Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188371 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #480 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 19:56:23 »

The British medical/scientific community seem to have done their best to avoid simply following the herd and have come up with their conclusions (right or wrong) based on their interpretation of the facts.

And the British constabulary appears to have decided that the Accuri case should not be investigated...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 19:59:35 »

National state of emergency, worst hit is actually Madrid. Over 2000 cases there. Now army on the street, all bars restaurants etc shut in the capital too.

Catalan, rioja, Galicia, Madrid, and parts of Leon and the basque region in lockdown. Malaga province is probably next followed by the rest of Andalucia.

Easter parades look like they may be cancelled which is a fucking huge deal here.

Just got off the phone with my mum who lives in Portugal.

If you are found to be out whilst suppose to be self isolating it is punishable by 5 years in prison.

Limiting numbers in shops, restaurants etc, all parades cancelled
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 20:10:46 »

Anyone know how Swindon's finances will operate with no games? Will insurance cover player wages?
Flashheart

« Reply #483 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 22:28:40 »

Just checked my wife's temperature and it's 34.

Does that mean she's dead?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 22:31:18 »

if it's in fahrenheit the quite possibly.

mind you, she has been hanging around with a westerner, she was warned
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 22:45:49 »

Just checked my wife's temperature and it's 34.

Does that mean she's dead?

You'll be arrested if you do..
Flashheart

« Reply #486 on: Friday, March 13, 2020, 23:04:24 »

mind you, she has been hanging around with a westerner, she was warned

Fair point. she had it coming
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 09:17:50 »

An early halt to the season would have been very much welcome in recent years given the dross served up at STFC, so it is typical something like this occurs when we are on track for our first promotion and possibly title for almost a decade!

I have tried to read up as much as I can and all noises suggest the peak isn’t actually expected until another 10-14 weeks. Making a return to action a long way off. However, the suggestion is very much that the season will not be ‘voided’ - due to the integrity of the competition, legal challenges etc.

By all accounts nothing is being ruled out, including significant re-scheduling to the 20/21 season if this one has to be finished over the summer - what happens with regards to players contracts is anyone’s guess.

One thing for sure is that this will be very messy....and I’m missing the football already!!

Enjoy the first of many non-football Saturday’s TEF’rs  Sad
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 09:37:06 »

Anyone know what situation swindon supermarkets are like? I take my mum to do her weekly shop on Saturdays and I’m worried he shelves will be bare.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 09:44:05 »

In Asda West Swindon, my wife has just got home saying there is plenty of fresh fruit and veg , cheese , meat, milk etc, but no loo rolls, no pasta, no Iboprufen or paracetomol, few biscuits, and  cereals running low. Also no eggs or flour.

ust be the oldest
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 09:56:23 »

Anyone know what situation swindon supermarkets are like? I take my mum to do her weekly shop on Saturdays and I’m worried he shelves will be bare.

I popped to Asda Orbial at 7am and a lot of the shelves were empty (baked beans, pasta, rice, biscuits, porridge etc) but plenty of bread, milk, cheese, fruit & veg. Asda are looking at shutting their stores at midnight - 6am so that they can restock shelves as there are too many shoppers turning up during the night plus some getting abusive.
Lidl this morning was basically the same as Asda short on certain items but ok with others

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 11:38:14 »

The British medical/scientific community seem to have done their best to avoid simply following the herd and have come up with their conclusions (right or wrong) based on their interpretation of the facts.
Not sure that's true of the medical/scientific *community*, there seems to be significant dissenting voices to the "herd immunity" line the CSO is pushing. It's interesting though that many companies are taking it upon themselves to implement social distancing ahead of govt advice to do so. There doesn't seem to be much trust in the official advice.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 12:51:13 »

Given we’ve got a winter World Cup in 2022, and noise sounds like it’s a couple of months until the worst is over, would the authorities that be consider restructuring next season to start later and get prepared for the enforced winter break in a few years?

Things get better but they never get good
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 15:30:09 »

This panic buying is fucking ridiculous. There's no need. And eggs for fucks sake. Why are people panic buying eggs?!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
china red

« Reply #494 on: Saturday, March 14, 2020, 15:37:32 »

Yeah supermarket was full of bedraggled workers today, think they are feeling the pressure big time.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: