Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1197326 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Friday, February 28, 2020, 19:17:22 »

Another thought. Call me a dubious cunt (because that is what I am) but FUD. I wonder who high up the chain, has vested interests to make some cut price investments.

A nice wedge to be made by anyone if investing is your game. If you're looking to get in, this is an opportunity. This won't affect the markets forever and your investments will soon be up.*

With fear, uncertainty and doubt being spread by misinformation you can look back in a year and be happy you put in a grand or whatever you can afford.

*They may go down before they go up but that's fine, chance to buy in cheaper. More gains later on  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #91 on: Friday, February 28, 2020, 19:34:29 »

There will be some bargains to be had for sure. In crashes like this, even companies and industries that aren't effected can get trashed. I'd beware of companies that it will have a material impact on trading though, even if you think it will be short lived. Some without strong balance sheets will be pushed to the brink, even if does fizzle out.

Another way to think about it is, which companies will benefit if it carries on? Home delivery services for example. NCYT has had a pretty huge rise because they've got a testing kit I think, I haven't looked into how well positioned they are to capitalise.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, February 28, 2020, 19:48:31 »

It has brought a funny story, for me given my industry, around investments.  For all the glitz and glamour, algorithms and high flyers making decisions, Zoom Technologies keeps getting a share price boost thanks to being of a similar name to Zoom Video Communications.  On the day the latter launched their IPO, the former saw their share price go from 0.005 cents per share to $5!
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, February 28, 2020, 20:27:44 »

It has brought a funny story, for me given my industry, around investments.  For all the glitz and glamour, algorithms and high flyers making decisions, Zoom Technologies keeps getting a share price boost thanks to being of a similar name to Zoom Video Communications.  On the day the latter launched their IPO, the former saw their share price go from 0.005 cents per share to $5!

Did you have any shares Rob? That's the kind of anomaly to spot/predict.  For fun though it would be worthwhile diversifying in several shares under a similar name of an established company. I'm no pro at all but my own take is when the common or "media" traders tell you things are bad and we should sell. I buy.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #94 on: Friday, February 28, 2020, 20:55:47 »

Did you have any shares Rob? That's the kind of anomaly to spot/predict.  For fun though it would be worthwhile diversifying in several shares under a similar name of an established company. I'm no pro at all but my own take is when the common or "media" traders tell you things are bad and we should sell. I buy.

That's called contrarian trading. It can be hugely successful, if you get it right. The old dear's fella made a bundle on investing in house builders at the height of the global financial crisis. As I mentioned before you have to be careful that whoever you invest in can ride out the storm, and it's also when hidden problems tend to come out. As Warren Buffet said, 'Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked.'
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Friday, February 28, 2020, 21:03:36 »

Every trader or share dealer should be made to work in a coal mine or an abattoir for a month. Mainly just for being useless human beings with no purpose, except self purpose.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #96 on: Friday, February 28, 2020, 21:09:17 »

Every trader or share dealer should be made to work in a coal mine or an abattoir for a month. Mainly just for being useless human beings with no purpose, except self purpose.

Yeah, if you want to hate humanity more you should read some of the discussion boards for Ncyt. People getting excited about the spread of the virus. It's the same with oil stocks and probably loads of other things I haven't thought of, glee about conflict in the Middle East etc.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, February 28, 2020, 21:16:55 »

I'm good as i am without getting more depressed about things thanks!
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, February 28, 2020, 22:28:18 »

That's called contrarian trading. It can be hugely successful, if you get it right. The old dear's fella made a bundle on investing in house builders at the height of the global financial crisis. As I mentioned before you have to be careful that whoever you invest in can ride out the storm, and it's also when hidden problems tend to come out. As Warren Buffet said, 'Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked.'

Indeed. I have several investments in various places. It is a high risk strategy but with certain ones I'm sure they have the capital behind them, to "ride out" multiple set backs. I'm also prepared/comfortable knowing I can afford to lose what I've put in. Nothing is at risk per se (only what I've put in) and most of them are long term investments.

There are two or three that have very consistent trading patterns on a month to month basis. These are considered very high risk but I would be comfortable rolling the dice on them more so than some of my football bets. More often than not people don't get involved because they hear the top end horror stories of people putting all their eggs into one thing and then some more (that they don't have). When it goes tits up they are truly fucked.

Once I get to a certain position, I'll take out what I put in then "play" with a chunk and leave some just to mature (hopefully).

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, February 29, 2020, 13:43:50 »

https://ivygrove.org.uk/coronavirus.html#mythbuster

An official guidance-cum-myth sheet. I'm not sure but it seems to be targeting very thick, beer swilling racists mostly.

A lot of the "questions" on there are incredible but the penultimate one...well. I'll let you all have some fun with this.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #100 on: Saturday, February 29, 2020, 14:21:47 »

https://ivygrove.org.uk/coronavirus.html#mythbuster

An official guidance-cum-myth sheet. I'm not sure but it seems to be targeting very thick, beer swilling racists mostly.

A lot of the "questions" on there are incredible but the penultimate one...well. I'll let you all have some fun with this.

You need to have a word with them about their figures  Wink
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, February 29, 2020, 14:38:01 »

You need to have a word with them about their figures  Wink

Soapy Tit Wank You got me there!

'Incessant Nonsense'

Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, February 29, 2020, 17:52:08 »

Cheltenham Festival 13/8 to get called off due to the virus.

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/racing-specials/cheltenham-festival/cheltenham-festival-specials/will-racing-go-ahead-cheltenham-10th-mar

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, February 29, 2020, 19:19:20 »

Cheltenham Festival 13/8 to get called off due to the virus.
Racing people will bet on anything Smiley
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, February 29, 2020, 19:20:45 »

France has banned all gatherings of over 5000 people.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: