Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188814 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 18:28:34 »

grass roots football suspended.
woolster

« Reply #631 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 18:33:51 »

Virtual gigs seem to be the in thing at the moment. I've watched a couple live on Facebook and Twitch. Good fun.

Feel sorry for the bands who rely on touring as their income, I'm seeing Billionaires asking the government for handouts when its these guys, the musicians, the artists and pretty much anyone self employed that need help the most.
I'm self employed, had a few cancellations but hanging on in there, good job as would have to get in line behind Branson and all the other rich fuckers going cap in hand
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 18:49:56 »

So I'm ok to go to work where there are 1200 people, but not to the pub where there are less than 20. Yep good one.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 19:09:22 »

So I'm ok to go to work where there are 1200 people, but not to the pub where there are less than 20. Yep good one.

How many of those kids would need to be looked after by their grandparents during the day though? Recipe for a disaster

We are in unique times and the answers aren’t simple
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 19:15:29 »

It's not necessarily the kids. It's the staff in the schools which are off. We have 4 off in one school. Cover supply teachers don't want to go into schools.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 19:16:02 »

How many of those kids would need to be looked after by their grandparents during the day though?
Or by a parent who is a medical professional or works in a supermarket etc etc
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 19:17:52 »

There are worse things than panic buying bog rolls

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/16/us-sales-guns-ammunition-soar-amid-coronavirus-panic-buying

Thanks to the Yanks for finding a new low
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 19:31:53 »

Meanwhile in Holland....

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/16/dutch-panic-buyers-queue-round-block-cannabis-12405192/
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 20:29:58 »

Just pinched this from another page, kind of makes sense now.

COVID-19 plan for UK

I’m going to explain Boris’s method for anybody who doesn’t quite get it. I’m not saying if I agree with his plan or not but here goes:-

His plan is to segregate all vulnerable people (older, ill and at risk) let’s call this group A

Anyone looking after the older, ill and at risk can be group B

The general population, generally healthy can be group C

Group C needs to go about it’s business keeping the country moving, kids at school and us at work

Group B looks after group A and avoids contact with C

Group C is allowed to contract the virus and because it’s generally healthy it can cope with it better than group A

Group A and B are almost self isolating without the virus to avoid putting a strain on the NHS and reducing the risk of getting the virus and then needing the NHS

Group C (the generally healthy) go through the cycle of contracting the virus self isolating and being looked after by healthy family members, friends and the local community.

Anyone who has complications gets looked after by the NHS while groups A and B are kept away. The NHS are not strained by A and B while its looking after complicated cases in C

As group C comes full circle and recovers it divides into groups that take group B’s position looking after group A allowing group B to go though the cycle

With group B and C though the cycle, group A is free to have the NHS to itself because B and C are now clear from illness and infection and hopefully have a degree of immunity from getting it again this season.

Hope this helps

Everyone has a job to do for the above to work

Stay safe..
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 20:37:43 »

for those that are self employed, have you gone through your insurance for cover of loss of income and has anyone spoke with insurance companies to see if you are covered?

for me unfortunately- it looks like its an add-on that was not selected on the policy. i would imagine that its impossible for me to now act. i am lucky enough that i could go without income for quite a period but that's not to say it isn't needed if a claim would allow.  

edit*

https://www.zenefits.com/workest/is-coronavirus-covered-by-business-interruption-insurance/

But while many policies do have business interruption coverage, a significant number of these policies exclude compensation for communicable disease outbreaks, a change many insurers made after the SARS outbreak of 2003.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 16, 2020, 20:44:36 by singingiiiffy » Logged
woolster

« Reply #640 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 20:45:01 »

for those that are self employed, have you gone through your insurance for cover of loss of income and has anyone spoke with insurance companies to see if you are covered?

for me unfortunately- it looks like its an add-on that was not selected on the policy. i would imagine that its impossible for me to now act. i am lucky enough that i could go without income for quite a period but that's not to say it isn't needed if a claim would allow. 
what insurance, I only have liability Hmmm
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 20:49:27 »

what insurance, I only have liability Hmmm

if its only liability then i guess that only covers 3rd party against you.

a lot of policies include personal accident and loss of earnings.
woolster

« Reply #642 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 20:52:42 »

if its only liability then i guess that only covers 3rd party against you.

a lot of policies include personal accident and loss of earnings.
cheers, its not bad for me at the moment, if it does get dodgy i'm going to have a go at getting some of that budget handout Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 21:24:02 »

Reading pub/restaurant pages on Facebook saying they will open and ignore the advice. Their followers are all saying fuck Boris etc. Unless there is a lockdown like Spain have and tomorrow France introduce, ordered by our government any advice will be ignored. The good old British spirit is now a selfish I'll do what I like non society.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: Monday, March 16, 2020, 21:34:59 »

I agree Artiba, but humans have always been selfish.. not everyone, but enough.

Thing is, if  the government act like it's an advisory thing through not enforcing it can they honestly be surprised?

It's the same all over. look at the fans that gathered outside PSG for their closed doors friendly....
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: