Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188268 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 10:02:05 »

Man City vs Arsenal postponed this evening. Club statement at 1am.

Some arsenal players met the olympiakos/forest owner the other night.

Just play the stiffs instead, quick enough to do it in the cups

Might want to rephrase that in that current context.  Wink

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 10:15:40 »

T+E? Time and effort? Wait, what?
Sorry. Travel and Expenses
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 10:26:00 »

Sorry. Travel and Expenses

Sorry, you get get your travel and expenses costs back despite company policy stopping you going???
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 10:31:47 »

Ive had 7 shows cancelled today and am rather worrying about my a 10 date arena tour in April going and leaving me with no work for a month.

The joys of self employment.

American acts are seeing their shows cancelled in mainland Europe and realise that they cant afford to come over and just do the UK (hence why it better if we have strong ties and frictionless travel with the European union, but that fucked)

So the question is, do I need 2 kidneys and will a 48 year old kidney from someone who's worked for 25 years in live music go for enough to see me through this crisis!

That's horrible.  I know someone well who also works in the events industry and is also self-employed...and in a similar situation.  It may seem dire at the moment, but there will be an end to this.  The Independent was reporting yesterday that the peak could be as little as two weeks away.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you and everyone else similarly affected.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 10:47:36 »

Sorry, you get get your travel and expenses costs back despite company policy stopping you going???
Yes, i booked this trip last year. As soon as i booked and paid, i filed my expense claim. That's how it works. If i have to cancel the trip, its not me who is out of pocket, its my company.

My qualm is that say we have an annual travel budget of £3000 and this trip was £500, we wont get that £500 back in the budget.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 10:52:08 »

Yes, i booked this trip last year. As soon as i booked and paid, i filed my expense claim. That's how it works. If i have to cancel the trip, its not me who is out of pocket, its my company.

My qualm is that say we have an annual travel budget of £3000 and this trip was £500, we wont get that £500 back in the budget.

Apologies I didn't word my post very well.

So you have been paid for the trip that isn't happening but will need to fund a subsequent visit out of your own pocket despite the company making you cancel the initial one, or is it just an interbnal company funding/budget issue (which I assume they will have to address anyway?)?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #261 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 11:16:39 »

At my work, preparations in earnest for the majority of non essential staff to work from home have begun.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 11:30:32 »

Apologies I didn't word my post very well.

So you have been paid for the trip that isn't happening but will need to fund a subsequent visit out of your own pocket despite the company making you cancel the initial one, or is it just an interbnal company funding/budget issue (which I assume they will have to address anyway?)?
Ahh gotcha, no, i wont need to fund out of my own pocket, i'd tell them where to go if they asked. Im sure there will be some form of budget adjustments at some point.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 11:38:22 »

As we seem to be providing updates on our work situation;

On our project we have been split into 2 teams. (I'm in team A). Team A has to work from home for 2 weeks, and then 2 weeks in the office and then at home for 2 weeks etc. Team B has to work in office for 2 weeks and then 2 weeks at home and then office for 2 weeks etc.

I was sick with manflu last week so i've been WFH a week and a half. Its been good on the whole but it does make you miss the daily commute and office days.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 12:02:06 »

At my work, preparations in earnest for the majority of non essential staff to work from home have begun.

Same.

All our American offices are already 'closed' so only a matter of time.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 12:17:49 »

My work want to prepare for this, but not a chance they could get it all set up in time, so if we have to stay away from work, i think i'll just be doing whatever i want (they may amaze me and come up with something but that would be a big surprise)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 12:17:59 »

Managed to get on a train at Bristol Parkway this morning.
Jammed in like sardines until Cheltenham.
I'm guessing that Coronal Virus is a new local strain of Covid 19.

Other than that the service and also Birmingham New Street seemed less busy compared with making the same journey a couple of weeks ago.

With regard to the football in particular, hope it doesn't come to empty stadiums or postponements.
Looks like some scope for the EFL season to extend into May if required.
Imagine the season being declared as void. Just our luck eh.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 12:22:18 »

I think schools will be shutting so to reduce the risk of spreading.

A lot of headteachers are planning this.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 12:23:31 »

My work are being vigilant. They were preparing at the end of january for us to work from home.

They are effectively going to quarantine the entire office for a minimum of two weeks, but are preparing for a full month of working from home, possibly more.

Suits me as most of my work is fairly automated so I will get more time to play games and watch series haha.
Flashheart

« Reply #269 on: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 12:27:55 »

I work at home anyway, so it won't make much of a difference for me. As long as my work-flow is not interrupted and I don't see why it would be *touches wood*
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: