by A and B while its looking after complicated cases in C

As group C comes full circle and recovers it divides into groups that take group B’s position looking after group A allowing group B to go though the cycle

With group B and C though the cycle, group A is free to have the NHS to itself because B and C are now clear from illness and infection and hopefully have a degree of immunity from getting it again this season.

Hope this helps

Everyone has a job to do for the above to work

Stay safe..

I'm AA (i'll get a bra one day) I'm at home now from now for the foreseeable. Mind you was probably safer at work as I've been commuting on empty trains the last few days

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 21:51:32 »

I agree Artiba, but humans have always been selfish.. not everyone, but enough.

Thing is, if  the government act like it's an advisory thing through not enforcing it can they honestly be surprised?

It's the same all over. look at the fans that gathered outside PSG for their closed doors friendly....

Good points.
I don't blame the pubs and restaurants tbh, if the govt want them to close they need to set out an order forcing them to close, then the businesses can claim on their insurance. Without that, if it stays as "advice", they're fucked. A lot of them could go under. I know what you're saying about the individuals though

Again good points. The most important from both of you is the "advice" part. It needs to be orders, but orders can see the government blamed if it doesn't work.
Valid Pint

« Reply #648 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 23:22:00 »

Almost valid pints.

We must not eradicate this virus as one day it will save us from the martians.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 00:14:37 »

Chloroquin- the savior? Sure we will see more about this in the next week.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 03:20:14 »

Interesting. If true could Quinine not also be considered? As well as Plaquenil. I don;y know huge amounts about Plaquenil (or Chloroquine) but they are chiefly anti-Malarial drugs. I know more about Quinine though.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 06:57:41 »

Chloroquin- the savior? Sure we will see more about this in the next week.
Also the drugs used to combat HIV have proven successful against the virus
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 07:15:13 »

As already said by many, the govt edict that we 'should' avoid pubs etc. is bizarre.  That is one area where they surely need to quickly hold their hands up, acknowledge they got it wrong and close them.

One area where I do disagree, perhaps naively, with earlier posters is that I believe the vast majority of people in this country will do the right thing if they are enabled to do it.  That means:

1.  Getting the financial support package working for people & businesses that need it.
2.  Ensuring that the govt message is clear & unambiguous.
3.  Getting the media to grasp that their primary job is to keep pushing that message and to be challenging it only when really necessary rather than because they think it is clever and newsworthy to push out contradictory messages.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 08:19:50 »

Interesting. If true could Quinine not also be considered?

On this basis I am going to crack open the G&T's.

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 08:32:54 »

I'm meant to be staying to Brixham next weekend and attending a music festival in Paignton. I'm sure it will be cancelled. I can get a refund on my Airbnb but the pre bought train tickets are currently non refundable. I don't know whether to still go down and drive there and just go for walks and mind our own business really. Guess I'll wait until this time next week and see how things are🥴
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 08:39:36 »

I am currently fucking furious.

Ive lost all my work until at least May, but realistically I cant see my business getting back until August.

That sloping shouldered piece of shit Johnson has thrown my entire industry under the bus to protect his insurance company mates.

I was sitting watching his pathetic abdication of duty whilst running a show at the roundhouse.  We'd sold 2000 tickets and we are left with him telling the country not to go out.  Whether this is right or not he has to actually enforce it not just suggest it.  So Im left to make the decision of whether or not we open the doors on a gig.

We did and less than 48% of the ticket buyers came to it.

If he doesnt enforce a shutdown we get no support.  Our cancellation insurance does not get paid.  Our industry, the theatre industry, the comedy industry every creative art is fucked by this pathetic non leadership.

A massive crisis is happening and we have leaders showing nothing but self interest.

I really might as well declare bankruptcy now.  There is now no purpose, no need for me.

Absolute disgraceful cunt.

Never knowingly overstated.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 08:42:27 »

Ive lost all my work until at least May, but realistically I cant see my business getting back until August.

That sloping shouldered piece of shit Johnson has thrown my entire industry under the bus to protect his insurance company mates.

I was sitting watching his pathetic abdication of duty whilst running a show at the roundhouse.  We'd sold 2000 tickets and we are left with him telling the country not to go out.  Whether this is right or not he has to actually enforce it not just suggest it.  So Im left to make the decision of whether or not we open the doors on a gig.

If he doesnt enforce a shutdown we get no support.  Our cancellation insurance does not get paid.  Our industry, the theatre industry, the comedy industry every creative art is fucked by this pathetic non leadership.

A massive crisis is happening and we have leaders showing nothing but self interest.

I really might as well declare bankruptcy now.  There is now no purpose, no need for me.

I know my words are of no help but i am furious for you. I have a lot of friends in the music industry and its horrible seeing them fucked over. I really hope something changes and BJ does the right thing.
I wish there was more we could do to help.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 08:58:43 »

I was sitting watching his pathetic abdication of duty whilst running a show at the roundhouse.  We'd sold 2000 tickets and we are left with him telling the country not to go out.  Whether this is right or not he has to actually enforce it not just suggest it.  So Im left to make the decision of whether or not we open the doors on a gig.

If he doesnt enforce a shutdown we get no support.  Our cancellation insurance does not get paid.  Our industry, the theatre industry, the comedy industry every creative art is fucked by this pathetic non leadership.

I really might as well declare bankruptcy now.  There is now no purpose, no need for me.

Feel for you. The arts, retail and hospitality industries are the current front-line. No one knew how fast or how deeply the country would pay with its lives or livelihoods for electing a callous chancer manipulated by big money and cynical opportunists. The derogation of responsibility is shocking, especially when compared with the rest of Europe.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 09:08:26 »

Old BJ made a right fuck up. I hope he slept well. I'm not very political, but that 'show' last night was a farce.

As others have said he needs to force the shut or nothing. Why did he even mention it? Pubs/Restaurants/Social events will all be affected. They can't claim on insurance as it's advised only.

This whole thing is farcical. I genuinely don't understand what is going on. This virus was around before christmas but no one battered an eye lid. People just got on with it.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 09:25:02 »

As already said by many, the govt edict that we 'should' avoid pubs etc. is bizarre.  That is one area where they surely need to quickly hold their hands up, acknowledge they got it wrong and close them.

One area where I do disagree, perhaps naively, with earlier posters is that I believe the vast majority of people in this country will do the right thing if they are enabled to do it.  That means:

1.  Getting the financial support package working for people & businesses that need it.
2.  Ensuring that the govt message is clear & unambiguous.
3.  Getting the media to grasp that their primary job is to keep pushing that message and to be challenging it only when really necessary rather than because they think it is clever and newsworthy to push out contradictory messages.
Don't think you're naive at all. There will always be exceptions, always be some selfish dickheads, but if people are given clear messages and clear leadership, I agree they will in the main try to do the right thing. Sadly we're lacking in both at the moment.

One thing I missed last night but which has become apparent this morning is that this is a massive U-turn by the govt. Following a new modelling study done at Imperial College based on the data from Italy, the scientists are admitting now that the "herd immunity" strategy isn't going to work, at least not in the short term without a vaccine, and that we do need to move (albeit belatedly) to a much more stringent lockdown model.  That is what this is about. And while they have massively fucked up the communication of it, surely there will have to be a financial safety net for pubs and the entertainment industry in what Sunak announces today? Macron has unrolled a e300bn package in France to stave off the effects on the French economy. That gives some idea of how inadequate the £12bn announced last week now looks.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: